Central Europe: Austria, Germany & Czech Rep. Meets Thread

Thanks! I'm doing the Danube River cruise, and then the Prague add-on, but it spends just about the same amount of time in Prague as the regular ABD does. And it seems at least one extra day is really called for!

Sayhello

I agree! Totally worth it - if I had depended on ABD for the only knowledge of the area (their day tour), I would have been totally confused - guide wasn't great (though it was a different one they normally used I was told). Prague has a rich political and religious history and the naked tour will tell it to you in a story like fashion that will make sense as opposed to, "this is this building, this is that building" with no context.

SayHello,

I am thinking the same thing. I think we may add an extra day in Prague after the post-days. However, we've decided to stop in London before Budapest so I am not sure we'll be able to swing all that time off. I am interested to hear what you and the others decide on Prague.

SayHello,

I am thinking the same thing. I think we may add an extra day in Prague after the post-days. However, we've decided to stop in London before Budapest so I am not sure we'll be able to swing all that time off. I am interested to hear what you and the others decide on Prague.
I'm not doing pre-days (except the free pre-night in Budapest) so I can swing a post day (but only one. It's pushing it.) I'm pretty sure I'm doing the extra Prague post-night. I priced it through ABD, and it's not that much more than I could book it myself, especially when you include breakfast and transfers.

Sayhello

Taxi fare to the airport ran us about $20.00. It is about 20 minutes. Easy-peasy. Food is not expensive too. I agree the night tour of Prague is wonderful. We also toured the castle along with a boat ride on the river. The more I read about all the members traveling to Prague the more I want to return.

Food in Prague is CHEAP compared to any where else in Europe, or NYC area! ;-). As long as you can get past the sticker shock of seeing 2000 kr ! Lol. We ate and drank at some lovely spots. Our favorite was the hotel u prince, on the rooftop. Cafe Mozart was so pretty, too!

We spent two extra nights in Prague before the ABD start. Best decision ever!! Loved the city so much!

Thanks for that info. I am glad pricing is competitive. I am going to wait on airfare and see what I can get and then decide if I'll book the extra night.

@Jitzy & @smile750, if I'm adding on one extra day in Prague, would I be able to fit in all 3 tours? Would you recommend trying to do all 3? Or just the Explore Prague Historical Tour and the Prague Castle at Night tour?

Thanks,
Sayhello
We did all three tours, Early Morning, Naziism and Communism and Prague Castle Night Tour in one day. The first two tours ran together until about 2:00 and then we went back to the hotel to rest before the night tour. (Eat before the night tour if possible. The restaurants we wanted to visit after the tour had closed their kitchens by 10:00.) We were beat at the end of the day and we live in Europe, so keep that in mind if you have issues with jet lag. Although, with all of the awesome tours you've taken, you're an expert by now. :) :) Tell them that the navy people from Greece say hi!

I'm so excited for you!!!!

SayHello,

Not knowing if you have time in Budapest, there's an awesome company called "Taste Hungary" that does food tours. It's pricey, but we had so much fun and the food there is great. We couldn't have found these places or known of them without this tour!

We did all three tours, Early Morning, Naziism and Communism and Prague Castle Night Tour in one day. The first two tours ran together until about 2:00 and then we went back to the hotel to rest before the night tour. (Eat before the night tour if possible. The restaurants we wanted to visit after the tour had closed their kitchens by 10:00.) We were beat at the end of the day and we live in Europe, so keep that in mind if you have issues with jet lag. Although, with all of the awesome tours you've taken, you're an expert by now. :) :) Tell them that the navy people from Greece say hi!

I'm so excited for you!!!!
I'm doing the Danube Cruise, not the Central Europe ABD, but there's a huge amount of overlap between the two. Since I'm doing Prague *after* the cruise, jet lag is not an issue. Just whether or not I'd have enough energy left to do all 3 tours! :)

Not knowing if you have time in Budapest, there's an awesome company called "Taste Hungary" that does food tours. It's pricey, but we had so much fun and the food there is great. We couldn't have found these places or known of them without this tour!
I'll look into that. I generally don't plan tours for my arrival date, but I'll have the day the cruise starts in Budapest, and maybe some free time during the cruise. I'll see if the times work. Thanks for the recommendation!

Sayhello

My wife and I are booked on the DVC member Danube cruise July 7-14, 2016 with the post-cruise stay in Prague. Anyone else on this cruise?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!