• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Charge for extra adult?

wdwfreak

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if they charge you for an extra adult if you book a Disney Resort through DVC? I know that as long as you don't exceed the given number of people in a DVC room (VWL, BWV, etc.), there is no extra charge, i.e. you can have 4 adults in a Studio.

However, if, for example, you book AKL through DVC, can you have 4 adults, or is there an extra charge, just like for non-DVCers who book the room?

Also, has anyone ever excedd the number of people in a DVC room? Did you get caught?

Yes, you are subject to the extra adult charge. It doesn't matter if you book the room via MS or CRO. The policies of the hotel you choose apply, not those of the DVC properties.

The question of exceeding the number of people in a DVC room is controversial and a touchy subject for DVC members who frequent this board.

Perhaps someone who access to the "old boards" will post the link to one of the old threads.

If you are booking a non-DVC room with points through MS, how would the additional adult charge be charged? In extra points or cash?

Cash, credit card, etc. You can take care of the specific arrangements at check-in.

This has been discussed previously so I spoke with Member Services today for the correct policy. When you book outside of DVC Resorts, into the World of Disney Resorts Hotels, you will be allowed the maximum occupancy of the room using your points. In other words, if you booked four adults for the Polynesian on points, they are all covered under your point payment. That does make it a bit more attractive considering how many more points it takes to book those resorts versus booking at the DVC resorts on points. Hope this helps clarify the situation. :)

CarolAnnK-

Thanks for the info on the official policy. I stand corrected.

Carol

My wife & I used our DVC points to stay at the Beach Club in December '99. We had five adults stay a single room, with
no extra charge. There were two double beds and a sofa that
also served as a twin bed. It was a little crowded, but it didn't matter, we were at Disney!:D

I had checked on this at the time we bought in--it was another attractive feature of DVC for me should we ever decide to use our points at a non-DVC WDW resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter