Changing shipping address to Border Depot and picking up MB.

bigjon94

Earning My Ears
Does it seem like a good idea to change the address on my reservation to my "mailbox" at the Plattsburgh border so I can pickup my Magic Bands, etc.. before the trip, or is this just a problem waiting to happen?

I can't help with your question but would like to know which company you are using in Plattsburgh and how do you like it? I've been looking to get myself a box but don't know where to start looking...theres just so many.

Border Mail Depot. Essentially it's 5$ per package. They give you a custom address to use and you just cross the border. It's the first exit after the Champlain crossing and then you make a right turn at the end of the road. Real easy and they email you when they received your package.

Well, I changed the address on our Magic Bands to be shipped to our condo in Florida because we were already in Florida when the Magic Bands would arrive. They still got shipped to our home address in Ohio. Luckily our adult son was still in Ohio and picked them up from our house.

I use one of these in Detroit but have never shipped my Magic Bands there before a trip. Ive always sent my bands and express tags to my home address.

Ive always worried that something would go wrong in transit. For example, a bag being loss from the airline. Does that mean theyre going to send it to the American address. I think for the little time you would save at the check in desk, its not worth it to me. Thats just me though since I always worry about things the days before the trip.

If a person wants to go straight to a park on arrival ( for a hard ticketed event, for EMH etc) having the bands in hand allows them to do online check in from their phone be eligible for free parking and EMH.

It also works perfectly for the scenario we did it for which is staying offsite but booking and paying for a onsite room .. that gave us access to an earlier booking window for fastpasses and dining . We used the room mid day for a break . We were a large party and much more comfortable offsite for the duration of our stay, It worked well for us to have the bands shipped. It cost us $5 and 30 minutes of our time ,

So yes OP we’ve done this and had no problems .

I did it once, but after that, i just thought it was too much hassle. I can just pick them up from the front desk or...reuse last years' bands!

I’m actually kind of glad Magic Bands aren’t shipped to us ahead of time.

I’d either misplace them prior to leaving or forget them altogether. 🙃

I had ours shipped to our parcel service in Washington for this past trip because I like having them in advance. It really wasn't a hassle because we ship things there frequently and i usually wait until there are 3-4 packages to pick up before driving down. We do it often. We also have nexus so the border crossing isn't a big deal

For the last few trips, I've sent Magic Bands to our US mailbox in Niagara Falls, NY (cbiusa.com) and we pick up either a week or two before we travel or right before going to the airport in Buffalo. I worry about misplacing or forgetting them too, but *knock on wood* never had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!