Character Dining - Availability

wtdanceisthrough

Earning My Ears
Hi, I want to ask about Character Dining generally - the context is my upcoming trip to SDL but since that property is not open yet, I'm interested in how it works at the other resorts (e.g. TDL/HKDL) as a basis for comparison. (I asked first on the SDL thread but didn't get any responses - but this has a wider audience than just SDL bookers.)

Basically, the staff on the SDL helpline told me that if a restaurant offers character dining, then character dining is there all the time....so I don't need to specifically "book" character dining or schedule a specific dining slot, I can just go ahead and reserve any slot and the character dining will be offered.

I just want to sanity-check this statement in terms of what happens at the other resorts? For example, at WDW there would be a specific restaurant (e.g. "Garden View Tea Room") and then a character dining event happening at that restaurant (e.g. "Perfectly Princess Tea Party"), which wouldn't be on all the time. But at the non-US resorts, is it generally a lot simpler and just either a restaurant offers character dining all the time or not at all?

Sorry I did mean to answer your question in the other thread.

Generally what happens is that the restaurant will specify which meals have character interaction. Any time you book during that meal time will have character interaction. At HKDL, they only have character meals at the hotels. It used to be that Chef Mickey's was only a character meal for breakfast, but now it is a character meal for dinner as well. Enchanted Garden is the character breakfast location at the HKDL Hotel, but I think it's only open for breakfast. I'm not sure about TDR, I haven't been there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter