Changed BB plans, more $ now?

petunia

DIS Veteran
I booked BB when in wdw last summer, for this August. Had 2 people, 1 adult and 1 "kid" (14) in the room, as we werent sure if the 2 others in the family could come. Found out they can, so I called to add them today, it was added fine, but I felt the price was much higher.

On the wdw site I had calculated $4760 for August 14-23 2020 at Pop with 4 day plus hopper and option upgraded to ddp with the bounceback..

After adding the 2 people today the total was $5186, not sure where the discrepancy is? Would base prices have changed?

I would double check the details of your package. Make sure the CM didn’t change your room category or the number of days on your tickets.

Oh, I wasnt aware of an extra fee if the extra people were adults? We have 2 rooms at Pop, 7 "adults" total (two are 12 & 14). Is there a better way to configure in the rooms for booking purposes?

You are allowed two adults(18+) per reservation for "free". Any more than that, there is a fee per person per night, I believe it is something like $15 a night per person. Your 12 and 14 year old do not count as adults in this scenario.

Ok, so any way I slice it room wise we would have to pay a "3rd" adult. That may very well be where some of the difference is, but I dont think its over $400, I guess it could also just be rise in tickets?

Yeah, something similar happened to my prices too.

I have a free food package booked for August, 2 adults with our son. It came out to $4700. The next day I realized he'll turn 18 before this trip so I changed his age. BAM- The price went to $5150. Turning him into an adult cost an extra $450 over 7 nights? I was very curious myself.

I expected maybe around $100 for the 'third' adult fee, not $450. Nothing else was changed to my package. No prices had been increased at WDW within that 24 hours. What the heck are they charging for?!

If you booked under the "free dining" bounce back offer and you added,an additional adult or two. Then changed free dining (quick service) to regular dining plan. There is an additional $23-25 per adult, per night on dining plan. (Disney adult prices start at age 10+ for dining plan, and there is additional cost going from a child ticket (3-9) to an adult (10+). Then add the additional fee per adult (age 18+) to room rate.

If you booked under the "free dining" bounce back offer and you added,an additional adult or two. Then changed free dining (quick service) to regular dining plan. There is an additional $23-25 per adult, per night on dining plan. (Disney adult prices start at age 10+ for dining plan, and there is additional cost going from a child ticket (3-9) to an adult (10+). Then add the additional fee per adult (age 18+) to room rate.
If I understood the original post correctly...

[On the wdw site I had calculated $4760 for August 14-23 2020 at Pop with 4 day plus hopper and option upgraded to ddp with the bounceback.
After adding the 2 people today the total was $5186, not sure where the discrepancy is? Would base prices have changed?]

they already calculated adding the hopper tickets and the extra to upgrade to DDP for all 4 guests.

I find it odd the same thing happened with our prices, a mysterious $450 was tacked on (way beyond the cost of changing a child to adult). The only change made to our reservation was changing my son's age from 17 to 18, and the change was made only one day after the original reservation. Something weird is going on?

And afterward I checked a couple different resorts for package prices on the Free Food offer, the same huge price difference would appear if I changed my son's age.

Making any modifications to a reservation will bring up your package to the current resort and ticket rates. But, CMs have been known for automatically upcharging you to a higher category room, adding insurance, etc., (we've been hearing a lot about this in the Bounceback thread!) so it's wise to double-check the figure.

1. Go to the WDW site. Enter:
  • Your exact dates (August 14-23 2020)
  • Your hotel (Pop)
  • Your room category
  • # of adults and # of children and their ages (this is *really* important because the first two adults are "included," but there is a nightly fee for each adult 18+ after the first 2)
  • Select the 4-day PH+

2. Then add $23 per night for each person on the reservation 10+ and $4.5 for each child 3-9 per night, which is the cost of upgrading from QS to DDP.

How much is that? - That's what they should have quoted you. If it's higher, call back.

FYI, extra adult fees per extra adult per night are:
Values - $15
Moderates = $25
Deluxe - $35
They will be included when you enter your adults. children and ages.

Last edited:
So I double checked and it is the same standard category, no insurance noted that I can see, all details the same. The only think I didnt account for was the extra adult fee. As per the calculations on current fees with the $23 upgrade it is correct, $5186..maybe the difference from 4760 was the adult fee and increase in tix from last year, still seems like a lot though?

So I double checked and it is the same standard category, no insurance noted that I can see, all details the same. The only think I didnt account for was the extra adult fee. As per the calculations on current fees with the $23 upgrade it is correct, $5186..maybe the difference from 4760 was the adult fee and increase in tix from last year, still seems like a lot though?
Yeah, something is definitely going on there. While comparing different resort packages during Free Food the same $450 charge kept showing up when I changed my son's age from 17 to 18. That offer ended a couple days ago... wish I took some screen shots.

Is it a standard room at Pop? And what are the ages of everyone on the reservation? I can help you calculate it with the current hotel and ticket prices just to make sure.

Is it a standard room at Pop? And what are the ages of everyone on the reservation? I can help you calculate it with the current hotel and ticket prices just to make sure.
Ages in that room are 3 18+ and one 14 yo. The price is "right" based on current prices, but when I booked in August I calculated (as I was checking both scenarios) and it was coming up as 4760 when adding the 2 adults, which is now coming up as $5186..only thing it may be is increased tix and room rate? Lesson learned, book all the people then remove if needed..

Ages in that room are 3 18+ and one 14 yo. The price is "right" based on current prices, but when I booked in August I calculated (as I was checking both scenarios) and it was coming up as 4760 when adding the 2 adults, which is now coming up as $5186..only thing it may be is increased tix and room rate? Lesson learned, book all the people then remove if needed..
Any changes or modifications will bring the current room and ticket rates for everyone/ everything. Dropping people (if you needed to drop them) would have the same effect, so don’t beat yourself about it! You are still getting a promo, which is not a given these days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!