Central Park “Karen”

Well, anybody can file a lawsuit. Maybe she’s hoping her nuisance value will persuade her former company to offer a settlement. But the story says the company feels justified in firing her and will defend itself. Let’s hope so.
I think it's more about getting her name back in the news for the bigot bucks martyr tour speaking engagements.
"Amy Cooper. The real victim of racism...." 😭 boo hoo poor lil ole me.

Last edited:
If you haven't been following this case, there was video. And if she was fired, it was based on the video. The guy who she called the police on was more snarky than anything else. She was agitated, but once she was on with the 911 operator, her voice completely changed as if she was specifically fearful of being under attack, and she emphasized that it was "an African-American man".
No, I haven't, but I was speaking in general.

OT from the main thread content, but I agree. Not my name, but have several friends named Karen and I cringe now every time I hear it. Seems kind of sexist, being that there’s no comparable male name that I know of with this particular negative connotation. And besides, Karen was extremely popular during the baby boom, in the 1950’s and 60’s, while the woman being discussed here is clearly at least a generation younger (likely a millennial). So it’s ageist too. :worried:
I haven't read all the comments yet, so forgive me if this has been said. But Chad seems to the the male equivalent. At least for ppl younger than me. You know, the white, preppy, pretty boy who always feels the need to mansplain things to women. The guy who always thinks about himself but never about his partner in certain, um, activities. Entitled etc.

Anybody who watches the video will clearly see that this woman is a nutball and the company fired her because she's not somebody they want working for them. And they are 100% in their rights to do so. I'm sure she signed an agreement when she took the job that said they can fire her for any reason or no reason. There is NO way to claim racial discrimination on this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter