Charles

tardin1964

DIS Veteran
I just have to say that Charles has become one of my favorites on the various shows. I think it took him a little while to find his grove, but he consistently produces the best one liners week in and week out. His line about Pier One from the Best and Worst of show on Worst Queues was laugh out loud funny. And I love his overall take things. All the content the team has been putting out lately has been extremely enjoyable. Keep up the great work. It's very much appreciated and is a god send for people like me with long commutes.

I agree that he has settled in and found his place. That's pretty normal from what I've seen over the years. No matter what your background is, it's hard to be the new kid on the block and fit in. In any ensemble cast, everyone has to find their niche so that the team meshes well.

I will admit that I wasn't a big fan when he started but I've definitely come to enjoy his contributions a lot more over time as he has clearly gotten more comfortable in his role.

As always, Pete has a great talent for picking good people to join his team.

Yes, Charles is definitely coming into his own, and I have been enjoying his (mostly) deadpan humor more and more the more it comes out. His line in the Worst Queues show I just watched of "It's like being in a power failure at a Pier One" (talking about all the wicker and Navi River Journey) CRACKED ME UP, even though I've never been in the queue. Among others. And he's always so freaking dapper! :)

I never understood the dislike for him - I thought he was a good addition from the first show he appeared in. I like his deadpan affect and his dry humour, and he is very intelligent and articulate. I appreciate that he seems to know a lot about food, so his opinion is worth listening to. He is definitely one of my favourites.

Also, since we are discussing the podcast cast: I could listen to John read the phone book all day. He has a very soothing voice.

I will admit that I wasn't a big fan when he started but I've definitely come to enjoy his contributions a lot more over time as he has clearly gotten more comfortable in his role.

As always, Pete has a great talent for picking good people to join his team.

Same. I bumped into him on Main St back in November and I’ve got to say, he seemed like a great guy. I really enjoyed speaking with him -I’m glad he has worked out so well.

Charles has definitely found his groove. I liked him from the beginning, but he's definitely grown more comfortable.

Here's what I like about his contribution(that nobody has mentioned yet)....he knows what he doesn't know. He doesn't chime in on conversations where he's not well-versed or familiar with what's being discussed. I'm not saying other members of the team do that, but he will even occasionally go so far as to say that he's not experienced enough with something to offer an adequate take on it. Or he'll give a bit of background info to set the context for his opinion. And it's not talking "just to talk", he's setting the stage for why he's come to the conclusion he's come to.

Again, other team members aren't the opposite, he just goes out of his way to explain himself first. Or goes out of his way not to say anything at all. And I think both of those are good things.

I thought there was a line he said about the Soarin' queue being akin to a 1980's bowling alley or something along that line; it was an instant classic. I see a new t-shirt coming with Bodaisms.

I think it specifically was referring to it as Bowling Alley Restaurant ... which, as someone who went to bowling alley restaurants in the 80's is pretty spot on

I enjoy his type of humor in general so I think I was fine with him from the start - but then I read a few of his articles and he would line in there like the one people are mentioning here and that is where I came to appreciate him even more

I have to agree! He is a great addition to the show.

He’s thoughtful and articulate, and the deadpan humor is definitely my jam. The “Pier One” line that so many others have referenced already, literally made me laugh out loud!

I'm a Charles fan too.

He did look a little uncomfortable at first but he has quickly settled in. As others have said he explains his opinions well, and most of the time I agree with them.

In my unqualified opinion, he exhibits his best inputs when not reading scripts (i.e. Daily Fix). He is loaded with an arsenal of knowledge and fully demonstrates his listening and communication skills when in a group discussion.

Besides, the man consistently wears a tie (can we see more bows?). Personally, I think it would be very unique and interesting to see one (1) DU episode where the entire panel sports ties (including the ladies if on the panel).:duck:

I hated wearing ties in my career, but understood the legacy and complied. Maybe Charles is a trendsetter for DU?

agreed across the board here. like any new regular member of the crew it takes a little while for them to fit in and for you as a listener to get used to them. it didn't take long for me to realize the guy is funny, knowledgeable, and adds something new to the show. great fit, great addition.

I'm a Charles fan too.

He did look a little uncomfortable at first but he has quickly settled in. As others have said he explains his opinions well, and most of the time I agree with them.

I agree. He looked very unsure, and I wasn't super impressed. But, he's certainly found his style (personality, and fashion wise) and can dead pan a funny line like very few people can.

Not a fan of the vest look.... Besides that he fits in nicely with the group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter