Charley's Steak House!!!!!!/ ON 192!!!

chip64

Mouseketeer
Don't know if this board is the right 1 to put this post on, but here goes! 1st of all we have been to WDW several times and have seen many advertisements for this establishment, and were curious to venture outside the "World", so we did. The restaurant itself isn't so bad. The prices though are IMHO are VERY HIGH!!!. We went with 2 kids in tow and had steak, chicken, and 2 kids meals with 2 deserts, and 1 beer with drinks and it came to 88.98 without the tip! Please keep in mind that the chicken that my wife ate literally looked like 2 quarters with pineapple rings and cheeries as a garnish and that is not an exaggeration! The steak was VERY and I do mean VERY heavy with an OAK WOOD SMOKE!!!! This literally overpowered the steak itself, which was a ribeye. Flavor enough by itself in my honest opinion! The deserts were OK, the best was a chocolate type desert that came to $7.95 per slice!!!!! I ordered the key lime pie which was around $4.95 per slice! Believe you me, I should have picked what my wife picked and went with the chocolate pie thing, which was hinestly MUCH BETTER!! Ok, enough said, did this, tried this, and WOULDN'T DO THIS AGAIN FOR THE PRICE, not woth it!!!! Good luck, CHIP&JANET!!!!!

Thanks for posting, sorry you didn't enjoy your meal. We've learned to always check the menu at a new place before we sit down to make sure it's in a range we want to spend. Is it a dinnerhouse kind of place because 4 meals and dessert and cocktails--$90 doesn't sound that high to me. Of course, if it was more like an upscale burger joint... then that is kind of steep. Anyway, thanks for the heads up! I always like to hear the reviews on restaurants in the area because we always try new places off site.
Jenn

Chip, had you cut out the beer and desserts, you would have cut the bill by $20. Drinks and desserts are the 2 highest margin items in a restaurant.

I'd have complained about the chicken, though. No excuse for that small of a portion.

I have been to both of the Charlies' Steakhouses and absolutely loved them. (192 and Intnl drive) Our steaks were perfect. And I don't mind paying extra for a great cut. It was worth it to us. We loved the way they were grilled over the smokey wood chips, it was a great way to add flavor. The service was excellent and we gave them a great tip. We also filled out the suggestion cards and gave them all 4 stars....will definately go back there again. The desserts were to die for. Our last waiter was the "captain" and he gave us impeccable service. Just goes to show you that everyones is different when it comes to food....:)

We ate at Charley's 8 years ago on our Honeymoon and it was the best steak we've ever had. Can't wait to go back in November.

Martha

We've been eating and recommending Charleys since 84 and have never had a bad meal.
Admittedly the I drive and 192 restaurants are slightly higher priced ( read tourist traps) than the Original OBT branch the quality has always been excellent.
The Original Charleys on OBT offers with each meal an all you eat salad and French onion soup & bread bar. A 32oz porterhouse and salad etc was under $25, which we found very reasonble for the quality and standard of restaurant and its always in the top ten US independant steak houses.

Alright folks, listen up. Everyone's opinions can't be wrong! I guess maybe it was an off-night. The food wasn't that bad, but for the portions as far as my wife's chicken, I still honestly think it should have been better! When I say they were garnished with 2 different fruits that were bigger than the chicken, and believe you me that this is not an exaggeration,even I whom does not mind to spend money on a great meal, had a problem with that! However after having said all of this, let's put this to rest and maybe say we just had an off-night! Chip.

I really did appreciate your post. I've gone to lots of restaurants that other people have loved and found it not so hot! Different strokes! But again, thanks for posting!
Jenn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter