Chatter on other sites - no travel agency discounts for next year?

Farro

Argh.
People are saying they are receiving emails from travel agencies they normally use that Disney is not giving them the agency exclusive discounts for next year.

I don't take anything I read on the internet at face value, because people start to panic.

Have you all read anything about this? I can't imagine Disney would take that away.

Wow, I’m intrigued. Have not heard this yet, I hope it isn’t true.

I think it's just a case of we are all hyper aware of discounts this time around because of Galaxy's Edge. I think Disney just didn't release the rates yet.

I'm sure there will be exclusive rates offered. :)

Intriguing. Could certainly be true, if Disney thinks they have enough demand they can fill hotels on their own they definitely shouldn’t be giving extra big type discounts to large TAs. What will be more intriguing is will the rooms still be available to wholesalers like Orbitz? Personally I would ask any agencies you work with, if they’re sending out emails to clients they should be able to tell you straight up.

Intriguing. Could certainly be true, if Disney thinks they have enough demand they can fill hotels on their own they definitely shouldn’t be giving extra big type discounts to large TAs. What will be more intriguing is will the rooms still be available to wholesalers like Orbitz? Personally I would ask any agencies you work with, if they’re sending out emails to clients they should be able to tell you straight up.

We already downgraded (well, we'll see if we think it's a downgrade) from Yacht to the new Tower at Coronado Springs - over $600 a night at Yacht Club with possibility of no discounts was just too much. :)
A new water view room in Grand Destino Tower was about $300 less a night!

I'm booked with Dreams for November, but my "magical TA" has not sent me such an email.

I'm still hopeful that there will be some kind of discount for this fall.

I'm booked with Dreams for November, but my "magical TA" has not sent me such an email.

I'm still hopeful that there will be some kind of discount for this fall.

I think they still have the room exclusive rates for 2019. :)

I'm sure they will for 2020, just not released yet. Everyone is just on edge!

Well I will tell you that the discount on my one night stay at POR this past Spring was only like 15-16%. A joke. But the discount on the tickets I got with it more than made up for it. It didn't used to be like this. The discounts used to be far greater on the rooms, so there might just be something to this. I am wondering if the discounts on the tickets will subside as well.

Honestly, it wouldn’t surprise me, but I’d be super disappointed as I’m hoping to book one of these deals next year. I guess we’ll have to wait and see. I think it’s too early to know for certain.

As a PP said, I do like the discounted tickets, especially the free water park day (or one of the other options) they come with. I’d really miss those savings.

Well I will tell you that the discount on my one night stay at POR this past Spring was only like 15-16%. A joke. But the discount on the tickets I got with it more than made up for it. It didn't used to be like this. The discounts used to be far greater on the rooms, so there might just be something to this. I am wondering if the discounts on the tickets will subside as well.

I didn’t think the discounts were as great as they’ve been in the past already last year when we booked our trip; however, the savings were better than any discounts offered through Disney.

I saw some guys from a Disney podcast post on Twitter that one of the discount agencies was probably not going to get deal for 2020 while another would. I guess we'll see, but that would be a bummer if they weren't able to offer that -- and it makes me very nervous about any sort of AP discount for rooms next year too. And I'm also wondering what the bouncebacks for next year will look like...

I saw some guys from a Disney podcast post on Twitter that one of the discount agencies was probably not going to get deal for 2020 while another would. I guess we'll see, but that would be a bummer if they weren't able to offer that -- and it makes me very nervous about any sort of AP discount for rooms next year too. And I'm also wondering what the bouncebacks for next year will look like...
This might really hit those TA hard.

I'm not counting on one of these agencies next year to give me a good deal because we would like specific resorts. Unless, they just have a deal that is too good, but I doubt it. 🤷‍♀️Sad, if some were getting a deal and others weren't.

People are saying they are receiving emails from travel agencies they normally use that Disney is not giving them the agency exclusive discounts for next year.

I don't take anything I read on the internet at face value, because people start to panic.

Have you all read anything about this? I can't imagine Disney would take that away.

I got one of these emails from my TA

This might really hit those TA hard.
I agree. I felt really bad, but my TA asked me to book at rack rate for now, but I declined. We go the week between Xmas and New Year's and I just won't pay those prices. She did say that things might change as the year goes on. It's a wait and see I guess.

Ya, my whopping 15-18% discount at POR was a joke this year, but the ticket discount was good. That is the only reason I booked with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!