Character autographs vs. pre-signed cards?

Surgie2

DIS Veteran
I read awhile back that some characters were giving out little cards with their signature rather than actually signing an autograph book. Was this a test or is it still going on? Any way to know which characters presently do cards rather than autographs?

It varies from character to character and occasionally, time to time. Some characters can't sign (like Buzz, mentioned above or Mike Wazowski) so they'll either stamp or they'll provide you with a pre-signed card in some instances. However, most characters can and do sign.

There are also times when it's just plain busy and they will provide pre-signed cards rather than autographing anything for you on the spot.

Another they do/they don't example is Belle. When you visit her in France at Epcot she signs. But in Enchanted Tales With Belle she hands out a signed bookmark instead.

My memory is fuzzy but it seems like a few years ago we saw Jack and Sally during the Halloween Party and, though I have read they will not sign and instead give a card, I could have sworn they both signed my daughter's book. Though, I do remember another trip where they gave us a card. I would really have to go back through our old photos to see if they did sign one year or not... terrible memory here.

Last edited:
I guess the question is... is there a specific reason why you're asking? Any particular characters you're concerned with? Or are you just asking, in general terms?

As someone above said, if a character isn't signing the staff will (should) let you know before you get up there. Typically they'll see us with our pens/paper out and let us know the deal if they are not signing.

Buzz stamped our book, he couldnt hold a marker because of his plastic hands.

The only character who gave us a card was Olaf because he doesnt have hands :)
This had been my experience for many years, too, but in July Buzz (in his meet across from Toy Story Mania) actually signed for the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter