Character meet and greets back on the Daily Iwa

We took pics with Mickey and Minnie today! The cast member said only Mickey and Minnie are appearing for now. Other characters may be appearing from balconies, but she wouldn’t say which ones. Moana will definitely not be making an appearance as she’s currently out to sea.

Mickey and Minnie were on the stage. We were allowed to stand below the stage and take selfies or utilize the Photopass service.

There were no lines and we got to spend a good amount of time waving to Mickey and Minnie.

We took pics with Mickey and Minnie today! The cast member said only Mickey and Minnie are appearing for now. Other characters may be appearing from balconies, but she wouldn’t say which ones. Moana will definitely not be making an appearance as she’s currently out to sea.

Mickey and Minnie were on the stage. We were allowed to stand below the stage and take selfies or utilize the Photopass service.

There were no lines and we got to spend a good amount of time waving to Mickey and Minnie.
Perhaps a dumb question - are we allowed to remove our mask for a quick selfie? (I know I know I should get on board just still having a hard time accepting my once a year vacation and first time to Aulani - all my pictures will be in a mask)

Perhaps a dumb question - are we allowed to remove our mask for a quick selfie? (I know I know I should get on board just still having a hard time accepting my once a year vacation and first time to Aulani - all my pictures will be in a mask)

Nope, the cast member working today specifically said that everyone has to keep their masks on at all times.

Mask compliance around the resort was horrible on Sunday but it seems like the resort has really cracked down. The pool deck is being patrolled constantly. I put my vanilla dole whip down for just a minute so I could reapply sunblock on my 2yo and was immediately told to put my mask on since I wasn’t actively eating or drinking. The cast members were on it and I was very impressed (and a little ashamed because I should have known better lol).

The gift shop sells waterproof phone cases so you can take lots of maskless pics in the water. You can’t beat a selfie at the infinity pool at sunset. You can also take lots of maskless selfies at the beach with the resort in the background. I know how you feel, though. This is my son’s first visit to Aulani and I don’t have very many good shots of him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter