• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character breakfasts

bobbobroberts

Earning My Ears
Where is recommended as having the best ?

Also i am going in late August, am i going to need to book this well in advance ? Any thoughts ?

...... if you have young daughters, Cinderella's Royal Table in the Magic Kingdom Castle for breakfast is a very popular character meal. Other than that, the Crystal Palace buffet meals with Winnie The Pooh & friends is another favourite. Yet another fave is Hollywood & Vine in MGM Studios - Minnie, Chip& Dale, Goofy and Pluto appear.
If you have children, who are their favourite characters ( if not, which characters do you like best?) as you can then choose a venue where those characters appear.

..... I should add that to make a Priority Seating for Cindy's - as it is affectionately named :) - you will need to book the very second booking opens - 60 days out and prompt at 7.00am EST : 12 noon Britsh Summer Time, and have a Credit Card ready.

There are a lot of choices it depends on what you want to go for.

For characters interaction alone then , IMHO, the Cinderella's castle is the best. Particularly for little girls who want to see all the "princesses". The down side is this is one of the most expensive breakfasts and IMHO the food is the worst. To clarify that the food, as served, is not a bad quality, but it is "preplated" ( i.e. cooked elsewhere and transprted in) as such if there is any reason ( religion or dietary) someone in your group won't eat something, that's unlucky. My daughter is a veggie and when her meal came up with bacon and sausage on it we asked for it to be removed. Which they did, but the plate came back still with the grease from said items on it. When I pointed this out I was told there was nothing else they can do because ALL the dishes come preplated. If you're hungry after one plateful, you can have another plate but in my case there was about 40% of the stuff I didn't like, IMHO it's wasteful to be given a fresh plateful, when you haven't eaten the last and leave most of that as well.

My favourites are the buffet style as it is much easier to feed the kids, they can pick what they like and go at a pace that works around the characters arriving, leaving mum and dad to enjoy the food. MY favourites in no particular order are for

Magic Kingdom either the Crystal Palace inside the park, or Parkfare 1900 in the Grand Floridian Hotel ( you can use the monorail to get to the hotel and it's a fun way to check out the hotel

At Epcot I like to eat in the Cape May Cafe at the Yacht and Beachclub Hotel. It's good food, good characters, again a good way to check out the hotel and a nice walk into the park after you've eaten. I know a lot of people like the restaurant inside Epcot that is in the land pavillion, I haven't tried it myself but it gets good reviews.

I think that Cinderella's castle is meant to be really good. Crystal palace is also meant to be good but unfortunately I think when you are there it will be closed. I understand that it is closing for refurbishment in July. I am not sure though, and I would check that. I think that they will be moving the relevant characters (from Winnie the Pooh) to another building, so I would check that out if these characters are the ones you like

hope this is a help

Helen :Pinkbounc ;)

Cinderlla's Castle is great as all the characters are "face" characters, so they actually talk to you. I spent ages with Peter Pan!

Crystal palace is also meant to be good but unfortunately I think when you are there it will be closed. I understand that it is closing for refurbishment in July. I am not sure though, and I would check that

Yes, I understand Crystal Palace will be closed from July to December 2002, but that Tony's Town Square restaurant will be hosting the Winnie the Pooh breakfast and lunch in the meantime.

We have done Crystal Palace at MK (Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet), Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club (Minnie - greeting at the door only, Chip 'n' Dale, and Goofy), and The Garden Grill at Epcot (Minnie, Mickey and Chip 'n' Dale).

The breakfast buffet at Crystal Palace was excellent and we had a wonderful time (it was younger dd's 11th birthday), but as you know, it will be closed when you are there.

The breakfast buffet at Cape May Cafe was equally good and I think it makes a nice change to get out and about around the resorts. Resort hopping is one of our favourite activities.

I have a feeling that the character breakfasts at the Garden Grill have been suspended. Anyone? We had lunch there and throroughly enjoyed it. If you don't already know, it is a revolving restaurant. Imagine a carousel - the hub is the kitchen and the seating is in two concentric circles facing outwards. You are in booths and, unless you stand up, you can't see the other diners, but the characters do visit your booth often throughout the meal (maybe a bit too often, in fact!). The 'carousel' revolves very slowly and your scenery changes throughout the meal.

The lunch is what Disney call 'family style', which means you get it served in the middle of the table and you help yourselves. There is no choice - you have whatever is on the menu. The day we were there it was salad to start and then what can best be described as 'Sunday dinner' - poulty, meat and fish, stuffing, sweet mashed potatoes, gravy, and beautifully fresh vegetables (which are grown at the Land Pavilion). There is a choice of dessert. We enjoyed it - it made quite a nice change from burgers, steak and pizza - but it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.

We've ONLY done the Breakfastsaurus (spell?) at Animal Kingdom & can really recommend it .

It is a buffet breakfast so you can have as much or as little as you want . You can also visit the buffet as many times as you want , which definately appealed to my DS age 15.

The charecters were Mickey, Donald & Goofy & we had loads of interaction. Our server was also brilliant.

We booke d for approx 10.30 which meant we arrived at Animal Kingdom as it opened & got the main rides especially the safari done early.
After a huge breakfast we didn't eat again till dinner. & stopped only for drink breaks.

:jester: :jester: :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter