Changing childs qs dining plan

madmar

Earning My Ears
With the qs dining changes in2020, can I change my 8 yr old son to adult plan? is it worth it.

Only you know if it’s worth it. Yes, you can him him up. If tickets are part of your package that has to age up also

If you change him up to an adult, his entire package turns into an adult package...Including the extra cost for adult ticket AND the extra cost to possibly having another adult in the room ( no idea why THAT is, because she's 7 and the room cost shouldn't include her in as an adult? But, that's what BOTH ladies on the phone said). We spent about an hour and a half on the phone today (2 separate calls) to get that info. The cost of the adult dinning plan is much higher than the kids per day. For us, there are certain meals that we can order and share with our child, so she'll always have plenty to eat. But, most Disney kids meals are pretty lame. I think they are going to NEED to up their food game if they're going to force the kids to order from the kids meals at QS locations!!! My daughter won't like eating the same hamburger, chicken nuggets/strips, mac N cheese or hot dogs 2 meals a day for almost 2 weeks. That is just not going to work for her. We actually like the taste of food. The kids meals there are lacking in flavor and options all around.

If you change him up to an adult, his entire package turns into an adult package...Including the extra cost for adult ticket AND the extra cost to possibly having another adult in the room ( no idea why THAT is, because she's 7 and the room cost shouldn't include her in as an adult? But, that's what BOTH ladies on the phone said). We spent about an hour and a half on the phone today (2 separate calls) to get that info. The cost of the adult dinning plan is much higher than the kids per day. For us, there are certain meals that we can order and share with our child, so she'll always have plenty to eat. But, most Disney kids meals are pretty lame. I think they are going to NEED to up their food game if they're going to force the kids to order from the kids meals at QS locations!!! My daughter won't like eating the same hamburger, chicken nuggets/strips, mac N cheese or hot dogs 2 meals a day for almost 2 weeks. That is just not going to work for her. We actually like the taste of food. The kids meals there are lacking in flavor and options all around.

You received incorrect information regarding extra adult fees in a WDW resort room. Only guests who are 18 or over are counted as adults in WDW rooms. While children 10 to 17 are counted as adults on a dining plan and for theme park tickets, they are not counted as adults in a room. If you wanted to age your daughter up to age 10 in order to get the adult dining plan for her, you would only have to pay extra for the dining plan and her tickets. She would not count as an extra adult in any room.

You received incorrect information regarding extra adult fees in a WDW resort room. Only guests who are 18 or over are counted as adults in WDW rooms. While children 10 to 17 are counted as adults on a dining plan and for theme park tickets, they are not counted as adults in a room. If you wanted to age your daughter up to age 10 in order to get the adult dining plan for her, you would only have to pay extra for the dining plan and her tickets. She would not count as an extra adult in any room.

That's what I tried to explain to them. The room wouldn't count her as an adult when she's SEVEN, but they added the extra adult fee to the room twice when I asked what the total cost would be if she changed to an adult ticket and dinning plan. Even the 10 year old that pays the adult ticket price and dining plan price isn't counted as an adult in the room!

That's what I tried to explain to them. The room wouldn't count her as an adult when she's SEVEN, but they added the extra adult fee to the room twice when I asked what the total cost would be if she changed to an adult ticket and dinning plan. Even the 10 year old that pays the adult ticket price and dining plan price isn't counted as an adult in the room!
That’s utterly ridiculous!!! The difference in theme park tickets isn’t that much. If it’s just the three of you you might be surprised that paying out of pocket won’t cost you more money than the dining plan. And I’ve been a fan for years, especially when we had teenagers but the last trip with DGS we chose to pay out of pocket and I kept every receipt. We drink and we ordered whatever we pleased and still we were almost $400 ahead. We did some signatures and character meals each day.

I highly recommend looking at meal costs paying out of pocket and ordering everyone exactly what they’d like to eat. If your kids will not be happy with the kids dining plan meal choices then the dining plan no longer works for you. Our first trip we did the dining plan and thought it was too much food. Second trip we paid out of pocket, ate everywhere and everything we wanted and ended up spending less then the cost of a dining plan. You have so much flexibility when paying out of pocket. Some meals we got a couple apps with our entrees, sometimes we shared just one app if we weren’t too hungry. Same with desserts. Never had to worry about wasting food or feeling obligated to order app/enter/dessert for everyone at every meal. If the kids wanted something off of the adult menu we ordered it. Check the cost you may be surprised. Disney is between a rock & a hard place when it comes to improving the kids menus - some families rely on nuggets, burgers, and Mac & cheese - these are the only things their kids will eat. Disney tries to add more adventurous choices to the kids menus and then they face multiple complaints. The best option is just to pay out of pocket for the things your child will eat. Disney will never be able to make the perfect dining plan that works for the way every family prefers to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!