Changed $25 for third "adult" and another $25 for cot?

WhitneyMB

Mouseketeer
Quick budgeting question as I get ready to book my hotel --

One of my sons is over 18, so I understand that I will be changed a $25 fee for a third adult. If we request a cot for younger son (so the two of them don't have to sleep together), do I have to pay another $25 fee--that is $50 over what it is normally charged for two adults plus kids? Or do they usually waive the cot fee if they see we are already paying the extra adult fee?

It's the four of us--me, hubby and two sons, and we're trying to decide between RPR and PBH, if that matters.

Thanks!

Both times we needed a cot, once at PBR and once at HRH, the front desk waived t hge fee because we were Loews You first members. It's free to join so you might get lucky with that. We did pay extra for our 20 year old.

Both times we needed a cot, once at PBR and once at HRH, the front desk waived the fee because we were Loews You first members. It's free to join so you might get lucky with that.

We will definitely join. Thanks for the suggestion!

I was going to call a week before we check in and ask to have the request for the cot added to our reservation (our trip is still several months out), as I've heard that they sometimes run out? Any thoughts on if this is helpful or would make it more or less likely for us to be charged the second $25 fee? Thanks

There is a separate charge for both the extra adult and the cot. The extra adult charge always annoys me. They don't reduce the room cost when there is only one adult.

Have you thought about doing a deluxe room at HRH? It has two queens and a pullout.

If you hotel stay is for a couple of nights. Would one of your kids sleep on a pallet made up on the floor?

Star service button on the phone is well marked

They will provide you with linens and all items to make a pallet on the floor so you don't have to rent the rollaway

You could buy a cheap air mattress and pack it in your luggage to make a better pallet for a make shift bed

You can get a self inflating twin air mattress for under $30 @ WM or Amazon. Might be worth it for stay of 2 days or longer, especially if you can repurpose it/have room in your luggage.

Re the $25 extra person fee for more than 2 adults in a room that sleeps 3 or 4 people, most resorts/hotels follow suit in Orlando & other tourist heavy areas. It is what it is.:confused3just need to factor it into the total cost of the room.

Just another thought to pass on... the cost are very comfortable. My daughter claims they are more comfortable than her bed at home and she's a 6 foot tall teenager. It's a high quality mattress not a thing roll away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!