Che Fartsmith's Is the (Starts with B) Trash! No, BEST! 2 weeks of Disney Dining! Update: 10/28

Following! Congrats on the wedding. Looking forward to more of the report. I love the cost breakdown and savings!

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed your fancy brunch experience!

It was a good way to start our first full day of our vacation!

:rotfl: when we did Narcoossee's brunch one of us ordered this too and it was also totally meh. Luke nailed the description perfectly!

Yeah, I tried a bite and was really underwhelmed...

No booing from me! To each her own, and so glad that this was prepared perfectly for you. The potatoes sound fantastic too!

Those potatoes were so amazing...I'm sad the brunch doesn't exist anymore because I'd go back just for those!

From experience, they don't fare well after a lot of transport, anyhow!
I'm pretty sure ours were run through a flavor vacuum but yours look much nicer. Maybe they were more fresh or something?

I'm not a huge dessert person, so they might have actually been terrible and I wouldn't know any differently haha. The chocolate one tasted like chocolate though - so that's a win haha.

Really? I hadn't heard that! We're planning on going again in November. I hope it's still great! We were not too sad to see the Narcoossee's brunch go since our one experience was enough for me to know we wouldn't go back. I know a few Disers loved it though and I hate that Disney doesn't offer more great brunch options. To this day, I still don't understand why they ran both Narcoossee's and California Grill brunch both on Sunday only. Wouldn't it have made more sense and given them both a chance to do well if they'd done one on Saturday and one on Sunday?

That's what I've been thinking! Offering the brunches on different days probably would have really helped attendance at Narcoossee's.

I've read a few reviews lately about Cali Grill brunch being just ok - I hope it's not the case, since I do want to try it on our May trip next year! I think that's one of the plans for our weekend isn't it?

Good thinking on the AP discount. I have been wondering what to do for our meal on (US) Thanksgiving - we have been planning to visit the Universal parks that day anyway but if we end up having dinner at Disney I will have to remember to ask about AP discounts.

Obviously the AP discount wasn't as great as the TIW discount, but it was nice to save something.

That brunch looks lovely! Though when I saw the picture of Luke's meal I totally though McNuggets too :laughing:

The desserts looked beautiful. Glad you enjoyed the experience!

I really enjoyed my meal, it's just too bad that Luke's wasn't that great. He still enjoyed the experience though - even if he did pay $70 for McNuggets :rotfl:

We love Narcoossee's for dinner but never got to try the brunch, however we've always had wonderful steak there!
Luke's meal does seem.....disappointing lol but I'm sure the mimosas softened the blow a bit :laughing: The view from outside is great, as is the view of HEA (and Wishes RIP). I just love going out there when they start as they pipe the music in.

Caught up and want to say congrats on your wedding in disney! I can’t wait to read about special food you had :lovestruc loving the food costs you put at end of each dining review. Very helpful!

Thank you!

I love the reports that include costs, so I made sure to track everything for this trip so I can include it with every review :)

You and Luke sound like Tyler and me! Even though I have expensive taste (lol) we never go anywhere fancy but we are going to on our honeymoon! We were going to do brunch at Narcoosses but it got cancelled but I’m glad we didn’t really miss much. I also love Tony’s! I love the movie (Tyler and my’s MDE account has us as lady and the tramp) and I think the restaurant is adorable and had decent food!

I was pleasantly surprised by Tony’s! I still won’t be rushing back on our next trip, but it’s definitely an option for the future!

I am not fancy at all haha, and I always feel out of place at fancier restaurants since I don’t understand the menu haha :confused3

Loving this so far. Sounds like your experience at Tony's was better than most people's. I think they go in expecting authentic Italian, when what you actually get is American Italian. Brunch at Narcoossee's looked amazing, I can't say I fancy the Cali Grill option but seriously considering brunch at Homecomin' since they just extended it to Saturdays too. Although, now reading your reviews, I think it will always be Che Fartsmiths from now on :rotfl:

A little late, but happy to say I made it...:P
We were surprisingly pleased with Tony's in June. I had VERY low expectations, but ended up being happy with our dining choice!!!
LOVED Narcoossee's brunch, and was very disappointed it came to an end. But, we still dine there for dinner just about every time we visit WDW. We have reservations in October...
Brunch at the Top is EXCELLENT!!!! It is actually one of my favorite dining experiences in Disney.
Looking forward to hearing more!!!!!

We had Narcoosee's brunch in May last year. We thought it was quite good. I had the bloody mary which was crazy good. I got the steak and eggs too which I liked. The potatoes were very tasty. My friend had the chicken n waffles. I can't remember if I had any though but she said she liked it. It looks really good though so maybe it looks better than it tastes, LOL.

Haha, glad I'm not the only one!

That's a really big jar of salmon mixture, I don't feel like the bread to salmon ratio would've been enough even if he was scooping out half the jar each time :confused:

There's a good chance he actually didn't know what to do, and was eating it wrong haha.

Yeah, it was disappointing. And this from someone who loves McNuggets every once in awhile haha.

:laughing: so does Josh!

My grandmother used to fry up bacon, then cook our scrambled eggs in the bacon grease - so bad for you, but so delicious! It browned the eggs up really nice too! Hahaha

I don't know if other people felt that way, but we did, and I wouldn't spend money on it again. It was very disappointing.

I think I'd still like to try the Cali Grill Brunch, but it won't be until our trip next year. I've heard that some people still love it, some hate it, and everything in between.

Odd that they wouldn't allow you to order another entree as I thought at both CG and Narcoossee's that was part of how they justified the price. Having never done the Narcoossee's brunch and speaking with little authority, I think CG really is the better "value." Between the amazing "buffet" options and multiple entree choices you really can't go wrong. I hadn't heard that quality went down hill but I can attest it was top notch in November.

I I probably should have come right out and asked for a second entree (I thought I was being quite obvious when I told our server I couldn't decide between two options -but his response was "oh". He didn't even try to tell me which one was better). Maybe we just had a bad server?

Even though Luke didn't love his meal, he felt he got his value out of the Mimosa's haha.

I do want to try the brunch at Cali Grill, we've talked about trying to fit it in next May.

I was thinking the same thing- at the CG brunch, I had 3 entrees, sushi and all kinds of extras! I thought that the Narcoossee's brunch would've been similar, but it looks like it wasn't. Maybe that's why its gone?

I feel like the Narcoossee's Brunch would have been much more successful had they offered it on Saturday instead - then you don't make people choose between there or Cali Grill, and a lot of people would have probably gone to both.[/QUOTE]

...oh, and following along! :)

Welcome, and thanks for joining in!

Following! Congrats on the wedding. Looking forward to more of the report. I love the cost breakdown and savings!

Thanks for reading!

I'm a bit of a math nerd who loves numbers, so I always love seeing how we did compared to our predictions and I thought others might like to see it as well :)

We love Narcoossee's for dinner but never got to try the brunch, however we've always had wonderful steak there!
Luke's meal does seem.....disappointing lol but I'm sure the mimosas softened the blow a bit :laughing: The view from outside is great, as is the view of HEA (and Wishes RIP). I just love going out there when they start as they pipe the music in.

Haha, he had zero complaints about the mimosas! I also enjoyed my meal, the steak was cooked perfectly for me and the potatoes were delicious.

The view was great, and I'd definitely be up for a visit back there for supper sometime!

Following. I love that you share your calculations. Congratulations on your wedding!!

Welcome! Thanks for joining in!

There's a few other dining reports that share the numbers, and I love it!

Thank you for including numbers, love seeing that! Congrats on your wedding!

Thank you! As I've mentioned to a few others, I'm a bit of a math nerd haha!

Loving this so far. Sounds like your experience at Tony's was better than most people's. I think they go in expecting authentic Italian, when what you actually get is American Italian. Brunch at Narcoossee's looked amazing, I can't say I fancy the Cali Grill option but seriously considering brunch at Homecomin' since they just extended it to Saturdays too. Although, now reading your reviews, I think it will always be Che Fartsmiths from now on :rotfl:

Thanks for joining in!

We went in thinking Tony's would be comparable to The Olive Garden - and that's about correct haha.

We actually have a reservation for the Homecomin' Brunch during our trip in December! I'm excited to try it (although I'll more than likely just order off the regular menu anyways haha). My next review which will be posted later today is actually for Che Farthsmiths!

A little late, but happy to say I made it...:P
We were surprisingly pleased with Tony's in June. I had VERY low expectations, but ended up being happy with our dining choice!!!
LOVED Narcoossee's brunch, and was very disappointed it came to an end. But, we still dine there for dinner just about every time we visit WDW. We have reservations in October...
Brunch at the Top is EXCELLENT!!!! It is actually one of my favorite dining experiences in Disney.
Looking forward to hearing more!!!!!

Thanks for joining!

Tony's was fine by us, we're not fancy people at all, and I would go back again (not every trip though).

I think Narcoossee's needs to be placed on our list for a normal supper sometime. Same as CG Brunch...

Jumping in on this and your trip report!

Thanks for joining in!

We had Narcoosee's brunch in May last year. We thought it was quite good. I had the bloody mary which was crazy good. I got the steak and eggs too which I liked. The potatoes were very tasty. My friend had the chicken n waffles. I can't remember if I had any though but she said she liked it. It looks really good though so maybe it looks better than it tastes, LOL.

I did enjoy my steak a lot, and those potatoes - yum!

Che Fartsmith's
December 31, 2017

Easily one of our favourite meals from our 2017 trip was at Homecomin’. We actually loved it so much that we decided it was the perfect venue for our wedding reception- fried chicken while wearing a wedding dress? Yes please! We knew we would not be brave enough to enter any of the theme parks on New Year’s Eve, so we planned on spending time in Disney Springs that night. Despite having the reception booked at Homecomin’ the following week, we decided we needed to eat there on our own as well. We made a late reservation, 8:50pm since we were going to be volunteering at Give Kids the World until 6pm and we weren’t sure how long it would take to get back to Disney property.

After walking around Disney Springs, we checked in to Homecomin’ early where they told us we probably wouldn’t be seated until our ADR time since they were busy. They handed us a pager, and Luke decided to run to the public bathroom right across from the restaurant since we were expecting a 15-20 minute wait. Of course, the pager went off about 90 seconds later and we were led to a table in the bar side of the restaurant. - I was excited for a minimal wait since I'd been dreaming about their food haha!
We were handed menus which we didn’t really need since we knew exactly what we both wanted to order already.​

825117C6-EB7A-4C44-8744-14D9CC965D9C-e1536511007260-225x300.jpeg

AAB0D407-B6BE-42B2-A1AE-D4DBAA444D07-e1536511027164-225x300.jpeg

Of course, first up were drinks! I ordered my favourite, the Moonshine Mash - watermelon infused moonshine, fresh watermelon, lime juice and simple syrup, $12. My drink was as delicious as I remembered it, and it was not the last one I had on this trip...

8739309E-082A-4B53-9F61-A36C60FE9320-e1536511070943-225x300.jpeg

Luke opted for the Rumshine Punch - strawberry rumshine, blackberry brandy, banana liqueur, pineapple juice and house-made grenadine, $12

0F06DD15-D34F-4DED-8254-52D7FEA25417-e1536511105596-225x300.jpeg

For food, we both pretty much knew what we wanted before we even got there. Luke wanted a few appetizers so he ordered the Church Lady Deviled Eggs - HFK style whole deviled eggs, $12 and the Thigh-High Chicken Biscuits - three biscuits topped with Chef Art Smith's famous fried chicken thighs and bread and butter pickles. Drizzled with honey, $15.

D2A11EAF-8F53-4BE4-88B1-D9EEFB559EBF-300x225.jpeg

85A1CFB6-EC59-4D4F-BFB0-3060EA81E49C-300x225.jpeg

Luke had tried the deviled eggs the previous year, and they once again did not disappoint. I rarely (if ever eat eggs), so I skipped trying these. The chicken biscuits were a new item for us to try, but we'd read/heard lots of great things about them - and they were fantastic! I'm not even a big fan of chicken thighs, I prefer white meat, but this stuff was cooked so well I enjoyed it. I'm also not a big fan of pickles, so I did remove those from the few bites I had, but the honey was a nice addition to the already delicious biscuits. Luke loves their hot sauce, and added it to both his eggs and his chicken biscuits.

I wanted fried chicken, so I ordered Art’s Famous Fried Chicken - buttermilk brined for 24 hours then perfectly fried served with creamy mashed potatoes and a cheddar drop biscuit, $28.​

9DAE959B-1FED-4126-8565-4712245FB93B-300x225.jpeg

At one point, Luke asked me if I was angry at him for something since I was being so quiet - I was just too busy stuffing my face with fried chicken that I didn’t even realize I wasn’t talking! I guess that’s a sign I was enjoying my meal haha. The chicken is so juicy and tender, the cheddar drop biscuits are amazing (I’ve heard that the secret ingredient in those is cream cheese, but I have no proof of this) and the mashed potatoes were creamy and delicious. I did have a side of gravy as well - which is southern sausage gravy and has a really great flavour!

87ABE26F-953F-43F8-BFF6-59DBDB18D95F-e1536524472371-225x300.jpeg

At some point, Luke ordered another drink, a Muleshine - Tim Smith's Climax Moonshine, peach puree, fresh lime juice and a splash of Q Spectacular Ginger Beer, $13.

2AA4C6B9-1829-4D61-AB2E-039D1CED25BB-e1536515780388-225x300.jpeg

Luke loves mules, so I'm surprised he didn't start with this drink! He actually preferred his first drink a bit more, but there was nothing left of this one.

Despite being stuffed, there’s always room for dessert when you’re at Homecomin’ - there's only a few options, but all the ones we've tried have been great!

6DEF9417-75CC-41DB-8F7A-06DAE0353A78-e1536515928578-225x300.jpeg

We decided to share something, so we ordered a slice of Hamilton County Chocolate Pecan Pie - a 100 year-old traditional Smith Family Farm recipe. Served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, $10.​

05261038-0364-433F-83B7-E16DFE4F6973-e1536515846618-225x300.jpeg

This was amazing - my new favourite dessert! It seriously doesn't look like much, but it was so rich and chocolately and filled with pecans - and those pecans by the scoop of ice cream were candied -yum! We actually have one of Chef Art Smith's cookbooks, and Luke made this pie one day. It turned out really well, and was so delicious!

The place was really busy this night, since it was NYE. People were having a good time, and since we were sitting beside the bar we could see the amount of drinks the bartenders were making - it was a lot. The service was a little slow that night, since it was one of the bartenders assigned to our table - but no real complaints!

Our total bill came to $100.64 after saving 10% with my annual pass.
TIW black out day - But I was able to save 10% using my Annual Pass
Predicted food budget: $2631.67
Estimated Cost of this meal: $152.30 ( I budgeted more drinking, it was NYE after all! But, we were tired and didn't feel like any more)
Actual Cost: $100.64
Over/Under: Under by $51.66
Remaining: $2346.73

Despite having the reception booked at Homecomin’ the following week, we decided we needed to eat there on our own as well.
This is a bit like how we're having lunch with Raeven and Josh next weekend here, but thinking of going for dinner too on our trip... :rotfl:
I'm not even a big fan of chicken thighs, I prefer white meat, but this stuff was cooked so well I enjoyed it. I'm also not a big fan of pickles, so I did remove those from the few bites I had, but the honey was a nice addition to the already delicious biscuits.
I love these! I'm usually a white meat person too, and am also not a pickle fan. But they're so good! I even gave the pickles a shot and actually liked them!

Looks like a great meal! Making me hungry at work, my dinner will not hold up to this...

Your meal at Homecomin looks great as always. Who can go wrong with biscuits and fried chicken? Also glad you enjoyed all the moonshine!

The chicken biscuits were a new item for us to try, but we'd read/heard lots of great things about them - and they were fantastic! I'm not even a big fan of chicken thighs, I prefer white meat, but this stuff was cooked so well I enjoyed it. I'm also not a big fan of pickles, so I did remove those from the few bites I had, but the honey was a nice addition to the already delicious biscuits. Luke loves their hot sauce, and added it to both his eggs and his chicken biscuits.
Ok those biscuits look great! I may have to try those as an entree, but I also have so many other places I want to try at Disney Springs! But I’ll add it back to the list!

Joining!

Congratulations on your wedding!

Tony's gets bashed around a lot on the boards, but I've eaten there many times and have never had a bad experience or meal. Glad you liked it too!

Homecomin' is amazing :love: I can't wait to get those deviled eggs again in October!

oh my! I want those chicken biscuits so bad! I think we are actually going to cancel our reservation and just try to get seats at the bar. I always feel bad just ordering drinks and an appetizer with a waitress!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!