Chances of staying at Bcv or Blt

DisneyQueen1320

DIS Veteran
I'm starting to think about my next vacation. I would like to take my kids to Disney next summer and stay at BLT or BCV. I'm thinking of staying from Aug 14 to 22. Do I have a chance of getting a reservation at the 7 month mark? It would be great to stay at either one.

Thanks, :goodvibes

I'm starting to think about my next vacation. I would like to take my kids to Disney next summer and stay at BLT or BCV. I'm thinking of staying from Aug 14 to 22. Do I have a chance of getting a reservation at the 7 month mark? It would be great to stay at either one.

Thanks, :goodvibes

I think it's possible...good luck!

You should easily be able to get BLT lake view and a decent chance at BCV. Important is to make the reservation exactly 7 months. Delaying a a couple days or more can often result in not getting anything.

Thanks, I will book online at the 7 month mark:cool1:

I might try for BLT, I would love to walk to MK.

I'm a little sad I'm not going this summer, but I'll just look at pictures :thumbsup2

I have gotten BCV in the summer at the 7 month mark and I agree, a LV room at BLT should be available as well. Good luck!!

I got BCV for that week this year at 7 months. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We usually vacation at the end of August and have always got BLT at the 7 month mark with no wait list. Two years ago we even got it at the 4 month mark. You should be fine.

I'll plan on staying at BLT this time. We plan on spending a lot of time in MK.

I hope GFV are open by then, it would be great to see how it looks.

We normally stay at AKV, it's a beautiful resort, but it's so far from everything. We didn't have a car last summer and the bus took forever. We like taking the Magical Express, but if we stay there again, we will have no choice but to get a rental car.

Thanks everyone :)

I think it partly depends on what type of room you want. I booked a studio at the 7 mth mark for 8/17-8/23 and had to do a split stay. We have VWL for the first half and AKV Jambo for the second half. Both are new to us, so it'll be fun. We've stayed at Kidani before, but not Jambo.

I was just thinking does it rain a lot towards the middle of Aug? We stayed last year during the first of Aug. It rained heavy off and on, but it was manageable. Should I wait and book in Oct based on the weather? It would also cost less points, but would I chance of staying at BLT during the 7 month mark?

One less question, my kids are switching schools and I worry about pulling them out for a week. I did it before, but I only had one child in school. The teacher was very nice about it. Now having two in school, I'm worried this may be frowned upon. How do you handle this?

The old pulling kids out of school debate. I remember a thread on this that had hundreds of messages and became a flame war. Too funny. Fwiw we never pulled our kids out of school

I think we went in Oct and yes the weather was beautiful, but I hated taking those school books on the plane. I felt so bad about that my son had to wake up and do homework. I just sometimes worry about the weather. I guess I'm second guessing myself. I think I'll stick with my plan of going in Aug. Plus there's something special about summer vacations at Disney. I love the water parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter