Character costumes.....yuck!

THat is disgusting:( I am so glad Disney finally came to their senses!

Boy am I going to look at Mickey and Minne and all the rest a little differently, YUCK, no one should have to work under those conditions.:eek:

I feel awful for those that have had to endure unclean garments. The employee should have the right to wear their own bike shorts, etc... as long as it complies with costume standards. I certainly wouldn't want to wear someone's used undergarments. Yuck :eek:

Huh, never heard of that. Heard of it being hot though!

Gosh,

How one suffers for thier "art"! - LOL

I guess it's a tough job, but someone has to do it!

I am confused!

You mean you are supposed to was them EVERY DAY.

I use the old adage of Turn them inside out and then back to front and you can get 4 days out of them!

BTW I am kidding

If you read LaughingPlace.com, you will see that CM's are now allowed to take their underwear home and launder them themselves---so rest assured, the problem has been take care of!

:) :bounce: :) :) :bounce: :bounce: :) :bounce: :) :bounce: :)

The underwear beign shared was not for all costumes, for some of the costumes the tight ones sure I guess I can't say, but for the ones like Pooh they could wear their own underwear but they had "blacks" that they have to wear that were tight under clothing over their stuff, but under the big costume. I just know for the Pooh type, my sister was one for many years, that she always wore her own underwear, just the other underclothing she had to turn in everyday .

I can see though the problem, especially for the tight costumes like in Festivle of lion king, I guess they're the ones that probably had to turn in the jock straps and so forth. At least it seems they won't have to anymore.

The sharing of underwear is pretty scary and disgusting, if that's the case! We just took the Keys to the Kingdom and Backstage Magic Tours and saw CM's being issued their costumes in the utilidors, and did not see or hear anything regarding "communal underwear"! In fact, we saw one woman putting on a Piglet costume in a public dressing area (or at least one which had an open door), and she was putting it on right over her own shorts and tank top! We also saw some CM's wearing portions of costumes and portions of their own clothing, as they walked around the tunnels.

I guess I am insensitive, because I laughed at this story. It said they were forced to wear stinky underwear.

If I went to work, and some one gave me a pair of dirty, stinky underwear...I think there is a good chance that I would ask for another pair. You have heard of road rage? There would be Underwear Rage if the CM told me no!!

That's why Donald beserks so often. Worrisome Wedgies While Woefully Wilted. It's hot in there.

I don't understand this story. When I was a character (many years ago) we were issued shorts and t-shirts to wear under the character costumes (called character blues because the shorts were blue and the t-shirts were white with blue trim), but you wore your own undergarments under the shorts and t-shirts. Things might have changed since then, but wearing company issued underwear seems strange to me. I will ask friends of mine who still work in entertainment as characters what the story is.

I have news on the underwear (if anyone still cares...)

This is another example of how the press sensationalizes and distorts events, trying to turn a nothing into news.

The "Underwear" that the press is refering to are in fact the company issued shorts and t-shirts that characters wear under their costumes (they used to be called Character Blues as I mentioned earlier but they are now called Basics). What you wear under the Basics is up to the indivdiual employee and is supplied by the employee. The only thing that has changed is that now the characters are allowed to take home the Basics and wash them themselves if they want. Apparently the union felt that sometimes the Basics were not cleaned by Disney as well as they thought they should be.

And if the design of a costume does not allow for the wearing of the Basics under them (tight costumes, etc), the employee supplies their own briefs, dance belts, supporters, etc. They ARE NOT supplied, or washed, by Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!