Changes to Peru itinerary--thoughts?

JenaRuns

Mouseketeer
What are your thoughts on the 2020 Peru itinerary? The trip is a day shorter now and ends in Cusco, and there aren't any activities in Lima. Are you happy with this?

I would say this is insignificant or maybe a slight improvement. There were no activities in Lima anyway, except the farewell lunch on day 8. We flew back from Cusco in the morning, had lunch and then there were no more scheduled activities for the rest of the day. At least half of our group, including one of the guides, flew home that night. And the rest of the group had flights early the next morning, unless they were staying an extra day. There were never any activities in the itinerary on day 9.

I agree. Going back to Lima offered no real advantage and we were pretty exhausted by the end of this (AWESOME) trip. The only thing we did is hang with our fellow adventurers in the Marriott Club Lounge because no one felt like doing much else. I think it will be fine returning a day earlier from Cusco.

This trip is AMAZING. One of my all-time favorites.

It would depend on your flight reservations if they leave from Lima or Cusco. Spending a night in Lima allowed a rest before the early morning flight out of Lima without the added expense of a flight back to Lima and hotel room. The cost of the 2020 trip is the same with the shortened itinerary. In the 2019 itinerary, the last night in Cusco is the white elephant party and the lunch in Lima it the only time you go into central Lima with a nice farewell lunch at the historic Casa de Aliaga. The tour now stays in the Westin Lima, but it is a great and new hotel with a delicious buffet breakfast. However, even without this last day in Lima, it would still be a great trip but would have preferred it with the extra day. As a thought, why not extend a post night in Cusco to explore on your own, which was not possible in the old itinerary.

It looks like the new itinerary doesn't include the flight back from Cusco to Lima.

When we did this trip in 2017, we did have a Lima activity included: lunch at the incredible Casa Aliaga, followed by entertainment by a musical group. We also walked across the main square and got to see the exterior of government buildings. After that, we were on our own for dinner and departure. I would definitely feel bad about missing Casa Aliaga with the new itinerary. It was a highlight.

I agree that the trip was amazing, awesome, and absolutely incredible!

I also agree. In fact I think it may be better. We typically do a couple pre and post nights to extend the adventure. Post nights in Cusco is preferable to Lima in my opinion. This trip is incredible and one of our favorites. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!