Character dinning without children

Smoomoo

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone.
I am booked for Sept next year and so excited, staying at the Caribbean Beach.
We haven't been for 6 years so desperately need some magic.
I have been picking up so much information from you guys. It looks like the world has changed a lot since our last time.
Our party is just myself and hubby and we are in our 50s (where do the years go????).
My question is,is it strange going to a character meal with no children.
I would love to do Crystal palace as I love Tigger.
Do any of you do it without children?

I’ve seen plenty of folks do character dining with no kids and never thought twice about it. Either way you’re paying so do what you would like to do and have a great time. No need to worry what others are thinking.

Me and my husband did character meals for our honeymoon and it was super fun!! The characters are great with adults. Daisy kept hitting on my husband while I was up at the buffet.. lol than acting surprised when I cake back was super funny.

As an an old fogey [my wife and I spent our 45th anniversary at WDW], my wife an I have attended many character meals without our kids/grandkids. If you have been on a Disney cruise, gone to a character meet and greet, you will see many adults lining-up to get pictures with any and all the characters.

I do a character meal each trip - SOLO! The characters always seem to spend a few extra moments with me. I love to "play" along!

My wife and I don't have kids yet but we love both the Crystal Palace (both of us grew up on Pooh) and Tusker House over at Animal Kingdom. No shame in it at all. Enjoy the magic!

Not weird at all!
Another recommendation for character dining without kids: I like 1900 Park Fare. They have Lady Tremaine and the Wicked Stepsisters, who really cut up and have fun with the adults. They are hilarious and the older I get the more I appreciate them. Plus, I am reasonably sure it is the only place you can meet those characters at Disney on a daily basis.

Not weird at all!
Another recommendation for character dining without kids: I like 1900 Park Fare. They have Lady Tremaine and the Wicked Stepsisters, who really cut up and have fun with the adults. They are hilarious and the older I get the more I appreciate them. Plus, I am reasonably sure it is the only place you can meet those characters at Disney on a daily basis.

Not weird at all!

We are both in our late forties & have no kids,we always do a couple of character meals when we are there, Crystal Palace being one of our favourites.

You can still have fun with characters, its just part of Disney. I think the the characters know too when too spend time at a table and when just say hello and pose for the picture.
Make a fun game too. Try taking a bunch of fun selfies with the characters.

My husband and I had breakfast at The Crystal Palace on our last trip (2015) and we had a blast! We also did breakfast at Garden Grill in Epcot with Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale. If you're interested in better food, do Garden Grill. If you just want the Pooh characters, then do Crystal Palace.

I say go for it and have fun. You only get old when you insist on growing up. I thought I was out of the character meals (I am 57) when my 17 year old asked me what day was the Chip and Dale (GG) meal and told me we had to eat at Trattoria so she could meet Rapunzel. Disney really is ageless.

I'm 41 and my DH is 45, and we have no kids. We have always done character meals. Going the end of June- early July. I have 4 Character meals planned. Honestly, one plus is getting to see and interact with some characters without having to wait in line. It saves time - eating and meeting characters at once! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!