CG Brunch and Ohana Dinner same day

alltwelve

Mouseketeer
I have brunch booked for my party of 2 at California Grill for 11:40am for our upcoming trip, using the DxDP. I originally planned on having that as the big meal for the day (using 2 meal credits) and maybe just using a snack for dinner, but while looking on the WDW website the other day, I was able to snag a dinner reservation at 'Ohana for the same night! I love 'Ohana (I know there's some haters on here) and the meal credits work out perfectly because it takes only 1 meal credit, but the dinner is kinda early- it's at 5:40pm. I've been checking the website periodically, trying for a later time for 'Ohana, but no luck so far.
What do you guys think: should I just keep the 5:40pm 'Ohana and just "strap on the feed bag" so to speak, or should I keep shooting for a later time? I thought about using Touring Plans, but I'm wondering if the CG brunch and 'Ohana dinner are just too much food no matter how far apart the meals are. We're two adult males, and we went on the Disney cruise in February, managing to do an 11am brunch at Palo and then dinner that same night in the MDR, and we handled it fine. The only thing was we were at the second dinner seating, so the meals were much more spread out.

Those of you who have been to the CG brunch- were you able to have dinner later that night, and if so, was it early? And did you survive? :cool2:

I think your biggest issue is definitely the small amount of time between the 2 meals. We go to 'Ohana every trip and always love it, but feel absolutely stuffed (and slightly ashamed :rotfl2:) when we're done. For this upcoming trip we are doing both the brunch and 'Ohana and I've been reading a lot of reviews about the offerings at the brunch. There are so many delicious things we are going to want to try that I anticipate feeling 'Ohana stuffed' times 10 on that day. We are lucky to have them on different days however, and you couldn't pay me to try them both on one day. I like to feel hungry when I go into an AYCTE meal, not repulsed by more food!
Of course no one can tell you whether you can do it, or whether it will be worth it for you but I would definitely employ the Touringplans finder to help you score an 'Ohana ADR for another day. The ADR changes that occur in the week and definitely in the day before your meals are astonishing and I think your chances are good.

I think your biggest issue is definitely the small amount of time between the 2 meals. We go to 'Ohana every trip and always love it, but feel absolutely stuffed (and slightly ashamed :rotfl2:) when we're done. For this upcoming trip we are doing both the brunch and 'Ohana and I've been reading a lot of reviews about the offerings at the brunch. There are so many delicious things we are going to want to try that I anticipate feeling 'Ohana stuffed' times 10 on that day. We are lucky to have them on different days however, and you couldn't pay me to try them both on one day. I like to feel hungry when I go into an AYCTE meal, not repulsed by more food!
Of course no one can tell you whether you can do it, or whether it will be worth it for you but I would definitely employ the Touringplans finder to help you score an 'Ohana ADR for another day. The ADR changes that occur in the week and definitely in the day before your meals are astonishing and I think your chances are good.

I think you're right: Touringplans will be the way to go- since its Christmas Eve that this is all taking place, maybe they'll be a really late seating at 'Ohana that day that comes up as available. I even thought about arriving at the brunch early to take our chances on getting sat early. I figure that would be better than arriving at 'Ohana extremely late- I'm pretty sure we would get shut out at that point!

One thing is certain: absolutely NO snack credits will be used on that day!!!! :rotfl2:

someone else with the same issue I had. Unfortunately we ended up dropping the brunch So we are just doing Ohana that afternoon.

someone else with the same issue I had. Unfortunately we ended up dropping the brunch So we are just doing Ohana that afterno

I thought about trying to show up at the brunch really early, but I'm just gonna cross my fingers that a later Ohana dinner shows up.

I thought about trying to show up at the brunch really early, but I'm just gonna cross my fingers that a later Ohana dinner shows up.
Best of luck to you. I was going to tell my mom not to cancel the brunch and they could do the dinner while I did the brunch. Unfortunately she was quick on the draw with it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!