Changing the Primary Guest on Reservation or Should I?

Akck

DIS Veteran
Hi all, new DVC member here. First off, let me give a little background on my situation. We are taking our granddaughter to WDW next December. Oh, we invited her parents along too. We opted to reserve 2 SV studios for the trip and I decided to do it online versus calling in an hour later to MS. I was lucky enough to snag the 2 rooms, but I put myself on one room and my wife on the other room as the lead guests, in order to expedite booking each reservation.

I then went in to modify each reservation, but saw that you can’t change the primary guest online. I’m assuming you have to call in to do so now. So, before I call into MS, is there any advantage to leaving the reservations as is or will it cause problems later? Thanks for any insights.

The only difference will be magic bands will be keyed to unlock the door one is listed in,

So, yoy will have to add everyone at some points. You do have to call MS to change lead name but I would say there is no rush until you get closer to the trip and need it accurate to link to MDE for things like FPs, etc.

There is no way to do it online. You can change the address and info of the person listed as Primary, but you need to call Member Services to change the Primary person out for someone else. MS do it all the time and are very aware of it, and can do it quite fast.

I think that we were able to do this thru chat? I can't for sure remember because we had a 2 bedroom and 2 studios on this last trip as we were taking family with us this time. I know that we used chat a few times to get the correct things done for the rooms once it was verified that everyone was in fact going on the trip.

I do this every year. I do not change it till we are closer and I know who will be gone.

Thanks everyone, I’ll likely change it shortly so I can it properly in MDE. Good to know it can be done via chat, so I won’t be tied up long if I happen to call during a period with long hold times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter