Character dinning without children

DH and I (both in 50's) always do character meals. We have no kids. We are going in late October with 6 adults and are doing 4 character meals. We love CP, Tusker House, Chef Mickey's (for characters) and are doing 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. Can't wait. We love seeing the characters and interacting with them. They are great with adults and kids alike. Sometimes I actually think they like the break from kids-LOL. But they will take pictures, etc. with you. Go, have fun. You paid your park admission the same as anyone else. That's what I always think as I'm standing in line to see Snow White with all the little girls!! Hope you have a great vacation.

We don’t have children and loved Crystal Palace. I booked a dinner at 1900 Park Fare this weekend and I’m wondering how the food is!

Our breakfast was awesome. They had their amazing Strawberry soup, along with many breakfast items. The characters were very good, with Tigger in the hallway when you come out for a picture. Very nice. My first time there for breakfast. The Mad Hatter was very quick with comebacks, very funny. Seven adults, youngest 25, then the rest were all above 48 yo. We all thought it was a blast, food was great. I'm hoping you enjoy it as much as we did. Of course, this was one of four character breakfasts we did!

My hubby and I wanted 2 dinners on our January trip......he wants dinner with the beast and I wanted the new Snow White dinner! It’s magical for all ages!

Just took my parents to the the Princess breakfast in Norway two weeks ago. We had an amazing time! Food was great, and it was adorable to see all of the kids dressed up as princesses meeting their idols. Also was a plus to get a bunch of photos of the princess encounters with my dad. Lol! Didn’t hurt getting first access to Frozen when the ride opened either.

I have to imagine that all of the character meals are just as magical, no matter the age. It’s that Disney way of recapturing the young in all of us:)

We have done Tusker House. We did not realize the dinner has characters but had a nice time!

It is not awkward at all. Character interactions are quick but pleasant!

No kids here and we have three character meals planned for our upcoming trip: 1900 Park Fare, Tusker House, and Artist Point. It's a great way to meet favourite characters, spend extra time interacting with them, and skip the queues to see them in the parks.

My wife and I are in our late fifties. We always go to the Crystal Palace on the morning before we leave Disney. We need that last shot of magic before the trip home.

No kids here either and my husband and I have done Tusker House multiple times, Crystal Palace, Cape May Cafe and Ohana in the morning with the characters. Disney is for everybody- do everything and anything that you want!

I have done several character meals as an adult, twice solo, twice with my (adult) sister, and twice with Sis and our Dad. The "Dad" trip and the "sis & me" trip we did Crystal Palace breakfast and had a great time.

I actually did H&V breakfast solo for the Dis Jr characters (Doc, Sofia, Manny, Jake) and characters and CMs were super sweet. When I did Tusker House breakfast solo, there was an adult couple seated at the table next to mine. When the CM character handler wasn't available, we ended up taking photos for each other. You will definitely not be the only guests without kids enjoying a character meal!

Being new here, it's nice to see so many posts from adults without kids who enjoy the character meals! Our last trip wound up being centered around breakfast every day at 'Ohana. The CMs were wonderful and lavished attention on us, but it was the interaction with the characters that really crowned the experience for me. I don't care if I'm old-- I still enjoy meeting characters!

DH and I did our first character meal Sept.2018 at Cape May in the Beach Club Resort and LOVED it! Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Daisy (all dressed in their finest beachwear) spent as much time with us as the families with children. We're going back this September and can't wait to have breakfast there again! BTW- the food was great!

You're never too old to have a character meal (no children required).
I've taken my mom to Disney World a couple times in recent years (I'm in my 30s, she's in her 60s), and we did a bunch of character meals (Ohana, Tusker House, Garden Grill, 1900 Park Fare, etc.) I also plan on doing some for my upcoming solo trip.

At Disney everyone’s a kid!! We do what we want. DH wears Disney hats (the goofy ones) and we get pics with characters!!! Nobody he knows would believe it.

I’m glad it’s not strange, our kids are now in their 20’s and we have 2 character meals booked for our trip in May.

It is not strange at all. Our December trip we had 7 adults, ranging from 17 to 65. We booked 3 character meals and had a blast.

Thank you everyone. I booked for the 15th Sept 11.30.
Look forward to seeing anyone else that day:welcome:

I am so excited pixiedust:

My husband and I had breakfast at The Crystal Palace on our last trip (2015) and we had a blast! We also did breakfast at Garden Grill in Epcot with Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale. If you're interested in better food, do Garden Grill. If you just want the Pooh characters, then do Crystal Palace.

I second this...Garden Grill is not as crowded and loud. The character interaction at Garden Grill was better than Crystal Palace. I didn't feel like as a couple with no kids, that we were keeping the characters from the kids as I did at Crystal Palace. And don't forget your camera and autograph book!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter