Character Breakfast or Dinner?

shaycamp21

DIS Veteran
Unfortunately we are not going be staying at Aulani (we have 11 days on the North Shore and 3 in Waikiki) but still wanted to squeeze in a tiny bit of Disney magic on this vacation so we are going to just do a character meal. Which character meal is better in terms of food and character interaction? I have both the breakfast and the dinner booked right now but am wondering which one to keep (or do both-too much?)? Would love any insight. Thanks :)

Last edited:
We much prefer the dinner. The breakfast seemed more like at the theme parks, with characters wandering around over and over, whereas dinner has a storyline has more substance to the experience. Character interaction is probably similar at both meals. I cannot eat most breakfast foods due to allergies, so dinner is better for food for us, too. I'm not sure I could handle two big meals in one day, but we did both character meals on our last trip, albeit on different days. This coming trip we'll only do the character dinner.

We stayed offsite 2 weeks ago and stopped by Aulani for breakfast and really enjoyed it. We got a table right on the boarder of the inside and outside so it wasn't too loud and crowded. The atmosphere and food was way better than any Fab 5 character breakfast I have done in the parks. Afterward we shopped, toured the resort had a Mickey Bar and left. It was a really good time.

We did both the dinner and breakfast during our trip in March. I enjoyed the breakfast a lot more. The food was better, and the show from Aunty was a lot stronger than Uncle. Dinner was Chip and Dale and Stich, and Breakfast was Minnie, Goofy, and Donald. I know those do vary sometimes. There was also an extra photo opp each time at the start, and the breakfast photo was with Mickey.

You really can't go wrong with either one. Both have solid food and a lot of variety, and the character greetings were well done. I'd give a slight edge to the breakfast, which also was a lot cheaper too.

Thank you for all the insight. I think the dinner menu excites me more but the characters seem better at breakfast especially since Mickey and Minnie are there. Our daughter, who's 7 I think would prefer the breakfast characters. Are these characters set or does it vary sometimes? Do Mickey and Minnie ever appear at dinner?

I'm not sure. It seemed pretty set at the time with dinner, but it can always change. I definitely would check and see if you can learn more from Disney about it. The phone reps for Aulani are super helpful and a lot better in general than the normal Disney World reps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!