Celebrating my 30th Disney style - Complete and Picture heavy!

Day 2 Paris

As you may have known from my PTR I had put a lot of planning into this day ensure my parents got the most out of it – they had never been before and they may never go again (although I think they will now ;) )

We got up and went for breakfast at 07:15 then we left the hotel a little before 8. We bought our tickets from the machines at the terminal and paid €16.60 each for the RER ticket Mobilis zones 1-5 – this was chosen as we had intended to use the metro.
Spoiler alert - As it turned out we didn't actually use the metro once. However, I think I would always buy this option in the future as it isn't hugely expensive and it's nice to have the metro option. If we'd had time to make it to Moulin Rouge and Montmartre we would have definitely used it!

We went down the stairs and there was a train there so we were on our way by 08:30. This is where I let myself down (and everyone else although they would never say it) for all my planning we got off a the wrong station!! My intention was to get of near the Arc de Triomphe. We ended up 3 miles away! We could have gotten another train to where we wanted to be but my dad decided on the walk – it ate up a good hour or so of our morning but hey we got to see the financial district which had some interesting buildings. There was some very light rain when we arrived but nothing to put us off (we’re British after all)

We also had a great view of both the Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tower (if a little foggy so early)

DH had woken up with a bit of a blocked nose this morning and wasn’t feeling great so I had to stop by a pharmacy. Between my poor French and the Pharmacists better English we were able to buy some Vicks VapoRub – good news is it’s called the same thing over there if any of you ever need it. We then stopped in a coffee shop - a strange story here After our coffees a few of the party needed the loo which was downstairs – at the bottom of the stairs was a cubicle for Men, a cubicle for ladies and in the corner a urinal. The Urinal and mens cubicle were free to use, Ladies was 20centso_O!! My mum paid it (I would have used the mens – it was free and no one could have walked in or anything haha)

We finally made it to the Arc de Triomphe –

The weather had cleared up a little by now but the sky was still a little moody. It was, at least, still very warm. From the Arc we headed toward the Eiffel Tower.

My mum and Brother don’t like heights and I was apprehensive they wouldn’t do it…

When we got there the queues were huge! As it was around lunch time we decided to eat first whilst they decided if we were going up or not (DH and I had done it before and whilst we wanted to do it again this was their day)

We bought hot dogs from one of the vendors under the Tower – it was just over €11 for a huge hot dog, some fries and a drink. It was too much really but yummy (sorry no pick – it was windy so it was hard to hold and photograph at the same time) and really great value for Money when you consider we were at one of the biggest tourist locations in the world!

After lunch mum and Luke had decided they were happy to go for it so we joined the queue, dad decided to not join us it actually didn’t take that long – 20 – 30 mins and we were on the elevator going up up up

Do you remember me saying it was windy? Obviously it was a LOT windier at the top so much so these 2 wimped out

Well that’s what they said but I happen to know they don’t like heights :rolleyes1

DH and I stuck it out and got our champagne at the top

Then suddenly we were enveloped in a black cloud with extremely heavy rain and it felt like hail – we made a hasty retreat but still got quite wet

And as soon as it came the rain went and we were left with clear blue skies so we headed out on the second floor –

Last edited:
I hope you don’t mind but I am going to upload more Eiffel Tower pictures – It is an amazing feat of engineering and the views are fantastic!

…Close enough haha

There was a glass bit that you could stand on and look down so here are mine and DH’s feet

Thanks for the warning!

We decided to walk down from the 2nd floor. By Walk I mean my mum moved faster than I have ever seen her move holding onto the handrail the whole way

We spotted dad –

When we got down mum was holding dads hand as if to say “please don’t let our horrible children ever do that to me again!” haha I think she actually enjoyed it but doesn’t need to do it again in a hurry!

Whilst were we up the Eiffel Tower my dad milled about a bit and managed to stay dry! With the downpour we had we were amazed. He had been people watching and a caricaturist (may or may not be the right name but you know what I mean right) came up to him and just started drawing a pic of him. He kept saying you don’t have to pay me decide at the end. My dad kept telling him he didn’t have any money (my mum had it all) anyway he let my dad keep it for free and this was the outcome

My dad was kind of glad he didn’t have to pay for it!

Since it was so warm and sunny now we decided to have an afternoon treat and grab an ice cream from one of the vendors under the tower. There were reports the vanilla tasted a little odd but the pistachio was tres yummy

Then we walked along the river toward Place de la Concorde

See that black cloud? It didn’t amount to anything thankfully and moved fairly swiftly!

Last edited:
From there we headed through the beautiful Tuileries Garden toward the Louvre

We then sat it a lovely sunny square for a drink break – we all had beers apart from mum who had a hot choc. No pic except this one I saw whilst sitting there

Then we took the 5/10 min walk to our dinner reservation

Where most of us had burgers so only 1 pic

In hindsight I wished we just wandered and found a nice little French restaurant to eat in. The reason we ate here was that I wasn’t sure how my parents would be feeling about being in Paris and I wanted something I knew they could definitely eat! Next time I will know they can handle it.

We had one thing left on our “have to do” list – a river boat cruise on the seine. DH and I had done one at sunset on our last visit and it was so beautiful with people dancing on the river bank. It took us about 15 – 20 mins to walk there

I had pre booked this with Vedettes du Pont-Neuf at €10.00 per person. We arrived around 19:40 so would be on the 20:00 sailing. The boys decided to have a beer whilst we were waiting and me and mum shared one – let me warn you they were the same price as the tickets!! We found out too late. This sign was in the bar which I liked:

Unfortunately there had been so much rain they had to change the route, instead of going by the Notre Dame (which we were originally going to visit first) we had to go up a little further passed the original statue of liberty.

Last edited:
I managed to somehow miss your hotel photos last night - thank you for those. Am staying in Santa Fe for the first time in January and it was useful to see the breakfast buffet. I don't think I'll starve. :rotfl:

No you certainly wont they do have huge quantities! we were the first seating so I don't know what it gets like toward the end of service

Good luck with the diet and RunDisney challenge - that sounds exciting. :thumbsup2

Ha thanks. I'm not very fit at the mo but I have joined the gym and have been 4 times since we got back and swimming 3 times so hopefully I can get there. I really want to push myself and as I expect I will only ever run 1 half marathon it better be a Disney one... ;)

Still enjoying your trip report!

Thank you thank you

Like Anemone, I am also staying in the Santa Fe hotel in February next year... It was useful to show your pictures to my boyfriend to give him some idea of what we will be getting :D

There is a lot of choice and something for everyone!

I am so tempted to do RunDisney too, but I think I'll wait until 2017 as right now I can just about manage 5k and I have a 2.5 mile race on Sunday I'm forcing myself through, hahaha.

komble right now I can't even manage 2k let alone 5 AND i don't really like running. However, I do want to get fit and I need a target to help me get there so I am planning on signing up (with DH) and will train as hard as I can! fingers crossed I'll make it!

Look forward to the rest of your report, so happy everyone had a lovely time!!

Not as happy as I was haha!

Thank you both for reading along :goodvibes

So we had just had very expensive beers and were boarding the seine boat tour.

As with most of my report I will let the pictures do the talking (as usual I took tons so I am just going to narrow it down to my faves (still quite a few mind ;) ) The first one shows just how high the river was – this is a bench along the bank…

^ The smallest house in Paris (if not in France)

Unfortunately the sunset was going on whilst we were getting off the boat so I sadly missed out on the sunset pictures I was hoping for! This is the closest I got

We realised we were pretty close to the Notre Dame and as that was one of the places on the list we decided to walk down there. It was closed so we didn’t get to go in or up the bell tower which I had hoped to do – always next time though right ;)

It was then time to head toward the train station – about a 20 min walk from where we were and we were pretty tired at this point so we allowed for a little slower walking and pics ;)

I really love a City all lit up at night. I wish we had longer really, maybe next time I will make it a longer trip and spend a couple nights staying in Paris.

We were at (the correct) train station around 21:45. According to my research the next train should have been 22:35 but thankfully that was wrong and we were onboard at 22:05 arriving back at Marne-la-Vallée just before 11. Incidentally this was the ONLY time DH and I caught the resort bus – it seems to take a little longer.

I am doing this all from memory and 2 weeks have passed but I am pretty sure we just headed back to our rooms when we arrived back and watched a little TV until we were ready for sleep which didn’t take longer.

Up next… and then there were 7

Last edited:
Hi Shelley - that looks like a lovely but exhausting day in Paris. One day I will definitely get to do that. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and lovely photos. :goodvibes

Hi Shelley - that looks like a lovely but exhausting day in Paris. One day I will definitely get to do that. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and lovely photos. :goodvibes

Hi Anne!

It was exhausting but really worth it we all had a fantastic day and if we didn't add the 3 miles of walking first thing we would have definitely made it to Moulin Rouge and Montmartre. Of all the areas we have been before we loved montmatre so it's worth a visit I think.

Hoping to get back to the TR and back to Disney :goodvibes very soon but thought I would have a mini real life update...

I don't know how many of you (if any) have been on or are interested in Disney cruises. For us it has become our new favourite holiday. It is more expensive but I can honestly say worth every penny. Anyway, they released the Autumn/Fall 2016 itineraries yesterday...

The original 2016 plan was to go to Florida with my cousins who have DVC. Walt Disney world is my first love and we haven't been since 2009 properly. However, there was announcement for some cruises out of New York during half term next year. My cousin got very excited about the itinerary as did I AND I have wanted to sail out of/into New York since I was a little girl, but we couldn't justify both so no WDW but we are now going to New York and a 7 night cruise which goes to Disneys Castaway Cay and a whole day at Disney world (park hopper included in the price).

Now do you remember my parents who I have been slowly taking out of their comfort zone? Well I have definitely succeeded as they are coming along with my brother :jumping1:

That makes 9 in our party - Me, Carl, Mum, Dad, Luke, Cousin, Cousins wife and their 2 children I am so excited!! so there will be another TR in my future ;)

I expect that will be it for a little while though as we then want to start thinking about babies and things.

Anyway, apologies for the disruption form your regular programming :surfweb:

And then there were 7...

After our long day yesterday I really wanted an early start to make the most of EMH. DH and I got up and showered and were waiting for Luke to get up then he told us to go to breakfast without him (turns out he thought he’d told us to go ahead without him a long time before haha)

We headed down and had some croissants and coffee and this was the day we decided to borrow some mugs from the breakfast hall for coffee in the room. (don’t worry we did leave them in the room when we left)

Once we had eaten we headed back to the room and as soon as Luke was ready we headed on in. I am working from memory here but I am pretty sure we were there around 08:30 and it was lovely and quiet!

We hadn’t been to Discoveryland yet so that is where we headed and walked straight onto Buzz…

Look at those tired concentrating faces!

We then walked straight onto Start tours.

Once that was done we had an important meeting to make as we had agreed to meet our friends outside Disney Studios at 09:45.

Before we left the park we grab a snack (I know I know DH and I had already had breakfast but we couldn’t resist when Luke was buying his!) The boys had some kind of nutty pain au chocolat and a coffee and I had a Nutella Brioche and coffee. The boys enjoyed theirs but I was a little underwhelmed by the Brioche as it was very dry!

We entered Studios at opening and whilst the others stopped for a restroom break I joined the rat race and hot footed it over to Ratatouille.

Being a good Diser I had done my research and knew this was a popular ride and FPs go quickly! I was in the queue about 09:50 and getting the passes around 10:15 and I think our return time was around 11:30 so only an hour to kill

We headed around to RC racer which I always really enjoy then we went to try Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster but it was either closed or down so we headed around to ToT which had a 25 min wait.

This is where we had one of our best interactions with a CM – Pierre on ToT noticed mine and Carls Castaway Cay lanyards and started chatting to us a lot about Disney and cruising, he subsequently followed us right through from front of house to elevator to chat to us and it was really lovely.

DH looks bored but I promise this and Splash Mountain are his 2 most favourite rides!!

Once we were off ToT and sorted out our photo we headed back to Ratatouille. Unfortunately as we got there it went down but we were assured our FPs would be good all day. With that it was almost getting to our midday meeting time with mum and dad (they decided to have a leisurely start and lie in after yesterday ;) ) We were supposed to be meeting at ToT but we decided we fancied a lunch time beer so I gave them a call, they were still in the village so we went out to meet them.

We had a look around a couple of the shops

What do you think?

Then we headed over to a spot that was popular with us – the sports bar for some drinks it was so hot and sunny we couldn’t help but chill out here for a while and had a couple drinks. Next time you go definitely try a Grimbergen (if you like beer) it is a very nice Belgian in both the Blonde and Blanche.

This is a good time to introduce to FriendG (from here on will be referred to as G) with Carl –

And FriendS (from here on will be referred to as S) with me

After our chill out lunch period we headed back into Studios

Where we all went on ToT

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/ShellB8585/media/DLP 15/f3386_zpsngjanxz1.jpg.html
And everyone apart from Dad went on RnR

We then split again as we had our Rataouille FPs so we arranged to meet at 600 mum and dad went to do the backlot tour and we headed onto Rataouille.

The verdict – it was good and it is GREAT for kids but there is no way it is worth the 2 hour wait a lot of people are queuing for. I would do it again but never wait longer than 45mins max. This is just my opinion though.

We then went to do the Backlot tour and it broke down – running theme! With that we decided it was time to head over to Disneyland for what is probably the best night I have ever had at Disney!

Last edited:

Once we arrived in Disneyland we decided to go on the railroad.

Mum and Dad just missed our train so we arranged to meet later and off we went. IMHO (and it’s only my opinion) This is a ride where DLP let’s itself down. The Railroad in Florida (and to my recollection CA but it’s been a while) has much more to see whilst you are onboard. It goes through different areas and pretty landscape. A lot of the railroad in DLP was just going through empty land and passed empty buildings or what appears to be cast member areas as there are a lot standing around talking. It takes away from the magic of the park. One positive is you can see how much space they have for different rides and expansion. Again, just my opinion though. I am sure there are plenty of people who enjoy it just to be on the train.

After this we were all starting to get a little tired so decided to grab a coffee just off main street to perk up before our dinner reservation which is where mum and dad found us.

Tonights dinner was at the Silver Spur Steakhouse. Our reservation was for 19:30 but I always like to arrive a little early so we got there at 19:15 and it was packed! We were seated at 19:40 and it took a very long time for our server to come to us to take our drinks orders. We suspect that one of the servers had called in sick or something as he seemed to be covering a Lot of tables (more than the other servers) so it was all off to a very slow start and we were a little disappointed but let me tell you once it started to get a little quieter Arthur did a fantastic job of winning us all around and the food was sublime!

We all ordered off the Sherriff (€29.99 for 3 courses) or Cowboy Menu (€35.99 for 3 courses) this just made sense as some of the mains alone were over €30.00

For some reason I don’t have a picture of the Cowboy Menu (will have to trust my memory) but here is one of the childrens menu for anyone interested

So onto the food I have pictures of –

Starters

Beef Carpaccio from the Cowboy Menu

This was melt in the mouth amazing! I kind of want to go back to DLP just to eat this meal again ;)

Goats Cheese Tart from the Cowboy Menu

S enjoyed this very much

Sweetcorn Soup from the Sherriff menu

Carl really loved this, I have to find a recipe to make it at home, and my dad enjoyed it too.

The only starters I didn’t pictures of were my Brothers Caesar and my mums Prawn Cocktail as they looked like you would expect. They both really enjoyed them!

For main we nearly all had steak this pic is mine from the Cowboy menu

It’s not a cut I think I have had before and it was just delicious, cooked to absolute perfection! We all found our meals delicious!

The only one who didn’t have steak was mum who had Salmon (sorry no pic) and she really really enjoyed it!

Now desserts

Chocolate Sundae

Cheesecake

And Crème Flambee

We also decided to order 3 bottles of wine to share at 24.99 a bottle. I can’t remember the exact total as some had more drinks but for DH and I for 2 3 course meals and a bottle of wine it came to €90.97 we paid €100 as Arthur worked hard and deserved a tip and the food was amazing. These are Disney prices but £75 for 2 meals that were that good was worth it in our opinion – we were all very very happy.

Completely full and content we left the restaurant and headed out into the night air.

As there was no queue for PM we went straight on. We then thought we’d try BTMRR. They were just closing the line as we got there and they let us on (dad sat this out)

It was Magical – it’s the only word I can use. It was the same time Dreams was on and every time we came around to face the castle fireworks went off! You have to try and ride at this time.

As we pulled back into the station they asked if we wanted to ride again!! :cool1:

Just look how happy we are! The fireworks were still going off and it was so wonderful.

We got back around to the station and got off then they asked if we wanted one more…:jumping1:

Excuse silly faces, we were having so much fun!! We got off and Dreams was still going on so we made a swift move toward the exit via the Arcades before the masses were headed that way.

We were on a high and completely buzzing! We didn’t want to end the night just yet so we headed to the Sports bar for a few more drinks

We were there until last orders then decided it was time to walk back to our hotels arriving just after midnight. It was election day back in the UK and Luke, Carl and myself are interested in that kind of thing so we put BBC on and had a cup of coffee before going to sleep…

Last edited:
The day I turned 30…

We got up around 7 this morning and my mum dropped over some cards she brought over with her then we left around 07:30 as we had a Breakfast date with a mouse!

Our Café Mickey reservation was for 8 – when it opened – but we decided to get there a little early. At 8 the doors opened and we were the first in the queue with reservations so were shown straight to a table. I said I’d wait with the bags whilst everyone got their first plates so I could sneak their gifts out

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/S...and20Paris20part20120330_zps1pcytbrd.jpg.html
Anyone who read the PTR will know I planned on giving these out later on. Quite frankly I didn’t want to carry them around all day nor did I want to go back to the hotel before lunch so I gave them out at breakfast instead.

Here is what I got everyone –

For mum a Winnie The Pooh watch

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/S...5-45a2-9268-58e2fb00dc32_zps5qfsoleo.png.html
For Dad a wine glass

For Carl Mickey Tie and cufflinks (you should see these in a future TR ;) )

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/S...1-494E-A764-982270F2B079_zpsxa0loqsx.jpg.html
For Luke a Goofy watch

For S a Cinderella scarf

And for G some framed Mickey guitar picks

They also all had a Tsum Tsum each

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/S...7-4A50-9474-86AC4D411B8C_zps6fs1j5d2.jpg.html
And then there were party bags odds and ends – bubbles, superhero gliders, Yo-Yos, sweets, colouring book, pencils and a Bouncy ball.

I think they all went down very well and you will be glad to know I was successful with my secret – even Carl didn’t catch on!

I’m sorry, I was a bit of a bad Diser at this point as no food pictures but it was really nice to have a hot breakfast there were little sausages, crispy bacon, Sauteed potatoes in a herby oil, scrambled eggs, then pastries, breads, yoghurts, fruits, cold cheese and (I think) cold meats along with the usual spreads. If you go put a slice of cheese on top of the potatoes – Delish ;)

Obviously I did take some pics – here is a handful

[URL=http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/ShellB8585/media/DLP%2015%20DIS%20TR/Disneyland20Paris20part20120336_zpshystbg78.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/ShellB8585/media/DLP%2015%20DIS%20TR/Disneyland20Paris20part20120341_zpsqqalghbk.jpg.html]
[/URL]

[URL=http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/ShellB8585/media/DLP%2015%20DIS%20TR/Disneyland20Paris20part20120338_zpsa6wdib8y.jpg.html]
[/URL]

[URL=http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/ShellB8585/media/DLP%2015%20DIS%20TR/Disneyland20Paris20part20120343_zpsducpfqka.jpg.html]
[/URL]
http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/S...and20Paris20part20120338_zpsa6wdib8y.jpg.html
http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/S...and20Paris20part20120343_zpsducpfqka.jpg.html
I love these lamps –

We had a lot less characters than the first time we visited but we all enjoyed our meals!

Once breakfast was done we had to split up. I forgot to mention in a PP but when we returned the night before mum and dad realised they had lost their park tickets. I called down to reception who said they can print off new ones after 8am with all the room documents. So they headed back to the hotel to sort this out and the rest of us headed into the park just in time for a little EMH before the park opened…

Last edited:

We headed over to Star Tours first then Buzz

Looks like S’s distraction tactic is not working…

I tried to take some artsy bubbles in front of the castle pics and failed miserably (I blame the bubble blower)

Then went to make sure the Dragon was still in a safe place…

...she looked a little angrier than the last time we saw her so we retreated.

Then we headed over to a first for us

G decided to not join us as it was a little too close to breakfast and in hindsight 4 adults is too many for one cup!

But have you ever seen 2 grown adults have more fun?

Then over to Alice’s Curious Labyrinth (another first for us)

Aren’t S’s leggings amazing?

It was then time for a coffee so we headed to Au Chalet de la marionette I love the wood carvings in here

Caffeinated we decided to head over to POTC which had a short queue

We also did Indiana Jones - the queue was 30 mins and the FPs would have had us back in 20 so we picked up the FPs tried to do the Aladdin walkthrough but it was shut, then went back for our ride. It's strange here that FP returners just have to force their way into the regular queue and there is no CM there to facilitate this. We felt like we were pushing in and felt a bit guilty and I expect those we went in front of were a little annoyed too!
We then had a look in some shops (my memory is letting me down but I am pretty sure we went for a drink somewhere too) before meeting up with mum and dad. Originally they were going to meet us around 11 but dad wasn’t feeling great – we suspect a little heatstroke – so they met us a little later in time for our late lunch reservation…

Last edited:
Our late lunch/early dinner reservation was at Blue Lagoon and it was something I had really been looking forward to (especially every time we passed it whilst on POTC!)

The reservation was for 15:30 and we arrived a little early, handed in my Birthday cake voucher to have a Strawberry birthday cake and then were shown straight to our table.

The menu

I loved this location and the theming of the restaurant. We weren’t going to do any sit down meals in California when we’re there in October but after the experiences on this day I am seriously considering Storytellers Character breakfast AND Blue Bayou (but that’s for another TR ;) )

Our drinks came very quickly. G, S and I were very thirsty so we ordered 2 AND it was my birthday so we had a cocktail with our beers and with those drinks came some nibbles- nachos and rolls with butter

We all decided we didn’t need a starter so went straight to our mains. Carl had chicken Colombo which I didn’t get a picture of unfortunately.

G had Miracle Catch

And the rest of us had the Surf and Turf which was delicious!

After our delicious meal it was time for the cake, The whole wait staff sang to me which was nice

Then our waiter kindly offered to take a photo of us all

Do you remember the Strawberry cake I ordered?

Well the Chocolate cake was yummy. It is basically an ice cream cake and perfect after a big meal.

I’m afraid I can’t give you a price on this meal. DH and I had decided we would pay €250 toward it as a thank you to everyone for coming. Because of this Carl paid his and everyone else split the rest between them and I didn’t pay attention. Sorry!

But I can tell you it was worth every penny!

After dinner Luke had decided he wanted to chill out for a little bit so he headed back to the hotel. Dad still wasn’t feeling great so found a cool place to sit while the rest of us found a spot for the parade…

Last edited:
Some goodies available at the stalls in the Village –

I picked up some treats to share later

And bought myself a new Hoody.

We eventually found ourselves at our favourite watering hole to chill out for a bit just after we had sat down and ordered our drinks we got a text from mum and Luke to say they were in the park as mum hadn’t done a single ride today they decided to stay and get in a few while we chilled out with our drinks.

We then made our way back to the park to something I had been looking forward to the most

I liked the colours changing so you get 2

And this is where we met mum and Luke.

I love Disney parks at night!

And my favourite picture of the whole trip

Isn't the sky just beautiful?

I just wish dad had been able to join us!

I had intended on getting there early for a good spot in the hub. Carl didn’t want to queue up so early but didn’t want me to be alone on my birthday so I stayed with the group knowing we would miss out on the water projections a little. We ended up in a spot just in front of Plaza Gardens which was pretty good

Last edited:
The boys got back just moments before dreams started. Again, we were a little further back than I had hoped and I never got around to buying my tripod but here are a few of my fave pictures to share with you...

Shame about the tree really as that could have been my best shot if it wasn't in the way!

We really really enjoyed dreams! I wish I had gone more than once and I wish I had stood in the hub and bought a tri-pod but that is just another excuse to go back ;)

It was handy being at Plaza gardens as it meant we could make a quick exit straight down the Arcade. We weren’t quite ready to head back so went to the Sports Bar (AGAIN!) and let the masses leave then we headed back to the hotel (Via McDonalds for a snack).

And that was the end of my birthday…. 1 full day left then home :sad:

Last edited:
Shelley I'm loving this. :thumbsup2 Have been reading at work and your photos make me feel like I'm there. Looking forward to your last day but don't want it to be the end too soon either. :rotfl2:

Really pleased you enjoyed your birthday meal at Blue Lagoon. That would be my choice of where to have a birthday meal and cake in DLP. :cheer2: I loved Blue Bayou. I ate from a limited menu there as I did the Fantasmic dinner package but still would have eaten pretty much anything on it. I love trying different things on holiday and what I tried of New Orleans cuisine was very special.

Also like your photos of the Silver Spur food - that's a restaurant I have still to try. Always important to have a reason to go back. :cool1:

Pleased everyone liked their "birthday" presents - they're lovely. :flower1:

Pity there were so few characters at breakfast - hmmm, I'm going to keep an eye on that as I was thinking of CM breakfast as a treat in January but if they start cutting back on characters I may reconsider. All in all it looked like a fabulous birthday. :bday:

Shelley I'm loving this. :thumbsup2 Have been reading at work and your photos make me feel like I'm there. Looking forward to your last day but don't want it to be the end too soon either. :rotfl2:

Thank you. I have been uploading during my downtime at work - working for an online company has it's plus sides and one of them is they don't mind us doing what we want online when we have downtime!

At least once this has finished I can get stuck into my next adventure In LA, San Diego and the Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise.

I forgot to ask, did you ever make it to the Disney Museum in San Francisco?

Really pleased you enjoyed your birthday meal at Blue Lagoon. That would be my choice of where to have a birthday meal and cake in DLP. :cheer2: I loved Blue Bayou. I ate from a limited menu there as I did the Fantasmic dinner package but still would have eaten pretty much anything on it. I love trying different things on holiday and what I tried of New Orleans cuisine was very special.

We really enjoyed both our table service meals but the ambiance on BL was just so special and 15:30 was a great time as it was very very quiet!

Glad you enjoyed BB we'll see what we end up doing - depends really on opening times, if we have shorter opening hours we may not do sit down meals at it eats up precious time. Also haven't decided if we're doing 2 or 3 days yet

Also like your photos of the Silver Spur food - that's a restaurant I have still to try. Always important to have a reason to go back. :cool1:

Silver spur was delicious I would highly recommend.

I always have a reason to go back, it's Carl I need to convince ;)

Pleased everyone liked their "birthday" presents - they're lovely. :flower1:

Me too, the scarf I bought S started it all. I really liked it and was going to buy it for myself then realised I don't really like to wear a scarf but remembered S loves them so then it spiralled into somethig they would all like. I lucked out too as Luke was disappointed on the Ferry he had forgotten his watch. It took all my effort to not give the game away then and there :rotfl2:

Pity there were so few characters at breakfast - hmmm, I'm going to keep an eye on that as I was thinking of CM breakfast as a treat in January but if they start cutting back on characters I may reconsider. All in all it looked like a fabulous birthday. :bday:

It really was a fantastic day but I was a little disappointed by the limited characters. I wondered if it might be because it was off season? It was very nice to have a hot breakfast though.

I forgot to ask, did you ever make it to the Disney Museum in San Francisco?

Shelley, no - I didn't make the Disney museum - sadly. San Francisco was amazing but I could have done with 3 weeks there, not 3 days.

I also made a stupid mistake which cost me time (and money though I was more annoyed about the time). :blush:
I had prebooked an Alcatraz tour - this was high on my list of things to do there. I had had to change the booking when I changed the dates of my SF trip to suit my brother's time of work - basically he was only able to get time off work when I would have been away and we wouldn't have had any time together before I went home so I changed dates. They replaced my flights and hotel booking so I wasn't out of pocket and I was able to cancel the Alcatraz tour and rebook. What I couldn't do was print my ticket as they don't have a printer so I decided to do that at the hotel in SF. When I went to print the ticket on Wednesday afternoon for Thurday morning I realised the booking had actually been for Wenesday morning and I'd missed it and tours were fully booked out until the following week. After an initial panic I went online to see if something could be done to save the day and discovered that the company do hold back a small number of tickets for sale on the day but that to get these you have to queue up in person fom 5am to get one. So I got up at 4.30 and got the first bus of the morning over to the Embarcadero and was there from 5.15 waiting in line. I did get a ticket for the first sailing of the day at 8.45 and really enjoyed the tour. I would have been very disappointed to miss it. So next time I'm in Ca I will schedule in some more SF time and do more of the things I couldn't do this time including the Walt Disney museum. :cool1:

Oh Anne that's a shame but can't be helped and it's nice to have something new to look forward to next time you go back. I agree about not having enough time! we went to San Francisco as part of our Honeymoon - 5 nights in Anaheim, 4 nights in Las Vegas and 5 nights in San Francisco.

We loved Anaheim (obviously ;) ) and can't wait to go back this year. Las Vegas was great but we both agreed it's the sort of place which would be tons better in a group. Bust San Francisco I wanted to go back as soon as we got home! 5 nights were nowhere near long enough, we did Alacatraz, hired a bike and cycled over the bridge to Sausalito (which is beautiful) and went to Yosemite from there. I didn't know about the Disney museum at the time. Unfortunately I had also picked up a chest infection and whilst I got to do all of those things I spent a lot of the afternoon and evening sleeping because I was so exhausted! poor Carl was stuck with TV and buying subways from around the corner for his dinner (some honeymoon :rotfl2:) I am just glad it happened at the end of the honeymoon. So we have to go back for a do over and for a longer time!! I would like to do an Alaskan Cruise with Disney one year. If we do I think I will definitely tag a week on in San Francisco! That is my bucket list cruise but Carl will only cruise where it's hot (at the moment ;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!