Changes to Holiday - Attractions Schedule

SteveS

Mouseketeer
I was reading my DVC Vacation Magic when I saw the schedule for the Osborne Lights and the Candlelight Processional this upcomming Christmas season.

Historically the Osborne Lights opened around the 26th or a few days prior to Thanksgiving. The Candlelight Processional would open on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

This year it has changed and not for the better. I have planned a trip over Thanksgiving week from 11/20 - 11/28 for the specific intention of seeing these attractions. Both of these attractions open on Sunday the 28th which is the end of the Thanksgiving weekend after I have returned home.

As for me I am considering cancelling my Boardwalk reservations and staying home. This is not good news.

:(

Actually, they have had a Passholders even for Osborne Lights for the past few years on the Sat/Sun before Thanksgiving. It was only open to PAP and AP holders. Then the Lights started up for the rest of the guests after Thanksgiving. Candlelight Processional usually started on the day after Thanksgiving.

In the brochure from the Flower & Garden Festival, it lists Osborne Lights as Nov 24 to Jan 2 and Holidays Around the World at Epcot as Nov 26 to Dec 30. You can't always count on DVC, I think it was a Member Clubhouse e-mail where they listed the wrong dates for the recent DVC Member Homecoming! Their own event! I would not cancel or change your reservation until you find out for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter