Change 60 day fastpass reservations to different day??

mikeishere

Mouseketeer
As I’m solo and might wake up and decide to do a different park than had planned and do what I wanna do when I wanna do it can I amended my 60 day Fastpass+ reservations on the day and maybe move my fastpass reservations for that day to say the next day or the day after or are you stuck with your fastpass+ reservations you booked? Are they flexible I guess I’m saying?

If you normally book fastpasses for the most popular attractions you are unlikely to get them at short notice if you change your plans (AK - FOP, MK - 7DMT, PP, HS - TSMM and new Galaxy's Edge attractions). Alternatively you could go during EMH or go at rope drop, or queue for a long time if you don't mind.

It's hard to be spontaneous at Disney, sadly.

I am planning my very first (sort of) solo trip in 2021. I am going 5 days earlier than everyone else because I have ALWAYS wanted to try solo. I can eat whenever/whereever I want, do anything I want, and not do stuff I don't (but the others want to do). I am not going to book too many ADR's to keep the freedom and flexibility of being solo - I may just eat lots of snacks, or QS or TS, who knows. It's so exciting :D

However, the only thing that won't be spontaneous is the park I go to each day. I will have all my fastpasses booked at the 60 day window so I can make the most of each park i.e. less time in line.

I would argue that you can be spontaneous, with the caveat that you might not be able to get FP+ for specific rides. You can change your FP+ at any time in the WDW app, and I'm among those who have had great success scoring good FP+ on the day I'm there. Going solo gives you a particular advantage at that, too, since it's easier to find last minute FP+ for just one person.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but once you've used the three FP+ you reserved ahead of time you can make more FP+ reservations for that same day in the app. You can also adjust your existing FP+ reservations on the fly. You might see people on this board talking about "the refresh method"--what they mean is that you go into the FP+ menu in the app and just click back and forth between different time slots to refresh/reload the options until the FP+ you want pops up. Then you reserve it, even if it's for much later in the day than you want, since it's faster to refresh the "modify FP+" menu than to keep trying to book a new one from scratch. Just refresh the app until you either get what you want or decide you're sick of trying. It works surprisingly well; I was able to get somewhere around a dozen FP+ in one day, including several headliners.

That being said, if you have already reserved a FP+ for a highly sought after ride (Flight of Passage, Slinky Dog Dash, 7 Dwarves Mine Train, etc.) and you have your heart set on riding that ride and being able to use a FP+ for it, it's better to keep what you've got. There's no guarantee you'll be able to get a FP+ for those high-demand rides day-of. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, etc., etc.

I would argue that you can be spontaneous, with the caveat that you might not be able to get FP+ for specific rides. You can change your FP+ at any time in the WDW app, and I'm among those who have had great success scoring good FP+ on the day I'm there. Going solo gives you a particular advantage at that, too, since it's easier to find last minute FP+ for just one person.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but once you've used the three FP+ you reserved ahead of time you can make more FP+ reservations for that same day in the app. You can also adjust your existing FP+ reservations on the fly. You might see people on this board talking about "the refresh method"--what they mean is that you go into the FP+ menu in the app and just click back and forth between different time slots to refresh/reload the options until the FP+ you want pops up. Then you reserve it, even if it's for much later in the day than you want, since it's faster to refresh the "modify FP+" menu than to keep trying to book a new one from scratch. Just refresh the app until you either get what you want or decide you're sick of trying. It works surprisingly well; I was able to get somewhere around a dozen FP+ in one day, including several headliners.

That being said, if you have already reserved a FP+ for a highly sought after ride (Flight of Passage, Slinky Dog Dash, 7 Dwarves Mine Train, etc.) and you have your heart set on riding that ride and being able to use a FP+ for it, it's better to keep what you've got. There's no guarantee you'll be able to get a FP+ for those high-demand rides day-of. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, etc., etc.
Thanks for advice :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!