Celebrating my 30th Disney style - Complete and Picture heavy!

Before I move onto our last full day I just wanted to go back a little to the first full day all 7 of us were at Studios as I have just remembered something….

Early afternoon a few in the group fancied a snack so we went to the quick service vans around HTH. While they queued for hot dogs I fancied something different so went with another “van” which had pasta and sounded quite good (and in WDW these places would have served something much better) I paid – I think it was €12 – for what is basically the pasta version of a pot noodle and a drink in the meal deal. This is seriously not worth it and I would recommend finding elsewhere to eat.
Whilst I was being over charged for microwave pasta (I know it’s Disney prices but that was particularly steep) the others found out the first van they went to had run out of Hot Dogs so they went to another just around the corner. The first 3 managed to get their hot dogs and fries meal deal (the same price as my pasta) and Carl being the 4th then was told they had run out of fries so he could only have the hot dog and drink but the guy in the van tried to charge him the same price as if he had had the fries too! Luckily Carl managed to talk him down and after that he had sold out of hot dogs too. Poor G & S (after Carl) only had a packet of crisps so that was a disappointing experience for everyone – For the price you are paying for those particular QS locations you would be better off finding something else. Just my opinion.

Our last full day was here :sad:

Originally we had thought of getting up for EMHs. The night before G & S had said they fancied a little lie in so would meet us around 10 outside Studios and it’s just as well because we slept through our alarms and got up around 9.

We didn’t have much of a plan for today other than we knew we wanted to revisit some of our favourites and take it easy.

We all met outside studios and our first stop was breakfast in studio 1

And the order was coffees and these –

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/ShellB8585/media/DLP 15/DLP20part20220006_zps6sc9l3mn.jpg.html
Chocolate and nut pretzels which were yum!!

We headed onto the Studio Tram tour

We then headed to RnR

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/ShellB8585/media/DLP 15/e8418_zpssmhptwvz.jpg.html

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/ShellB8585/media/DLP 15/e8419_zpsd9kaskdk.jpg.html
Then picked up some FPs for ToT. Around this time we noticed Armageddon was showing soon so we headed in. It’s a great special effects show but no pics I’m afraid.

We wanted to Starz in Cars (name may not be 100% accurate) Carl, G, S and myself saw it on our first visit in 2011 and back then it was a parade with a cute show on the stage followed by M&Gs. It’s changed since then and It’s now just a meet and Greet which is a shame. Great for kids I’m sure but it’s a shame they lost the show portion of it. Donald Duck is my fave and we had Daisy but no Donald and the characters weren’t necessarily the best ones.

Disappointed we headed back toward ToT and the queue was now shorter than our FP time so we decided to queue

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/ShellB8585/media/DLP 15/f7901_zpsuqqkrdjo.jpg.html
That was our last ride at the studios park. I would have loved to have gone on Crush a couple more times but the queue was always so long. I really wish they had FPs!!

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/S...311358_10150334660582540_698504571_n.jpg.html
We headed out to Disney Village for lunch and headed to…… you guessed it – the Sports bar!

We got a table outside while G and Carl went to EoS to get their lunch here is a pic of the Hawaiian

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/ShellB8585/media/DLP 15/DLP20part20220048_zpswhh5vjcf.jpg.html
And original

The rest of us ordered Pizzas, chips or fish and chips from the sports bar and beers for all of us – this was all pretty good value for money and YUM!

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/ShellB8585/media/DLP 15/DLP20part20220050_zpsltaexxie.jpg.html
Mum and Dad decided to do a little shopping while the rest of us checked out each others hotels. Sorry I didn’t get any pictures of the Santa Fe. I think we would stay there as I believe it has been updated more recently than the Cheyenne but if we had kids we’d probably choose Cheyenne for the theming. We then headed over to Cheyenne (where all the daytime pics from my review post came from) and had a couple drinks at the Red Garter saloon – this was particularly refreshing a citrus beer

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/ShellB8585/media/DLP 15/DLP20part20220080_zpsypqgjqgq.jpg.html
And we hung out there in the sun for a few hours with mum and dad joining us eventually.

The boys decided they wanted to go on a little adventure and walk to Val d’Europe and the rest of us headed back into Disneyland

Last edited:

I went camera-less for this evening. I had taken a lot (more than I have actually shared which shows just how much!!!) and I wanted some time off from carrying anything. so this is a mostly pictureless installment...

The boys went off on their adventure and S, Mum, Dad and myself headed into Disneyland. We did a little wandering and rode a couple rides we knew the boys wouldn't be interested in -

Le Pays des Contes de Fées which is really really cute little boat ride through various fairytales - Hopefully we'll get to take our own children on there one day.

Then IASW - I know a lot of people are going to think I have 2 heads now but it is nowhere near my favourite - I wouldn't put it in the top 3/4s. The reason could be something as simple as my first exposure to this ride was when I was in Florida as a 13 year old. I was to old to see it through childs eyes and not old enough to appreciate it. I used to find it really annoying and hated going on it. I do find it easier to ride now and maybe appreciate it a little more but I will only go on it if someone else wants to. I would be extremely surprised if we go on it in October at Disneyland. I expect I will appreciate it more when we have our own children though...

We then queued for POTC

Almost cut out but I'm there in the second row.

We called the boys and they were on the way back so we headed to Hakkuna Matata for dinner. The chicken strips and fries were really really yummy! I am so glad @cdsmiler81 recommended this! The boys caught up with us and ate with us.

They had stumbled upon a WW2 renactment to celebrate VE day. When I get hold of Carls phone I will add any pictures he took to this post.

After dinner we decided to go on POTC together

Followed by Indiana Jones.

By this time it was passed 10 so we headed over to BTMRR hoping we might get the same pixie dust as previous but we will have to put that down to a one of a kind fantastic occasion (and my favourite memory)!

With that we decided to beat the crowds and head out of the park.

Most of the group went to the sports bar but I was all Beer’d out so decided to do a little shopping and meet them there. I joined them a little while later and seriously struggled to keep my eyes open – it was catching up with me after a long exciting week. I would have been happy to walk back on my own but DH insisted he would walk me so we left when he finished his drink and G & S walked back with us. Because we were leaving at different times the next day we decided to not meet up and just use what ever time we had to do whatever we wanted. So when we got to the bridge between the 2 resorts we said our goodbyes. We headed back to the room had quick showers and into PJs. Not knowing what time Luke would be home (and knowing I would be asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow) we slid our room key under mum and dads door and sent Luke a text so he could get in.

I think they were out fairly late and grabbed a McDonalds on the way back.

And our last full day was finished and our trip was coming to an end….:sad1:

Last edited:
We weren’t up too early this morning, finished packing (I’m fairly organised and pack things away when I know we wont need them again so it didn’t take much time.) then Mum, Luke and myself loaded up the car – surprisingly it went in more easily even with all the extras!

The 3 of us then went for our last breakfast and had a look around the little gift shop before going back to pick up the other 2. We then checked out saying Au Revoir to the hotel Cheyenne. We drove to the nearest petrol station to fill up with diesel. Embarrassingly my trousers split when I got out of the car!:ssst: Luckily I had a pair of shorts near the top of my bag and it was a hot day so I got them and my flip flops out to change into. Car filled up we saw what is usually one of my favourite sights –

Today however it was tinged with sadness. We parked up and I went to the WC to change into my short and throw away my trousers then we headed to Disneyland for our last Visit. I only really had 2 things I had to do today – some last shopping (I will share some of my fave purchases with you later) and I had to get a photo just me and Carl in front of the castle – I realised a little while before this trip I haven’t got one just the 2 of us in front of any of them so that is my current mission….
1 down

Mum and dad wanted one too. I like this one –

I will have to try and remember to get a picture set up like this with future children…
This was also a good one with the horse, such a shame about the clouds this morning

We ended up with one last ride on POTC – might as well get the most out of PP+ and it was a walk on

Then headed back to main street. It was just after 11 now and we fancied some lunch. Tried a few places which were closed before we settled on Caseys corner

This is my absolute Favourite Quick Service stop at Magic Kingdom WDW. DLP version is not the same but still yummy.

I had menu 2 which was yum (I gave Luke my ice cream)

and while we were there G and S happened to have the same idea so grabbed a table next to us.
We said our goodbyes again and walked through the Liberty arcade where we found out you can go in here

We shopped our way out of the park and into the Village. Whilst we were shopping I took a few photos

The boys picked up shakes from Annettes then we headed out to the car.

See ya real soon Mickey!
We repacked the car with all our new goodies ready for our journey to Calais.
They probably wont appreciate me sharing this with you...

Looks like we wore them out :rotfl2:

Thankfully the roads were really clear and we got there in time to be put on the ferry before the one we were booked on. We had a wait of 30mins or so before we could board.

Once onboard mum dad and Luke headed up to the café and had fish and chips for their Dinner which was £10.00 a plate. Carl and I don’t like having to pay those sorts of prices for that sort of quality got a panini each and chips to share for less than £10.00 and had coffees we’d bought at starbucks. Carl picked up a new bottle of Whiskey and we had a wonder around and before long it was back to the car.
The journey home as fairly uneventful. We stopped once and made it back to our just after 10. (I didn’t realise my dad and Luke had work first thing Monday so I am glad we were able to get that ferry as the later one would have had us back at ours nearly midnight and it’s about 90 minutes from our house to theirs!)
Here's our journey in numbers:

And that was the end of the best trip we have had to Disneyland Paris!!
Still to come
  • A few of my fave purchases
  • A final round-up highs and lows.

Last edited:

So these are a few fantastic purchases I made
Firstly -

this was my first purchase and the best. It would have been better if Space Mountain were running too as we would have gotten tons more but I am sure you'll agree I got my Moneys worth. I just wish they had roaming photographers!!

At the same time I bought PP+ they had an offer on for a reduced photo album. I take a lot of photos (in case you haven't noticed) so buy an album every holiday. It's nice having them on the computer but even better to get an album out to flick through.

staying on the photography theme I also got this

And a debate has just erupted on the price so we will say somewhere between 30 - 40 Euros either way it is a beautiful frame and I am trying to choose my pictures!

Finally my fave purchase a gift from friends and Luke as I used the Euros they gave me for my birthday

They are about 45 euros - really comfortable and I love them

There were other purchases - pins, Christmas ornaments ETC but these were my fave :-)

Last edited:
I suppose it is time to wrap this up with a final review and some highs and lows (although mum and S are now having a read so they may have some things for me to add)

I will start with lows as there were so very few

· Some CMs – those who were just stood around chatting and not seemingly making any effort :rolleyes2

· That my dad was poorly on my birthday

· The whole hot dog issue at Studios :sad2:

· The very slow start at Silver Spur

· Lack of characters at Café Mickeys

· No roaming photographers

· Only doing Crush once

· Smashing Carls Whiskey :headache:

· Getting off at the wrong train station in Paris

Highs

· CMs such as Pierre on ToT who did make an effort to interact! Also loads who wished me Happy Birthday (I had been told they weren’t so forthcoming previously) :hyper2:

· The meal at Silver Spur – the service started slow but it was truly made up for and the food fantastic!

· The Meal at Blue Lagoon - Delicious

· I suppose I should mention finding the sports bar. I didn’t realise just how much we visited but as a group of adults only it was a nice place to chill out a little :drinking1

· Apart from my microwave pasta I thought the food we had was excellent both in quality and flavour

· Mum getting over a great fear of hers (heights) and going up the Eiffel Tower

· Dad loving it so much he’s ready to go back

· Spending quality time with some of the people who matter to me the most :grouphug:

· Getting our moneys worth with the PP+

· Our fantastic night time experience on Thunder Mountain

· Dreams was simply beautiful

· The weather – we had 1 or 2 cold/rainy spells but it was mostly fantastic :sunny:

· Getting all the rides done and in some instances multiple times

· Cheyenne – I didn’t have great expectations and was very happy with our choice

· Swing into Spring Décor

· Finally trying Earl of Sandwich!

· Only gaining 3lbs!!!

· Something I forgot to mention earlier but my mum and dad (mostly dad) finding it exciting driving under the runway (with a plane on it) of CDG

There are others – 99.9% of this trip was fantastic, by far the best trip we have had to DLP. It has improved from previous visits.

Will we go again? Most certainly! Writing this TR has made me want to go again for our anniversary in January next year – I am working on DH but I don’t think he’ll go for it. I would really love to sample it at least once just the 2 of us. Otherwise I am contemplating the ½ Marathon (if I get fit enough!!) Failing both of those we will definitely be going in 2017 as we have a friend who has always wanted to go with us and by then her daughter will be 5 and new born son will be 2. Plus it will be the 25th anniversary!

Would we stay at Cheyenne? Sure but I would like to try the other hotels out too. I think if we have to be mindful of costs or travelling with children this would be my first choice although we have also enjoyed Davy Crockett which has the added bonus of a pool but you do have to drive to the parks every day.

How does it compare? It’s different from the parks in the states. We are going to Disneyland California in October so I may come back and give a brief comparison. I don’t think WDW can be put in the same category. However, with the vast improvements I am prepared to say I really love Disneyland Paris now!

The drive was pleasant enough but not so much for the guys in the backseat! 2 cars or fly or Eurostar next time for sure!

I have enjoyed writing my first TR and will probably write more in the future but I will make notes next time! My next one will be for our Disney heavy trip in October/November.

Thank you everyone for reading! At writing this the TR has had over 2500 views. Please feel free to say hi! I hope some of you have found this interesting/informative and if anyone has any questions please don’t hesitate to ask. Please bear in mind, this is all based on my opinion only. I will be back if any of the others have anything they’d like me to add.

TTFN

Last edited:
Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us Shelley. :hug: I have enjoyed this immensely and am sorry it has come to an end. Look forward to reading about your DLR trip in October. :goodvibes

Thank you Anne, i have enjoyed writing it! I can now start seriously planning for October. Only 20 weeks until we're back in the magic and I can't wait to see all the 60th anniversary stuff or to be back on a Disney ship! :dance3:

Hi! Yours is the first DLP TR I have read and I think it was meant to be...we have the same birthday! Really enjoyed your TR and took me back (quite a few years) when I spent a few months working at DLP as part of a program that took WDW CM to DLP.
We will also be at DLR in Oct - can't wait to see the 60th stuff and do the Halloween party again :)

Hi! Yours is the first DLP TR I have read and I think it was meant to be...we have the same birthday! Really enjoyed your TR and took me back (quite a few years) when I spent a few months working at DLP as part of a program that took WDW CM to DLP.
Welcome and a belated Happy Birthday! and thank you. I enjoyed writing it so I am glad a couple of you enjoyed reading it.

We will also be at DLR in Oct - can't wait to see the 60th stuff and do the Halloween party again :)
We are currently decided how long we will be able to do Disney but Looks like we'll have to skip the Halloween party unfortunately but I can't wait to see it decked out for the 60th celebrations!!

Hi!
Best trip report I have read in years! I was hooked from start to finish :)
Hope you don't mind, I have a few questions! ...

• Where do you buy the photopass plus?
  • I had no luck getting Eiffel Tower tickets online so hopefully we will get lucky with not having to queue too long once there, though since we are going in August I doubt it.
  • Is the river cruise stop easy to find? I'm thinking of buying these tickets but not sure how it works. Do you buy and then you can turn up any day at any time and get on a boat?

Thanks for taking all the time to share your wonderful trip with us. I think you'd be great fun to go to DLP with!

Hi!
Best trip report I have read in years! I was hooked from start to finish :)
Hope you don't mind, I have a few questions! ...

• Where do you buy the photopass plus?
  • I had no luck getting Eiffel Tower tickets online so hopefully we will get lucky with not having to queue too long once there, though since we are going in August I doubt it.
  • Is the river cruise stop easy to find? I'm thinking of buying these tickets but not sure how it works. Do you buy and then you can turn up any day at any time and get on a boat?
Thanks for taking all the time to share your wonderful trip with us. I think you'd be great fun to go to DLP with!

Thank you so much for your kind words! I really enjoyed writing this and I am so glad people are still enjoying it! I will be writing another TR for Disneyland CA and our Disney cruise later this year so I will include a link on this TR. So anyone interested watch this space ;)

• The Photopass plus can actually bought a lot of places . We got ours at Floras Boutique (as you enter the park and are looking down Main street it is on the right corner) However, I wish I had known I could buy them in the hotel shops - the ONLY time there was a roaming photographer was when my mum and dad were on their way to meet us - they caught the bus and we walked - at Disney Village, They bumped into a photographer and bought the photos (they were nice photos) but they were about 20 but could have been included on the PP+
  • If you can I would recommend a weekday as it is a destination for long weekends and it should be quieter. It is worth queuing for I would say especially if you think this may be the only chance you get. I've been lucky enough to go up twice but I don't imagine my mum will again so it was nice to do that with her. Just a shame my dad didn't join us.
  • Yes! we booked with http://vedettesdupontneuf.com/home/ You book a date but then you can turn up for any of the trips on that date - I would recommend sunset if you can as it is just beautiful at that time. The stop is under one of the bridges relatively close to the Louvre but honestly you can walk along the seine and go to any of the boat tour companies you see and book onto the next one (or the one after if that's already full) There are a few companies. when we did it in 2012 we used Bateaux Mouches (I think)
Have a Fantasic trip and don't hesitate to ask any more questions you may have. I have a busy month ahead but will reply as soon as I can :goodvibes

I don't know how I missed this :upsidedow, fantastic trip report :thumbsup2

I love so many of the things you've mentioned - your Paris day reminded me very much of ours a few years ago, the trip up the tower is so worth it :) We all love BTM at Dreams time too - so amazing to see the fireworks, and how lucky were you to get on 3 times :cool1:

Thanks so much for posting, really enjoyed reading along and glad you all had such a lovely time :goodvibes

I don't know how I missed this :upsidedow, fantastic trip report :thumbsup2

I love so many of the things you've mentioned - your Paris day reminded me very much of ours a few years ago, the trip up the tower is so worth it :) We all love BTM at Dreams time too - so amazing to see the fireworks, and how lucky were you to get on 3 times :cool1:

Thanks so much for posting, really enjoyed reading along and glad you all had such a lovely time :goodvibes

Thank you Ms Poppins It was a great trip!!

I've just read your entire TR from start to finish! I'm away on holidays with poor 3G so it took ages for the photos to load but it was worth it! :-D

You have a lovely positive attitude and it really shone through in your report. It sounds like you really made the most of it To make your birthday celebrations so magical.

you certainly got good value from your photopass! we didn't get too many ride photos on ours but we got some fabulous ones in the princess Pavillion.

I'm so glad you enjoyed Blue Lagoon and the surf and turf! It's a big favourite of mine.

I've decided to try visit the sports bar on my trip in 3 weeks. it's an adult only trip so it should go down well. :-)

Thanks for posting! x

Thank you for reading dhidra! We had a great holiday and I really enjoyed writing this TR and am really enjoying the feedback and how much it is being enjoyed (if that makes sense) :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!