Change in park hours - does that mean more FP availability?

Hali55DIS

Earning My Ears
April hours for MK were just extended for our trip dates, including a change from 9 am to 8 am open. Typically, will additional FP will be made available for that extra hour?

With the 8am open (we definitely plan to RD), hoping we can move up our 12:45 SDMT FP so we can leave the park for a break by noon...

ETA: when I checked around 6pm tonight there were no FP for 8-9 am on April 14th (9:00 am was the earliest time slot I could select that day), and when I checked again at 10:00 pm tonight, now I can select 8 am , but only IASW and Buzz lightyear are showing FP availability?

April hours for MK were just extended for our trip dates, including a change from 9 am to 8 am open. Typically, will additional FP will be made available for that extra hour?

With the 8am open (we definitely plan to RD), hoping we can move up our 12:45 SDMT FP so we can leave the park for a break by noon...

Yep - they’ll add FPs for those new hours. Hard to say exactly when, but it’ll happen over the next few(ish) days. Keep checking.

Good luck!

Yep - they’ll add FPs for those new hours. Hard to say exactly when, but it’ll happen over the next few(ish) days. Keep checking.

Good luck!
Yikes, I almost wish the answer was no... now I will be obsessively checking until they are added! As well as redoing our entire TP for that day, as apparently the other FP we have won't be that useful with 8 am start (i.e. we can do those rides between 8-9 am with little wait according to re-optimized TP...)

Last edited:
Yikes, I almost wish the answer was no... now I will be obsessively checking until they are added! As well as redoing our entire TP for that day, as apparently the other FP we have won't be that useful with 8 am start (i.e. we can do those rides between 8-9 am with little wait according to re-optimized TP...)
Keep checking! I constantly checked for our fop FP because ak changed their hours from 9 to 8 and I got one!

SDMT 8-9 am fastpasses available this morning for April 14th! Checked obsessively yesterday and they just popped up this morning!

Was able to move our 12:45 FP to 8:30am which will work so much better for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter