Cheapest easiest christmas goodies

dyna

DIS Veteran
It's that time again. I'm usually way ahead of the game here. Due to DH being ill for the past year and being out of town for a month to settle parents estate I'm way behind. I've missed the sales on supplies an DH buys nothing unless it's on sale but that another story... I'm tired still unloading my van putting stuff away that I brought home with me. My house is a wreck.

Please post your best cheapest easiest recipes.

This fudge is a proven winner! People will love it and want the recipe but DON'T give it to them - you won't want them to know how little effort you actually put into it: :rotfl2:

1 can sweetened condensed milk (use the flavoured ones for a little "something" extra)
2 cups chocolate chips (any kind - milk, semi-sweet, even chocolate mint)
1/2 tsp vanilla (use rum or almond extract instead if you feel like it)
1 tsp. butter
dash salt

Put the milk and chips in a saucepan and melt over low heat until they can be combined smoothly together. Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Pour onto a buttered plate. Throw on a few festive sprinkles before it completely sets up. Cool at room temperature until it's firm enough to cut.

A super easy recipe that uses few ingredients is soda cracker candy/cookies. It can also be known as toffee cookies or even praline cookies when made with graham crackers in place of the soda crackers and omitting the chocolate topping. Recipes involve lining a greased pan with crackers and then pouring a butter/brown sugar mixture over top before baking. They can be sprinkled with walnuts or pecans, have chocolate chips melted and spread on top, etc. I'm sure you can do a search on your own, but I will include an few links to give you an idea.

Toffee Graham Crack Bars
Soda Cracker Chocolate Candy
Graham Cracker Toffee

A super easy recipe that uses few ingredients is soda cracker candy/cookies. It can also be known as toffee cookies or even praline cookies when made with graham crackers in place of the soda crackers and omitting the chocolate topping. Recipes involve lining a greased pan with crackers and then pouring a butter/brown sugar mixture over top before baking. They can be sprinkled with walnuts or pecans, have chocolate chips melted and spread on top, etc. I'm sure you can do a search on your own, but I will include an few links to give you an idea.

Toffee Graham Crack Bars
Graham Cracker Toffee

I was just coming on here to post these. These are my go to Christmas snack/gift. They taste so good!

Toffee Graham Crack Bars
Graham Cracker Toffee
Those are DELISH, but you have to make them with the saltines!! Good crackers would wreck it! :rotfl2:And don't forget to "over-boil" it just a little - they're best when the syrup is kinda grainy. ::yes::

White Chocolate Popcorn
Pop 1 bag of microwave popcorn (just not extra butter)
Melt 1/2 package white CandiQuick or other candy coating in microwave. Pour candy coating over warm popcorn. Stir gently. Turn out onto waxed paper and spread into a single layer. Sprinkle with red and/or green sugar if desired. Easy peasy and people think you’re a genius!

ETA I got this recipe from DISboards!

This fudge is a proven winner! People will love it and want the recipe but DON'T give it to them - you won't want them to know how little effort you actually put into it: :rotfl2:

1 can sweetened condensed milk (use the flavoured ones for a little "something" extra)
1 tsp. butter
dash salt

Put the milk and chips in a saucepan and melt over low heat until they can be combined smoothly together. Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Pour onto a buttered plate. Throw on a few festive sprinkles before it completely sets up. Cool at room temperature until it's firm enough to cut.

I'm gonna try this. I love fudge but have never made it.

One thing I throw together every Christmas is chex mix. I use the original chex mix, melt vanilla chips and mix in red and green mini m&ms.

I'm gonna try this. I love fudge but have never made it.

One thing I throw together every Christmas is chex mix. I use the original chex mix, melt vanilla chips and mix in red and green mini m&ms.
You will LOVE it - everybody does (but remember to NOT give them the recipe!). We actually call it - (cough, cough) "pull it out of your xxx" :blush: fudge because you can throw it together in 3 minutes if needed. Merry Christmas! :santa:

You will LOVE it - everybody does (but remember to NOT give them the recipe!). We actually call it - (cough, cough) "pull it out of your xxx" :blush: fudge because you can throw it together in 3 minutes if needed. Merry Christmas! :santa:

LOL

Merry Christmas to you too! I'm afraid I'll like it too much and if it so easy I'm going to be in trouble.

Buy a large bag of already made popcorn ( I used a big bag of skinny pop from Costco) lay down some sheets of wax paper or parchment paper and lay the popcorn out. Try to get a single layer of popcorn.

Melt half a pkg of white almond bark in the microwave 1.5 minutes. Throw in a few handfuls of chocolate chips and stir. If it's not all melted, microwave again 30 seconds.

Use a fork to drizzle the choc over popcorn. Let dry an hour. It's THE BEST mix of sweet and salty. Makes a HUGE amount and so easy!

1 tsp. butter
dash salt

This recipe will prob be the most often "Screenshot" post of the week! Thanks for sharing!!

I used to make goodies an sell them, did all the holidays. Christmas the easiest things I made was fudge I used the confectioners chocolate wafers stirred in a can of sweetened condensed milk to the melted chocolate 1 lb chocolate to 1 can of sweetened condensed milk poured in a pan set in freezer if in a hurry fridge if not.

Bark once again confectioners chocolate wafers, toffee pieces, nuts, coconut etc usually just 1 thing in chocolate line cookie sheet with waxed paper melt chocolate stir in filler pour on cookie sheet cover with wax paper spread the chocolate as smooth an thin as I could put in freezer maybe 5 mins pull it out slap cookie sheet down on table to start breakin up the bark, break it up put it in box it's done.... made sometimes 10 lbs of this in a matter of mins.

DH doesn't like fudge, the bark is ok but I kinda tired of it.

Buy a large bag of already made popcorn ( I used a big bag of skinny pop from Costco) lay down some sheets of wax paper or parchment paper and lay the popcorn out. Try to get a single layer of popcorn.

Melt half a pkg of white almond bark in the microwave 1.5 minutes. Throw in a few handfuls of chocolate chips and stir. If it's not all melted, microwave again 30 seconds.

Use a fork to drizzle the choc over popcorn. Let dry an hour. It's THE BEST mix of sweet and salty. Makes a HUGE amount and so easy!

I've never tried this but I have to vouch for the Skinny Pop. It's the best, plain bagged popcorn on the market and would be perfect for this.

Chocolate-Covered Oreos

Melt any flavor candy wafers (I get them at Michaels) or chocolate chips in the microwave - 30 seconds, stir, 30 seconds, stir, etc...

Dip the cookies in the melted chocolate, lay them an a foil-lined tray, and decorate any way you like - sprinkles before they harden, drizzle of a different color after they harden, pipe icing designs or letters letters on them...whatever you have time for and like to do.

(P.S. - This also works with marshmallows if they're on sale instead of Oreos.)

Chocolate-Covered Oreos

Melt any flavor candy wafers (I get them at Michaels) or chocolate chips in the microwave - 30 seconds, stir, 30 seconds, stir, etc...

Dip the cookies in the melted chocolate, lay them an a foil-lined tray, and decorate any way you like - sprinkles before they harden, drizzle of a different color after they harden, pipe icing designs or letters letters on them...whatever you have time for and like to do.

(P.S. - This also works with marshmallows if they're on sale instead of Oreos.)

My daughter made choc covered oreos over the summer for a party we had with her friends and they were a huge hit

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter