Chances of free dining in December....

suzquig

Mouseketeer
Planning a trip for December to celebrate our oldest daughters college grad! Originally we were going to go between Xmas and NY but in an effort to see a “slight” reduction in crowds 😬 planning for the 18-23. I researched historical discounts and for the past few years free dining has been offered up until December 23( or a few days before) but again historically it has already been released.... has anyone “heard” any rumors if history will repeat or no such luck with the opening of Star Wars? I know I can book now and attempt to add on later- just curious if we could potentially benefit.
Thanks all!!!

I just started looking at when to take our next trip and it seems many think there won't be discounts like that this next year because of Star Wars. Although the same people say they want to be pleasantly surprised if something comes up instead of being disappointed.

It appears as if they've already released free dining for this year. Of course, there's always a chance, but I would be shocked if they release free dining for December.

The only thing I've heard is that this fall (October to December) is booked pretty solidly. I'm not sure they need to entice people with special offers like FD.

It appears as if they've already released free dining for this year. Of course, there's always a chance, but I would be shocked if they release free dining for December.

The only thing I've heard is that this fall (October to December) is booked pretty solidly. I'm not sure they need to entice people with special offers like FD.

The FD announcement in early January took people by surprise, so it made sense that December dates were not included that early. They used to release December FD in the summer years ago. Maybe they’ll do it again.

I’ve been pricing out a December trip. I’m really suprised at the availability I see at all resort levels when I plug in different dates. I’m not sure if FD will be offered, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was.

The FD announcement in early January took people by surprise, so it made sense that December dates were not included that early. They used to release December FD in the summer years ago. Maybe they’ll do it again.

I’ve been pricing out a December trip. I’m really suprised at the availability I see at all resort levels when I plug in different dates. I’m not sure if FD will be offered, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was.
Remind me (it’s been a couple of trips back when we actually traveled during free dining).... if I go ahead and book my room (I want to book ADR’s due to crowds so will be booking our rooms by the 180 day mark..) and FD is in fact offered at some point and our dates fall within the range- can I add it (realizing I may have to act the day it’s released due to availability) at that point?

I just booked a November trip I am not hoping for free dining it would be nice since we have the dining plan I am just hoping on some type of resort discount so I can upgrade resorts

Remind me (it’s been a couple of trips back when we actually traveled during free dining).... if I go ahead and book my room (I want to book ADR’s due to crowds so will be booking our rooms by the 180 day mark..) and FD is in fact offered at some point and our dates fall within the range- can I add it (realizing I may have to act the day it’s released due to availability) at that point?

You can sometimes modify it online and add in the FD special offer that way, but you may need to change your room category or resort if there is no availability under the FD promotion.

If you don’t have a modify button online or you can’t modify for whatever reason, I’d recommend making a new reservation online with FD. Don’t wait to call in. You can then cancel your other reservation.

They did include dates in December for the free dining bounceback last year, so I guess anything is possible! I'll be interested to see how it goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter