****Character Swap Final Details..****

Status
Not open for further replies.
katdisney, I'm sorry your feelings were hurt and that you haven't been well. That being said, a little communication goes a LONG way. I have emailed you (not a nasty email either) and I've pm'd you... NOTHING came back to me from you. Everything would have been fine if you had either posted yourself or had someone else post for you. You didn't seem to have any problem posting over on laughingplace, I think we deserved the same courtesy. I'm sorry if I offended you with my post on your other swap board, but again, no communication was forthcoming on THIS board. maggie

Sorry to hear you were ill and glad that you are on the mend. I do wish we had a phone # or something. If one of us had been able to get a hold of someone at your house who could have told us you were sick, then all would have been fine. I think we are a patient group, in general, but we were confused by the inconsistencies in your post. If the last of the packages was mailed on the 16th or so, we should have all received them by now.

Sorry if it seems like we were cyberstalking you, but we were really only trying to find out what was going on.

I'm not in this swap...so the whole event really isn't affecting me in any way..BUT I have been reading ALOT about swaps and A LOT of issues reguarding this very swap and the unknow on what's going on...There's been alot of talk about more regulations on the swaps in general over the past few weeks....and I for one am thinking this may be one of the top reasons for it... Anyways I just wanted to say...1.) I'm glad you feeling better and hope you'll be 100% soon. 2.) After reading the posts and when you checked your PM's and then seeing your other posts on LP...it really dosn't make any sence at all as to why you didn't respond to at least ONE post or ONE pm....that's all it would have taken. And 3.) I'm sorry your feeling were hurt...BUT I think most everyone here at DIS is VERY understanding and careing.....and I really can't see anyone getting so upset about swap items being delayed for something like an illness...BUT it's the lack of communication and everyone not knowing what's up that get's everyone worried and upset. In other words all it would have taken to spare your feeling from being hurt is ONE post or ONE pm...Anywho...good communication is the KEY to a good host. But then again...that's JMO.

Kat,

When did the packages go out? Or when are they going out? Just wondering when to start looking for it in the mailbox.

I'm very sorry that you were sick and glad to hear you are better. Could you please give us some idea on when this swap will be put in the mail???

Kathy is very upset about some of the comments so I don't think she will be visiting us here in the DIS any time soon. :guilty:

DISCLAIMER: I'm another one who wasn't involved in the swap, but have been following the posts on it.

While I understand that some comments may have upset her, she still bears the responsibility to see that this swap is completed. If she's read the thread enough to be hurt by comments, she has surely seen that what people wanted was some kind of communication about the status. Instead, she simply stated that they had been mailed, without telling anyone how long ago this took place.

I think that it is interesting that she "visited" the DIS as recently as yesterday - although she didn't post.

I personally think she owes it to us to let us know when/if the packages are going out. She has posted in the past, some went out but no one received. On Nov. 30th she posted at 2:17 p.m EST (that's 11:17 a.m. on the west coast) "You stuff is mailed." That was Wednesday and today is Friday. Some one should have received their package today, and I should have mine by tomorrow. No one has posted still, so I think we should be told honestly when it is going to happen. It has been almost 2 months with little communication. I understand she has been sick, but to not communicate honestly is not fair to the rest of us.

This is almost hysterical! Let see a swap was due on Oct 15th it is now, Dec 2nd. No one has rec'd their items. Another swap is happening on another board Due Nov 15th.....will they get their things?
She is able to post and read her PM and emails but not respond or say anythign about a very late swap. Ok I feel bad she had some issues, but again she states due to those problems she wasn't able to visit the board...ok....I can understand that but how come you can visit other boards? Read PM and Email...if your computer is like mine I can look at all my favorite sites!
I really do feel for you kathy you screwed up and took on something that you really weren't ready for or able to carry through. Instead of asking for help or explain the situation you go into a hiding mode. Then when people find you another board you panic because word will get out that you totally flaked as a HOSTESS Not as a swapper but someone where people sent you a lot of handmade items and $3.85! WHich if you guess there are at least 10 people in the swap, probably more you now have over $40 of other people's money.
So again instead of shifting all of the blame on people who didn't understand, weren't sympathetic enough and patient YOU should take the responsiblity and admit you screwed the swap up and didn't communicate with THIS board!
THe only thing I can really say which I think it sums it all up
The TRUTH HURTS People had a right to be upset!

OK I have not posted because I really have tried to have an open attitude and give Kathy the benefit of the doubt. I have PMd several times before and during the swap. We had conversations about eyelets and so forth. She was looking for Mickey punches so I picked up a Mickey swirl punch and a mini Mickey punch that she wanted. I didn't tell her I was doing this and she didn't ask me to. I sent this to her as a thank you for hosting the swap. Big swap and I knew how much trouble it is to host one that size. Along with that I sent her extra money (cash) to make sure there was enough to cover shipping my swap back because I was in both groups. I am not saying this to pat myself on the back and say oh how nice of you or to imply I think Kathy is going to keep it along with my swap stuff. I am saying this because I want to say to Kathy that I am very hurt with her. I haven't received an answer to any of my recent PMs, all of them nice. I truly am sorry you were sick. I have been praying for you and wanted to believe the best. I still believe that but I am hurt that you would say we upset you and hurt your feelings. You can't even communicate with us. That I do not understand. These are some of the most wonderful ladies I have ever met. They are very forgiving and totally understand when life gets in the way. It happens to all of us. Come back to the boards. Let us forgive you for the lack of communication and you forgive us. Life's too short to let something like this stand in the way of your happiness and having fun on this board. I honestly believe that if you had come to these ladies and said I am very sick would you mind if I put off mailing this swap until I am better everyone would have been fine with that. If you could not contact us yourself have someone else do it for you. You are hurting yourself by turning away from such an awesome group. Put yourself in our shoes. How would you have felt if you had spent so much time on a swap, which I am sure you did, and you still had not heard from the hostess. We can all put ourselves in your place and can relate to the sickness, but I do not think anyone would deny that they would have handled it different from you. Just post a quick message that you are sick or have someone else do it. I have a dear friend from this board that is very very sick. Even though she is sick she finds the time and strength to occassionally check in or get her dh to do it for her. Again I am very very sorry that you were sick. I am so very thankful you are well and really hope you will rethink things.

I am not in the swap -
but it is DISGUSTING

that your hostess has the nerve to go awol -
but is on other boards...

THEN comes back all p*ssy cuz everyone is mad!

HELLO
have you ever heard the term - put yourself in someone elses shoes...

These kind people TRUSTED you with their special items they made, their postal money - and even sent gifts!

Forgiveness could happen -

but not if the situation is rectified

and running away does NOT rectify it!

oh and by the way - e-mail me if you need someone to fill the spot in that stocking swap :mad: that she has yet to acknowledge now that she is feeling better

I just got my mail and there is nothing. I am in California so probably one of the closer recipients to Kat...

Holiday mail is slowing things down a bit so everything does take a few extra days....

Kathy, in case you haven't sent stuff out yet, and are not feeling up to sorting and mailing, just let us know. If you want to throw everything into a box and send it to me, I will be glad to finish sorting and packaging so we can get the items back out to the ladies. I hope you are feeling better and not relapsing. I realize that reading these posts may have been upsetting but we are all just trying to get things resolved.

I have but one package in my house and that is because I can't figure out who it goes to. Here is a list of names that I mailed out in group 2..If your name is NOT on this list please let me know. So everyone should be getting them anyday now. Again, I am so very sorry for the lack of communication on my part and for messing this up so badly. I ask for your forgiveness. I've enjoyed my days here and hope I will not be totally outcasted for this one major blunder.

Here is a list of the names if your name isn't on here please PM me your address and I will get oyur packages out ASAP.

Dena, Jeanne, Michelle, Kelli, Penny, Jenn, Emily, Darlene, Noemi, Vicki, Jackie.

Thank you for your continued patience and I again am so very sorry.

Kathy

I think it's my dd, I pm'd you. updated: it wasn't my dd!

Again, I am so very sorry for the lack of communication on my part and for messing this up so badly. I ask for your forgiveness. I've enjoyed my days here and hope I will not be totally outcasted for this one major blunder.

I too hope and pray that this won't happen. Having survived a serious illness I know that the last thing I would think about in the hospital would be this...even if it was the stomach flu - I have a hard time remembering to feed DD when I'm sick! Kudos to you for having the courage to post again...take care of yourself. :grouphug:

My name is not on the list. I am in both groups, so I put a note in with my stuff to send it all together. Could it be me your missing? I'll PM you my information just in case it is.

Yes it was you thanks I will get it out today.

Kathy

pattyT said:
HELLO
have you ever heard the term - put yourself in someone elses shoes...

Okay, I am not participating in this swap but I have to open up my big mouth now. For days I've been wanting to say something, but this post put me over the edge because this is EXACTLY what I've been thinking, except not for the swap people, for Kathy.

I don't *know* Kathy, but I'm in a CJ with her and after seeing pictures of her family and reading her journalling I have a sense about her and I just know that she would never do any of the things people were speculating about - keeping them, selling them on Ebay, or just generally flaking. I knew it had to be that she was sick or someone in her family was sick or something like that.

So then she surfaced and said she was sick. And I would have been incredibly hurt too to read the things people were saying. What got me was the people who didn't back down at that point and said she still should've communicated. I just wanted to stand up and scream "STOP! Listen to yourselves. Put yourself in someone else's shoes!"

I hope that it was just the flu or something non-serious, but when someone says "hospital reports" like she said when she returned, my mind goes somewhere else. What if she got some terrible news? What if it was something really serious? So I put myself in her shoes and imagined what it would be like for me.

For those of you that say who say she should have been able to get someone to send a message, I want to let you all know something - we don't all have people that could post here for us if we were unable. The people in my life on a daily basis with access to my computer, my husband and my father, barely know how to turn the computer on, let alone email or post on a message board. I may have some friends that would know how to do so, but if I were to ask them, and try to explain how to find the site or what to do - if I were really sick they would probably say, "That can wait. Just take care of yourself first."

There's some misinformation floating around and people are basing things on that. So I took the time to read through all the posts from 11-15 on and wanted to clear a few dates up:
The swap started out late because as of 10-25 she was still waiting for people to send things. On 11-7 she posted she was sick with the flu and on 11-10 she was on bed rest. Everyone was understanding. Her last post here was on 11-16 and she said she was trying to sort things out. She did post on LP on 11-20, then neither place again until 11-30. So the difference between LP and DIS was only 4 days. Then there was computer silence for 10 days. As far as the people who posted about PM data one said that she had read one from 11-18 but not from 11-22. I can't see from all of this why anyone would say she was running around to other message boards and reading PMs all over the place. Some of you are crucifying her for a difference of 4 days - AND people here didn't start getting mad and speculatory until around 11-22, at which point she was neither place and was likely not reading any of those messages.

I'm not saying she was perfect - I can see that it was very confusing that she said they were going to be mailed or were mailed. Obviously there were some mistakes made. What I'm reacting to is the response the whole thing elicited from many of you. I don't know - this whole thing has really turned me off to these boards. Many people are being nice and understanding. And then some people (who aren't even involved in the swap) are being super judgemental and critical. It would certainly make me think twice about participating in anything here.

Kathy, I hope you are feeling better. I hope this all gets put behind everyone soon.

Kat,

I wouldn't want to see you outcasted, just hope that in the future there will be better communication. I am no frequent poster, in any sense of the word but I do communicate if things are going bad. Get well, have a great holiday season with your family, and hopefully in the new year, things will get back on track.

Penny

New England Eeyor I am sure some of your comments were directed to me, fine no problems with that at all you have your right to your opinion.
Sure it is great to say walk in the other persons shoes....thankfully I have not had personally any serious health issues that I have been in the hospital. Also lets walk in the swappes shoes too...When KatDisney said she had some health issues what were the responses? Mean? Harsh? No they were take care of youself, thanks for letting us know ETC....Then the stuff was suppose to have been mailed That is when people got concerned. I do understand it when things happen and you miss dead lines or even mess up a swap (been there done that and the ladies on here were fantastic but I was upfront with them and they helped me), the thing is communication. That is what didn't happen and if someone could read the board and post on another board then they were able to do so here. I think that is all everyone was asking. An update or something. That has now happen so it is time to move on.:)
I have been around this board for a long time, involved in lots of swaps where problems have come up. I think all of use including your post can also be judgemental and yes it could be and can be wrong. But again no one really knows anyone here. A few of us have met and have a connection but for the majority we are just a bunch of cute Disney names.
I hope that kat Disney con't to post on this board and feel she can be apart of the group. Now that she is up front with everyone I have no problems. Look forward to what she has to say in future post.
By your post count you are new and welcome to this board it is a great group of people.
I hope that you stick around and see what a great group this really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter