• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Celebrity siting in NYC

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
I was in NYC last week to see The Lion King. DH and I had some time before the show and we wandered around window shopping. We were walking passed BB King's and I saw Kirk Acevedo. He played Miguel Alvarez on HBO's Oz.

Isn't it fun to see someone famous on the streets of NYC? I saw Sara Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick walk past the restaurant I was eating at this weekend. Then we went to another place for dessert, and a bunch of people walked in carrying awards (I think from the Tribeca Film Festival). I don't know who they were, but Martha Stewart was wandering around the place. My husband took me out for a mothers day celebration and it made it even more memorable.

my ex has a knack for spotting the famous and "almost famous" and "used to be famous" of NYC. and he's not shy about striking up conversations with them either.

unfortunately for me, these encounters all seemed to happen when I wasn't there. but he did spot Cathy rigby in a restaurant when the dd's were with him, and the girls got to speak with her for a few minutes. they'd seen her in Peter Pan Twice by then, and they'd seen her in Seussical, and were real fans of hers. it was great for them.

I'm planning on stalking Jason Wiles next month in NYC... oh wait.. I guess stalkings don't really count as sitings, do they? ;)

Just kidding. but I am going to be seeing him and Coby Bell (both of the show Third Watch) in a show next month in Manhattan. Can't wait for that. :)

LoL Briar Rose, that is how my husband is too. I on the other hand am oblivious to spotting people. I did notice Sara Jessica, but thought it was someone that looked like her. It was my husband who spotted her and Matthew right away (and the body guard) without missing a beat. If it wasn't for a woman in the restroom that I was chatting with, I would have seen Martha, but probably wouldn't have thought any thing of it. Old eagle eyes on the other hand noticed her walk in , and pointed her out walking around.
My husband works in the entertainment industry, so he does meet alot of famous people, but he does seem to have a knack for bumping into people all over the place. I could bump into and knock someone down without realizing who they are!

In December my girlfriends and I were in NYC for our annual outing. After the show we went to dinner and in walks Barbara Walters. Our waiter said she dines there every friday as its right up the street from where 20/20 is taped. The best part was after we paid the check the waiter he told us we were much better tippers.

DH and I took the kids to Radio City and sat behind Sean Puffy Combs or whatever his name is. That same day we saw Rosie O'Donnell and family at Serendipity ( a great ice cream place)

I love celeb sightings.

I've had quite a few celebrity sitings in NYC. Here are a few of them:

A few years back, I was staying at the Hilton on 6th Ave., and they were having the GLADD awards ceremony that night. I walk into the lobby of the hotel, and flash blubs are popping. I hear people going, "Hilary, Hilary." I'm thinking, "Oh, Hilary Clinton is here." I turn, and standing about a foot away from me is Hilary Swank and her hubby Chad Lowe. It was right after she won the Oscar. I'm probably in a bunch of pictures with her. I also saw Kevin Bacon there that night.

Another trip, I was walking into a convience store on Madison Ave., and as I was about to step in the door, Nic Cage comes barrelling out of the store, almost knocks me down (and he didn't even say excuse me). He was with some blond lady, talking about cigars.

Another time, we were walking downtown, and Mike Tyson walked by us and said hello. He was with a beautiful blond woman, and he was carrying a tiny dog.

Another time, I went to see Regis and Kathie Lee, and Ed McMahon was one of the guests. There was a microphone set up right in front of my seat so Ed could announce the guests. Well, Ed McMahon walks over to me and says, "Please pardon my behind." as his butt was right at eye level for me. I just said, "That's OK, Mr. McMahon." Regis came over to me later that morning, shook my hand, and asked me what I thought of his tie. He said that Gelman picked it out for him.

Another time, I saw Jesse L. Martin from Law & Order at a play (starring Taye Diggs). I had met Jesse before when he was in "Rent", and we have a mutual friend. So, I walked by Jesse during intermission and said hello and congratulated him on landing the role in Law & Order. We chatted for a couple of minutes. I didn't want to attract attention to him, so I walked away. After the show, I was waiting for a friend of mine who was in the show to come out of the theatre, and Jesse was waiting for Taye, so I started talking to him again. I asked him if I could get a picture with him. I told him that I wanted to use the picture to make my sisters jealous because they all love him so much, and he laughed and said, "I hope it makes them really jealous." He's a doll (his success has not gone to his head--Taye Diggs is a different story).

Karen

I've met a bunch of broadway actors...(rather easy, as you can usually just wait outside the door and get their autographs).

My favorite was Adam Pascal when he was in Aida (ahhhh) and the entire cast of Rent.

......Isn't it "sightings" and not "sitings"?

I was trying to figure out what the celebrities were protesting or what it was in particular about the way celebs "sit".

I got it now.

Continue.
:jester:

(It wouldn't be so bad if everyone hadn't spelled it the same way)
:eek:

Originally posted by Evil Princess
I've met a bunch of broadway actors...(rather easy, as you can usually just wait outside the door and get their autographs).

My favorite was Adam Pascal when he was in Aida (ahhhh) and the entire cast of Rent.

Yes, Broadway actors are very accessible, and most of them are extremely sweet, and love hearing from fans. I've met tons of Broadway actors over the years (I have friends in shows, so I've met lots through them), and most of them are wonderful.

I've met Adam Pascal a couple of times, and he is a doll. Actually, the second time I met him, was the same day I met Jesse Martin. I had seen him in Aida the night before, and told him how much I enjoyed his performance, and how much I thought he improved as an actor since his "Rent" days. He asked me my name, and when I said Karen, he took my hand and said, "Thank you so much, Karen. You are sweet. I appreciate your kind words."

Now that I'm on the subject of Adam, I have a funny Adam story. I was walking under the breezeway at the Marriott Marquis, and someone bumps into me and doesn't say excuse me or anything. Well, I'm ready to turn and glare at the person, and I turn and it's Adam. I had to smile because of all people to bump into, Adam had to bump into me (we have a mutual friend and I've met Adam through him). So, Adam goes running into the Marquis, and I look, and I see these two Japanese tourists chasing after him, trying to find him in the Marquis. It was really quite funny.

One of the nicest people I've ever met at the stage door (boy, I sound like a theatre groupie, but I had a friend in that show too) at a show was Ana Gastyer. She is just so sweet. She was down to earth, and funny. She is really tiny in person.

Karen

Last Easter I told DH I was going to see a celeb in the city if it killed me. We did see Jerry Ohrbach, he was crossing the street on the other side and he left the crosswalk and cut around the bus stand so he wouldn't have to pass us. Nobody else was around, he was walking fast with his head down. I told DH who didn't believe me (never does when I see a celeb) but the next group of people to walk by all turned around and pointed.

Oh, I have another story. I saw Ethan Hawke in a play in New York a couple of years ago, and after the show, my friends and I were standing in front of the theatre gabbing, and Ethan came out. So, we go over, get autographs and a picture. Ethan's one of my favorite actors, so I was very excited to meet him. So after chatting with him for a few minutes, my friends and I start walking down 42nd Street. I pick up my cell phone, and call my friend Abbi to tell her meeting Ethan. I'm rambling on and on about how nice he was, and joking that he touched my butt when he put his arm around me. I turn and look behind me, and who is walking behind us but Ethan! I hope he wasn't close enough to hear me talking.

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter