Character meal on Epcot day

4Hawks

"Be a goldfish" - Ted Lasso
We'd like to do a character meal on our Epcot day. We only plan to spend half a day at the park, so options at the monorail resorts or the boardwalk would be okay. We'll probably RD at Epcot, ride 1 or 2 rides, then do a late breakfast.

My DD is not really into princesses, so Akershus is probably not the best choice. I am considering the Bon Voyage breakfast, since Tangled is one of her favorite movies (Moana is the other). We've already done the O'hana breakfast and Chef Mickey's brunch. 1900 Park Fare would be another good option.

- Between those two (bon voyage and 1900 Park Fare), which one would you recommend?
- Food wise, which one is better? (allergy options? we have 2 people with allergies in our party of 6)
- Transportation wise, which one is closer or easier to get to from Epcot?
- Any other suggestions?

TIA!

Another vote for Garden Grill. My kids are older now (15 & 11) so we really do not do character meals anymore, but they both request this one every trip. It is the best character interaction we have ever had and my son looks forward to seeing what Chip and Dale will do this time.

Garden Grill is definitely a great choice. To choose between 1900 PF and Bon Voyage Breakfast - is a tough one. I have to say that we just did the Bon Voyage breakfast and loved it. We ate at both of them with someone who was a vegan and one with dairy allergy. Both restaurants were great for those dietary restrictions. I like that Bon Voyage breakfast wasn't a buffet. They brought the food to you and it was delicious. We do really enjoy 1900 PF but I probably would pick Bon Voyage for the proximity to EPCOT. You just walk out of the countries to the Boardwalk.

Garden Grill is our family's all-time favorite character meal. We ate supper there and loved it!

We have had breakfast at Cape May breakfast at the Beach Club and not really thought it was worth the price.

We have had "breakfast" at Bon Voyage. I put it in quotes because our reservation was for noon...so it was more of a late brunch. It was tasty!

If you want to stay near Epcot, I would definitely try Garden Grill!

Have a great trip!

Garden Grill PPO ... if you were planning to rope drop anyway, you may want to consider this. In April we (me, DH, DS11, DS15) had a great breakfast ( I was partial to the giant cinnamon roll and big bowl of fresh fruit) and really fun character interactions ..... then walked right onto Soarin' ahead of the rope drop folks. It was very relaxed. Even if you decide against the eating PPO option, GG is still a good choice for the characters and food.

I agree with the suggestion of breakfast at Cape May at the Beach Club. It's a 5 minute walk from International Gateway along a canal. The meal is good, as is the character interaction.

Garden Grill at Epcot is our absolute favorite character meal. We have it booked for both breakfast and dinner on our upcoming trip. Farmer Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale are the characters there. Von Boyage is also another good choice - I have not been there myself yet, but I haven't read a negative review of this breakfast. It gets really great reviews.

Another vote for Garden Grill. I love their breakfast! :) Characters are just too cute. And yes, you can see them two or three times. Its great!

Cape May is also a good choice. But GG is my fave.

I agree with the other posters here if you're gonna be in Epcot, Garden grille is a great choice. Food good and characters cute. We've done this one a few times in past years:smickey:

I agree with the suggestion of breakfast at Cape May at the Beach Club. It's a 5 minute walk from International Gateway along a canal. The meal is good, as is the character interaction.

Do they have a made to order omelette station at the Cape May buffet? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!