Cheapest Disney Trip You’ve Ever Taken?

Sept 2004 - Me, DH, DS3, DS15 months
We flew for free on airline miles, and I was able to get the 7/4 package discount - 7 nights hotel room and Unlimited Park Hopper tickets (RIP) for the price of 4 nights. We stayed at ASMo and I think our package price was around $1200. We added a night at the beginning and a night at the end and they were discounted also, but I don't remember what the price was; I think rack rate was $79 or something at that time. We paid $125 round trip for a town car to get to and from the airport. We ended up adding yet another night at an airport to the beginning of the trip a couple days out because a hurricane was coming through the day we were supposed to arrive, and I think that was the more expensive than just about anything else we did. We were able to change our plane tickets at no charge because of the weather. Our food budget was $100/day, and that included a TS/character meal each day, and plenty of snacks.

Last edited:
Wife and I went in May 2008 for 3 weeks. We drove down from DE. We stayed 3 weeks in timeshares that were obtained from skyauction for about 550 total. We bought 10 day tickets with water parks. I think those were around 400 each. We also spent a couple days in universal which was cheap at the time. I think those were around 150. We ate a lot of meals in the time share going out occasionally. We rarely if ever ate in the parks. 2 nights in a hotel coming and going along with a couple of activities using groupon for our off days were added. I know the total came to around 2100. We spent some on groceries which I do not count. I feel that money would be spent at home too. I am sure that price has a lot to do with the economy at the time.

Probably 2005 - 2006. Southwest Vacations had a promo for:

Round trip flights from Louisville (and other locations, but that’s where I live)
7 days at a value resort
7 day Park Hopper tickets
Dining plan (back when it included tips and appetizers)

$599 per person (double occupancy)

We went in Sept. $430 for airfare for 4 of us. And a 3 bed/2 bath condo 10 days for $800 at Windsor Hills. However we have annual passes so I can't tell you about tickets.

February 12-116 2018.
Total cost was $630.
Had points with SWA.
Stayed standard at ASMu with a Disney Visa discount. (Hated it and will never stay there again)
Got 3 day base ticket.
Ate QS.

In 2005 Fort Wilderness RV sites offered a 40% military discount! So our site was $26/night! We stayed 10 nights for $260!

I researched and bought these 14 day tickets that was for people international but they were not limited to just them. They were really cheap but I can't remember how much though. It also included a ticket for each person a free character meal! The tickets were called something like Sunshine....

It was an unbelievable reasonable trip! ha My kids were 5, 5 and 9 and 9. Boy oh boy I miss those days!

Can't do this anymore. The hotel was bought/renovated/turned into a Quality Inn.

For about 3 years in a row (2011-2014) I was able to stay at a hotel that specialized in housing tour groups. I put up with large crowds, and noisy buses, but my cost with all taxes and fees was between 19 and 24 dollars a night! Sometimes I would stay for 10 days at a time for around 195-220 dollars including all taxes and fees. It was awesome.

Some years I was down there 30-35 nights a year! I had an AP, drove to WDW, ate cereal for breakfast, counter service lunch, dinner out in town for 3-6 bucks (fast food/Subway). Sometimes I would buy a Publix chicken meal and eat off that for a couple of days. (I had a fridge and microwave)

Last edited:
I have a super cheap trip coming up, but I'm not sure it's counts.
Airfare on points, I have an AP, and room is booked on DVC points, so I will only be paying for food and stuff, because I always buy lot's of stuff LOL.

Like others, sort of hard to say because we have had APs. But leaving tickets out of the equation.

For a 17 day trip, our lodging is about $1400. We stay offsite and rent a 4 bedroom condo/townhouse
Food is maybe $750 total, for all 5 of us. We bring our own food in.
We drive down from Atlanta, so gas is maybe $50 each way.

I have a super cheap trip coming up, but I'm not sure it's counts.
Airfare on points, I have an AP, and room is booked on DVC points, so I will only be paying for food and stuff, because I always buy lot's of stuff LOL.

Not tryin' to be mean...............but everything except for those DVC points seems like they could be considered "low cost".
Those DVC points cost a pretty penny to access and use. (like how much were your dues this year?, assuming you own the points)

A few years ago we planned a trip and stayed at my sisters time share for $400. We used points to fly. When we got to the airport and put in our credit card for id it only puled up my ticket so we had to wait for the 2 people working the baggage check area. We waited, and waited and waited some more. Once we were helped about 45 mins later we were told we would get our boarding passes at the gate. I should have known then to be worried very worried... Once we got to the gate we were told that since we were the last ones to check in we were bumped from our flight. I sort of flipped out which isn't the way I typically react but it was the winter of all winters and we had broken every snow record on the books and were expecting a huge snow storm later that day. I was so afraid we would get stuck. I hate to admit it but i was rude to the gate agent. After a few minutes of blowing off steam i went up to the agent and apologized since it clearly wasn't her fault. I did ask if we would be compensated. She explained to me that we would be very much compensated. I can't tell you the exact amount but it think it was 3 or 4 times the cost of your ticket. She pulled out a check and cut us a check for over $2000.00 one the spot. So basically we had a very cheap trip as we had purchased the 10 day park hopper no expiration tickets on the previous trip. I remember our son asking if they could now have $100 to spend instead of the $50 we always gave them. Heck yes son!! As an added bonus we got all of our points returned to our account too. It was worth the delay!

I should mention my cheapest trip was in 2017. My parents and I. It cost about 500 for each of us for room and tickets. 5 night, 4 day base ticket. All Star Music. And we drove.

$1500 for a full week for three, including airfare, Pop Century, meals, tickets. Want to say it was February 2009.

Not tryin' to be mean...............but everything except for those DVC points seems like they could be considered "low cost".
Those DVC points cost a pretty penny to access and use. (like how much were your dues this year?, assuming you own the points)
That is why I said mine probably didn't count. DVC contract was paid for in cash 17 years ago, so I wouldn't consider that. If you want the cost of due per point, this stay is $454.73. My dues were paid in full at the beginning of the year with discounted gift cards, so nothing else will be coming out of my pocket for my lodging when I go. That's why in my head it's super cheap.

That is why I said mine probably didn't count. DVC contract was paid for in cash 17 years ago, so I wouldn't consider that. If you want the cost of due per point, this stay is $454.73. My dues were paid in full at the beginning of the year with discounted gift cards, so nothing else will be coming out of my pocket for my lodging when I go. That's why in my head it's super cheap.
Hey.............you absolutely get a little extra credit for owning your points for so long. Good job!

We can go to Disneyland fairly inexpensively. It's about a 6 hour drive from our house. Since there are many off site hotels/motels within walking distance, we stayed offsite for less than $100 per night, including full, hot and cold breakfast. Park tickets were purchased with Disney Chase visa points, so we only had to pay for food in the parks. We don't do sit down and try to find the best value foods (trying to stay on the healthier side as well...we will make sure to get our sugar fix at Holly Jolly Bakery though). We also ate a few meals outside the park. It was a short 3 night trip, on the cheap, but just as fun. This was in September, 2016.

When going to WDW, since we have to fly, we don't go often, but tend to stay for at least 8-10 nights. Our least expensive was with a good room discount at POP. About 1/2 the nights were paid for with Disney Chase Visa points. We took magical express so we didn't need to rent a car. We packed oatmeal, bagels, peanut butter, and trail mix so we didn't have to buy breakfast; the trail mix would keep us from buying a $5 snack in the parks. We "window" shopped and only bought an ornament at Norway in Epcot to replace the one that broke at home. We have so many mugs, t shirts, etc., that I just didn't need to buy anything at that saved a lot of money. We only did quick serve, except for lunch at Be Our Guest (which, I guess is like quick serve) and Sana at AKL (for a cocktail, bread service and a shared entree....the bread service is huge for 2 people!). We went over menus at home at found, what we thought, would be the best quick serve meals. This was in January, 2018.

My points are accumulating again, so hoping to find a good hotel deal for Disneyland! Would love to visit the world again, though..........

Our cheapest trip was 2013... 2 adults, DS 5, DD 2. (No ticket, hotel, or food cost for DD.) We got Free Dining and stayed at ASMo for 6 nights. I think our package total was about $1600. The cost to drive, kennel the dog, and all other things considered (a few OOP meals, groceries, etc) ran about another $800, so total trip was right about $2400.

With kids growing, trips keep getting more expensive just due to ticket & food costs, even with other things remaining relatively flat. This trip coming up, I have a third Disney adult. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter