Cell phone service & wifi

Pamela M

DIS Veteran
i’m wondering how cell service is in the parks. Is there WiFi? If so is it good with using?

I know inf DL the wifi is awful so I turn off my WiFi.

I believe it's AT&T. They are my carrier and I rarely have issues. Others may experience problems but I never do.

I currently have Verizon as my carrier. I have great service, but do find that the Disney Mobile App eats up my battery life quickly. To try an extend the battery life, I put the phone in Battery Save mode and close all Apps that I am not using and always bring an external charger.

My company recently informed me that they are switching my carrier to AT&T...so I am hopeful that since the cell towers in the area are AT&T, my battery won't drain as quickly.

I also have Verizon and never seem to have a problem!

MDE does eat your battery though for sure!

I have Verizon and my phone works well. (Sometimes the Disney Wifi isn't the best, but most of the time it works. If not, my 4G is fine.)

MDE does eat battery but I have an external power bank that I can charge my phone about 4 times on, so it's not a big deal.

WiFi works well enough and our Verizon cell phones don’t have any issues but MDE eats your battery life so be sure to have a charging brick/fuel rod type option if you use your phone frequently

Thanks. I’m not worried about my battery- I have a battery case I use for Disney trips, festivals etc

We’re international visitors so we rely on Disney’s wifi.

We’ve never had any issues at our resort (Pop) but in the parks it is rather slow and drops out completely in certain places like in the queue for SpaceM or during the inside portion of the Peoplemover which is to be expected but still annoying when we’re trying to line up an additional FP or check for day of ADRs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!