Character Palooza at HS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris1212

Mouseketeer
I remember a number of years ago we went to Character Palooza at HS. It wasn't really advertised, but at a certain time the gate by TOT opened and there were tonnes of characters to meet. Is this still on? If so, when? Still at the same place?

Thanks!

Various reports I’ve read say it’s been moving around, although most recently it seems like it’s typically outside the main HS entrance?

I decided to pay for Character Locator for our upcoming trip to improve our chances of finding it. My big kid is hoping for some unique autographs and for $8 (it was on sale,not sure if it still is) it seemed like the easiest option.

Lately it's going on outside the gates of DHS to the right, usually about 3 to 4 hours before Fantasmic

So by outside the gates, do you mean before you even enter the park? Besides paying for the Character Locator, can this info be found out anywhere else?

following - i've hear mixed things over the last few years. Outside the gates is interesting...

So by outside the gates, do you mean before you even enter the park? Besides paying for the Character Locator, can this info be found out anywhere else?
No, this was always supposed to be a "surprise and delight" experience where disney doesn't post it and people just happen upon it and are pleasantly surprised.
Yes before you enter the park on your right

following - i've hear mixed things over the last few years. Outside the gates is interesting...
I've been seeing characters in that spot for years now

I've never seen anything official refer to it as "Character Palooza". I believe that name was given to what takes place by another website, but it's a well known fact that it does occur. I've been at several at DHS. The locations were as, Yulilin3 posted, and also at the Sunset Showcase Courtyard. While hanging around the SS Courtyard for something else, I was asked by a number of Guests whether or not it was going to take place again. It had taken place when I arrived earlier but I didn't know if was going to happen again. It didn't, so they waited for nothing.

I’ll pay for character locator if we do determine we are going to WDW/DHS this fall. We had THE best interactions last time and I’ll give Kenny my money for how much help he was directing my family to our favorite characters at all the parks.

I've never seen anything official refer to it as "Character Palooza". I believe that name was given to what takes place by another website, but it's a well known fact that it does occur. I've been at several at DHS. The locations were as, Yulilin3 posted, and also at the Sunset Showcase Courtyard. While hanging around the SS Courtyard for something else, I was asked by a number of Guests whether or not it was going to take place again. It had taken place when I arrived earlier but I didn't know if was going to happen again. It didn't, so they waited for nothing.

You've never seen anything official refer to it at all. (That's the point.)

Yeah but usually only a few not the bigger group that used to show at ToT
It’s because most Fantasmic show performers only come in to perform for the show. They don’t need the “filler” hours that were made up of the afternoon meet & greet sets leading into the show scheduling.

Yeah but usually only a few not the bigger group that used to show at ToT
I would say it's around the same amount.
I've seen snow white, tiana, the evil queen, jasmine and Aladdin, Mary Poppins and bert.
About the same amount as inside.
The ToT location is now a smoking area

Anyone have an estimate of the time? 3-4pm? 5-6pm? I understand that it probably varies—just trying to get a general idea. Thanks!

So if we wanted to try to see this we would have to leave the park. Then go back into the park afterwards?

To me that does not seem to be very Disney, making you exit the park and rentering again.

To me that does not seem to be very Disney, making you exit the park and rentering again.
Not sure what your point is.
They meet right next to the entrance, not more than 20 second walk, like I said before this is supposed to be a surprise meet, not on the schedule at all so they don't need a specific spot. Nor sure what's so anti disney about this

It actually is very Disney as the #1 mandate for CMs is: Safety First.

By keeping these sets unscheduled and randomly placed, crowds of guests don’t form as in the past. When the scheduling was posted in blogs and here on TPAS, the safety of the Fant CMs and guests could not be guaranteed amongst uncontrollable crowds in a park where alcohol is served.

That’s when it changed to undisclosed / random placements and actual schedules weren’t openly posted by bloggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter