Champagne Tasting?

BalooHoo

Mouseketeer
We booked the champagne tasting for the afternoon of embarkation day on the Magic. Looking at our reservation on the DCL website, it says this: "Savor some of the best bubbly from Europe and beyond, with a crash course in creating amazing Champagne cocktails." Now I'm wondering if this will be champagne or champagne cocktails or both. Would anyone share their experience? What was provided? Worth doing? Was it an issue having it in the afternoon on embarkation day? Thanks!

I have my first champagne tasting booked for April and I didn’t even notice that it mentioned cocktails, so I’m curious about this as well. I assumed it was just straight champagne but I would love if it included champagne cocktails too. Thanks for asking this question!

In October (Dream) we had 3 different glasses of champagne and 1 champagne cocktail. I’m sorry I can’t remember what was in the cocktail. We also had a few slices of fruit with the different glasses. Mine was not on embarkation day, but my only advise is to pace yourself based on what you normally consume. Someone at our table didn’t want 2 of their glasses and 6 glasses of champagne in less than an hour wan fun but also led to nap time. I probably would have found muster drill a lot more fun though.

We booked the champagne tasting for the afternoon of embarkation day on the Magic. Looking at our reservation on the DCL website, it says this: "Savor some of the best bubbly from Europe and beyond, with a crash course in creating amazing Champagne cocktails." Now I'm wondering if this will be champagne or champagne cocktails or both. Would anyone share their experience? What was provided? Worth doing? Was it an issue having it in the afternoon on embarkation day? Thanks!

Cool. I think you'll enjoy it a lot.
It's my favorite testing onboard and always take it on embarkation day to celebrate our being there and thank the Cosmos for giving us the chance to sail again.
They give you 4-5 champagne glasses. One of them being a mimosa, which I think qualifies as a cocktail?
You get a nice 'tune-up' that gets you in an extra happy mood for the days ahead.
Have fun in your cruise!

I think it was champagne and cocktails, it's been a while. My fave is the liquor and chocolate one.

My DH and I just did the Champagne Tasting on the Fantasy. It was amazingly good. Lots of great information with a wonderful Sommelier from Palo. He was terrific. We really enjoyed learning and, of course, tasting. I believe it was 3 Champagnes and a cocktail. Great fun.

We did one on the Magic in January, and got to taste 5 champagnes only, no cocktail. We really enjoyed it.

For our champagne tasting on the Fantasy in August 2018 these are the 5 that we got.

Attachments

• 9C6A24F4-54BD-4FE9-B700-B766C9EF73F3.jpeg
    9C6A24F4-54BD-4FE9-B700-B766C9EF73F3.jpeg
    550.7 KB · Views: 75
Thanks to everyone for the helpful information. I was wavering a bit before seeing the responses, but we'll definitely do this. For those of you who did it in the afternoon on embarkation day, where was it held? We'll be on the Magic, if that matters.

Thanks to everyone for the helpful information. I was wavering a bit before seeing the responses, but we'll definitely do this. For those of you who did it in the afternoon on embarkation day, where was it held? We'll be on the Magic, if that matters.
On the Magic, wine tasting and champagne tasting that I attended were in Keys, the piano bar. This was last May on the EBTA.

I booked on the Wonder and it was $38. I decided to cancel. That is a bit steep for standard run of the mill champagne.

We did the Champagne tasting on the Wonder on Tracy Arm day, seated next to a window, It was lovely!!! IIRC, the cocktail was a mimosa

Doing champagne tasting on the WBPC cruise on the Wonder sailing tomorrow. $38 for that one. Beer tasting is $23.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter