"Celebrating LOVE" - From Norway to WDW and Back (Nov 3-10) Updated Nov 15

eleda72

Mouseketeer
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]Hello, this will be my first TR here, so bare with me...
DH and I am from Norway, and this would be my 13 trip to WDW since 2001, and DH 11 trip
(DD have had 2 trips alone)

I have been planning this trip for almost a year... and I have NEVER planned this much since 2001, and DH seriously thought i was going crazy... "LOL"

I injured my leg in august and have been on crutches for almost 3 mouths so I was really anxious how that would affect my trip.
One week before we left I got a cold, and only 4 days before our trip that cold got even worse with a bad caught (Yikes)

November 3 (Travel/Arrival day)
We had to get up around 5.30 a.m. (Norwegian time) and around 6.15 a.m. my DH parents came and drove us to the airport. We live only about 10 min from the airport so we where there around 6.25.

We checked in our luggage and went to get breakfast at the airport.
It was so much fog, and I was worried that it would affect our flight...
Thankfully it did not, and we where of on time to FRANKFURT. (It was much more clear when we left)

IMG_3007.jpg

WOW... I was so happy I had order some help and a wheelchair at the airport, because I don´t think we would have made our next flight with me moving so slowly on
crutches.

The man who helped us was so polite and great and we never felt stressed at the airport.
When it was time to board the flight we got to go in the "first class" line and got in very early.
A man infront of us looked really "mad" because we got to go in before him... well.. that was HIS problem...

We found our seat and waited for everyone to get seated and the plane to leave...
Well.... there was a problem with one of the doors and we waited and waited... and waited..
2 hours later we was finally on our way to Orlando...
My leg started to hurt really bad, and I got scared... every bad thought wen`t true my mind.

I watched a movie (I can`t remember the name) and it was great.
Could not get much sleep because my leg hurt so much, and around 2 hours before landing I got some small epilepsy seizures (YIKES) and I was even more scared.

Thankfully the seizures stop around half an hour before our plane landed at MCO
It was a long flight from Germany, and even longer with the 2 hour delay...

I got wheelchair assistance and we picked up our luggage and on to Disney`s Magical Express.

We where soooooo tired when we got to POP and was ready to go to sleep..
Hmmm... looks like we had some "bad luck" following us this day, because when we was checking in the CM told us our rooms was not ready.. (HELP :)

She told us that she was so sorry even though we did not complain at all... over and over again. Then she told us that we would get a extra day with our DP so we could go and eat something at the foodcourt. (1 TS, 1 QS and 2 snacks EXTRA each) WOW....
Looks like our luck turned, and we also got something else that I did not hear (back to that later)

We wen`t to the food court and had some pizza and got our Christmas mugs...
10 min later I got an email that our room was ready... YAY...
Found our room on the first floor in the 50`s building and it looked GREAT.
Finally after been up for 24 hours +++ we went to bed....

Tired, but with a SMILE on our FACE because we where "HOME"

IMG_3019.jpg

Yay for your first TR!!:cheer2:
Great about some pixie dust from the POP front desk CM!pixiedust:

I'm here and can't wait to hear all about your trip!:)

Sunday, november 4 (Animal Kingdom day)
The night before, we found out that since we arrived so late we decided to cancel our ADR`s at TUSKER HOUSE.
Maybe NOT the best idea ever, because I actually woke up at 6.15 a.m. (Back in Norway is was already 12.15 a.m.)
Well, we took it easy and decided to eat breakfast at POP instead...
We both had the Bounty platter with Mickey waffles, and it tasted GREAT.

Then we where of to AK for the day...
We met Bill (the bus driver from Dis facebook page) and said hello... it was nice to put a face to the name:)

When we arrived AK we went strait to upgrade my tickets to an AP (YAY, first time for me having an AP)
Steinar was kindly laughing at (with) me, saying I must be the only person from Norway who has an AP... (I think not... :)
I am going back in only 223 days with my DD and my children and youth choir, but that is another story and maybe a pre trip report.

Well, I got my AP and I was very exited about that....
After that we wen`t to rent a wheelchair for me... just in case....and we ROLLED away to the SAFARI...

IMG_3030.jpg
We had such a great ride at the safari and got to see many more animals than we usually does...

IMG_3086.jpg
After the Safari I just realized we did not have very much time before our next FP+

So, we rolled away over to EXPEDITION EVEREST....
And here was the moment I had been waiting for....
Since I had done most of the planning and had told Steinar (several times) that he had to look into what attractions he would like, I did NOT know that he did NOT want to take Expedition Everest...

Oh, well... (I should have known)
I was sooo exited, because I have never rode this ride before, and on top of that "ALONE"
When standing in the FP line, I decided I need to put on my brave face and just GO... and I DID :)
At first I thought "This is nothing"... well, I changed my mind and I don`t think I have screamed that loud ever before.
BUT, It was SO MUCH FUN (It will defiantly go on my "to do list" again.

I met up with Steinar and it was starting to get really HOT...
We found the guest service who deals with the DAS card (not for my leg, but I have several other challenges as PTSD, my sight is not so good ++++) There was a huge line, but after about 10-15 min we got the card and was ready to move on.

Next up was visiting some shops and I found the Christmas spirit Jersey I had on my wish list and Steinar bought some funny socks.

PANDORA was next on our list, and I only had FP+ for NA VI river journey.
We stoped on our way and took a couple of pictures and had some taken with the photo pass photographers.
IMG_3183.jpg IMG_3173.jpg

This was the first time any of us had tried this ride, and we both thought it was BEAUTIFUL...
Not as nice as FOP (I rode that one last year), but I still liked this one too :)

After the ride I was happy that I could use my DAS for a FP+ on Flight of Passage (The standby line was about 45 min, so I could come back 45 min later)

Okey, I am having some challenges uploading pictures and figure out this like how to save things... ( I have been writing this post twice now)
So I will post now and see how this goes..
Do I need to update something when I write something new? (And how?)

Thank you for reading :)
Have a MAGICAL DAY

Hi! Congrats on your first TR! I am writing my first PTR right now as well so we are in the same boat!

We wen`t to the food court and had some pizza and got our Christmas mugs...

We will be staying at POP in about 3 weeks, and we are hoping that there are still Christmas mugs left. Was the pizza good?

When we arrived AK we went strait to upgrade my tickets to an AP

YAY!! Being an AP is awesome. We used to have APs when my family lived in Florida.

We found the guest service who deals with the DAS card

I am glad you were able to get the DAS. It is incredibly helpful. My younger sister qualifies, and it makes our vacations go a lot smoother.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter