• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Change in Disney Seasons?

swclark

Mouseketeer
I think I am losing my mind and want to confirm the info I am seeing. Historically, hasn't the time after president's week and before spring break time comes in mid-March been either Regular or Value season for Disney? We have travelled in Feb in the past (the week after president's week) and I'm positive we never paid peak rates before (can't remember if it was reg or value though). Now all the websites are saying it is peak from President's week in Feb until Easter week (4/26). Did anyone travelling this past Feb get any discounts or did the seasons change in rates??

Was this a new change in 2003? Does anyone have any info on why the change was made? Help! We are planning a big family trip and picked Feb because it was always low crowds and lower rates...oops !

According to most info I have seen in the past, this has always been a busy time. If you are choosing Feb, then I would go the first of Feb, that should be value season.

This has always been the case for that time period. Maybe in the past you have received a good discount?

Did anyone travelling this past Feb get any discounts or did the seasons change in rates??
We always go President's week or the week after, and it's always been Peak Season. Value Season usually ends mid-February (right before President's week). We were just there 2/23-3/3 and paid 119.00 at POR with a code. ~:D~

I just took a quick look at rates the last few year's and Value Season ends mid-February (2/12, 2/14 etc.) so that probably is determined by when President's Day falls. From then on it's Peak Season.

We did not get a discount on first three nights but they threw in the fourth night of our woods view at $150 per night when we requested to stay an extra night.

Thanks
Jason

our woods view at $150 per night
Wow, you really lucked out! That's Peak Season, your rate should have been 299.00. AP's were getting 214.00 and Florida Residents were paying 179.00 for a standard view! ~:D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter