Chances of extended hours?

SkiTeton

Earning My Ears
WDW has extended some hours in October at MK. Has Universal ever done this at their parks? (Non-HHN days @ USF; any day @ IOA)

Sometime in August Universal did extend their hours for my trip I just got back from (Sep 8th-18th, the 15th started HHN). Unfortunately for me the more advantageous days they extended (based on my days set with WDW park days) they were closed by the hurricane so we were unable to utilize them.

It's possible but I wouldn't necessarily get your hopes up.

WDW has extended some hours in October at MK. Has Universal ever done this at their parks? (Non-HHN days @ USF; any day @ IOA)

Nope. Universal's hours are pretty much set in stone. Outside of special events like HHN, I don't think either park is open past 10 at any point during the year, and that's only at the height of summer.

Perhaps they're limited by being much closer to residential areas than WDW? Whatever the reason, you're not going to get extended hours like you do at Disney.

Nope. Universal's hours are pretty much set in stone. Outside of special events like HHN, I don't think either park is open past 10 at any point during the year, and that's only at the height of summer.

Perhaps they're limited by being much closer to residential areas than WDW? Whatever the reason, you're not going to get extended hours like you do at Disney.
Well clearly the hours aren't set in stone as they changed for me with less than a month's time before my trip.

I wouldn't count on the hours being changed by any means but it can and has happened.

Now as far as park closing time yes they do close earlier than WDW does and I believe a lot does have to do with residential aspect. The latest it was opened during my trip for Studios was 9pm and for IOA was 8pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter