Celebrating an Engagement

LaurenJean

Earning My Ears
My brother is proposing to his girlfriend in Magic Kingdom and I want to do something special for them to celebrate. They have already booked meals and my brother already ordered an in room celebration from Disney Florist. I will not be on this trip with them, it'll just be the two of them. One of my ideas is to book a Happily Ever After Dessert Party for them. Is there a way to keep this secret and not linked to MDE? His girlfriend doesn't know about the engagement, but is very involved in planning the trip. Any other ideas? Or logistics to give them a surprise?

I believe you could have a celebratory cake delivered to one of their meals.

You should be able to book the HEA dessert party for them. I would just coordinate it with your brother to make sure you book a good date for them to go and that he will definitely show up as it's a pre-pay event and there is a 5-day cancellation policy. I would call the reservation in and put it in his name and then write down the confirmation number and give that to him as well. There is no need to link the number in MDE. Make sure to note they are celebrating their engagement.

Alternatively, as PP suggests, you could have a cake or specialty dessert delivered to them at one of their meals. Can your brother see the info in the MDE account? If you have the date/time and confirmation number for the reservation, that should help in coordinating the cake delivery. There is a huge cake thread on these boards which could give you some ideas for cake possibilities.

The problem with the cake at any of the restaurants is you don't/can't pay in advance. The cost of the cake is added to your restaurant bill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter