Cheapest easiest christmas goodies

Similar to the chocolate covered oreos, you can make s'mores marshmallows the same way. Melt some chocolate, and crush up some graham crackers. Dip the marshmallows in the melted chocolate, shake off the excess, then dip the end in the graham crackers. Set on parchment or wax paper to harden up. These are sooooo good!

A super easy recipe that uses few ingredients is soda cracker candy/cookies. It can also be known as toffee cookies or even praline cookies when made with graham crackers in place of the soda crackers and omitting the chocolate topping. Recipes involve lining a greased pan with crackers and then pouring a butter/brown sugar mixture over top before baking. They can be sprinkled with walnuts or pecans, have chocolate chips melted and spread on top, etc. I'm sure you can do a search on your own, but I will include an few links to give you an idea.

Toffee Graham Crack Bars
Soda Cracker Chocolate Candy
Graham Cracker Toffee

The first time I made this i was so skeptical. Who would think chocolate and crackers would taste good?

As we all know, it is so GOOD.

I make the chocolate chip, sweetened condensed milk fudge but I throw in peanuts, mini marshmallows and drained chopped maraschino cherries. Rocky road fudge!

This fudge is a proven winner! People will love it and want the recipe but DON'T give it to them - you won't want them to know how little effort you actually put into it: :rotfl2:

1 can sweetened condensed milk (use the flavoured ones for a little "something" extra)
2 cups chocolate chips (any kind - milk, semi-sweet, even chocolate mint)
1/2 tsp vanilla (use rum or almond extract instead if you feel like it)
1 tsp. butter
dash salt

Put the milk and chips in a saucepan and melt over low heat until they can be combined smoothly together. Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Pour onto a buttered plate. Throw on a few festive sprinkles before it completely sets up. Cool at room temperature until it's firm enough to cut.

I make almost the same recipe but in the microwave. I get so many compliments on it, and I won't tell anyone how I make it. It takes literally 5 minutes including mixing the ingredients. You'd never believe microwave fudge was so good. I love the idea of putting festive sprinkles on it.

I make almost the same recipe but in the microwave. I get so many compliments on it, and I won't tell anyone how I make it. It takes literally 5 minutes including mixing the ingredients. You'd never believe microwave fudge was so good. I love the idea of putting festive sprinkles on it.
Doesn't matter how you warm it up as long as the chips melt. I'm all for anything that makes stupid-easy even easier, but then I'm not the most ambitious person you'll ever meet! :rotfl2:
LOL

Merry Christmas to you too! I'm afraid I'll like it too much and if it so easy I'm going to be in trouble.
I guess it's a risk you'll just have to take! :wave2:

Doesn't matter how you warm it up as long as the chips melt. I'm all for anything that makes stupid-easy even easier, but then I'm not the most ambitious person you'll ever meet! :rotfl2:

I guess it's a risk you'll just have to take! :wave2:
I knew you were my Canadian soulmate for a reason...

Do you (or anyone else who knows cooking science) think I can make this easy cheater fudge with coconut milk instead of condensed milk to make a vegan version?

I knew you were my Canadian soulmate for a reason...

Do you (or anyone else who knows cooking science) think I can make this easy cheater fudge with coconut milk instead of condensed milk to make a vegan version?
We're talking about sweetened, condensed milk - not the "canned cream" type of thing. It's super-thick and sweet. Is there a coconut milk product of any kind like that? You need it to give body to the fudge. I googled this for you: http://www.veganbaking.net/recipes/sauces-syrups-spreads/sauces/condensed-soy-milk but since that process is obviously going to take more than the 90 seconds or so I'm willing to invest, this is where I leave you...:tiptoe:

I make the microwave fudge too. Everyone loves it and i also won't tell them how to make it.

Here is another my family always makes...
https://www.cleanandscentsible.com/old-fashioned-peanut-butter-pinwheels/

And then these, but we always shaped them like tiny hot dog shapes...
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/16520/irish-potato-candy/

And of course these little beauties...
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/9909/buckeyes-i/

And these are cookies my mom has always made and my family loves...
http://cakescottage.com/2017/03/21/easy-cream-cheese-cookies/

And easiest is taking little pretzels and putting Hershey kiss on topic each, some chocolate and some hugs or whatever they are called, then bake for 2-3 mins until soft and take out and press M&Ms into soft kiss.
https://www.cookingclassy.com/pretzel-mm-hugs-christmas-style/

Last edited:
We're talking about sweetened, condensed milk - not the "canned cream" type of thing. It's super-thick and sweet. Is there a coconut milk product of any kind like that? You need it to give body to the fudge. I googled this for you: http://www.veganbaking.net/recipes/sauces-syrups-spreads/sauces/condensed-soy-milk but since that process is obviously going to take more than the 90 seconds or so I'm willing to invest, this is where I leave you...:tiptoe:
I'm not familiar with canned cream. I think that might be what we call evaporated milk? In any case, canned coconut milk is thick and separates into a cream layer that can be skimmed off the top and used for whipping and thickening, so I think it's worth a shot. I'll let you know how disastrous it turns out. Lol.

I'm not familiar with canned cream. I think that might be what we call evaporated milk? In any case, canned coconut milk is thick and separates into a cream layer that can be skimmed off the top and used for whipping and thickening, so I think it's worth a shot. I'll let you know how disastrous it turns out. Lol.

Having used both sweetened condensed milk and coconut milk in my life, I don't think this is going to turn out well...

I look forward to hearing about the results.

I found milk chocolate an butterscotch chips buy one get 1 an planters peanuts buy1 get 1 jar held at least 2 cups I melted the milk chocolate an butterscotch chips together in microwave stirred in jar of peanuts YUM! so quick an easy dropped the mix out onto parchment paper by the spoon fulls let set overnight....could have put in fridge or freezer to put the paper on something an just let them set overnight to harden.

White chocolate buy 1 get 1. Butter popcorn buy 1 get 1 M&m's 2 for 5.00 and a bag of pretzels.

8 cups popcorn almost a whole bag, 2 cups broken pretzel pieces bag of M&M's mixed together in large bowl. Melted 2 bags white chocolate in microwave stirred into the popcorn mix. Spread on parchment paper let set overnight to harden broke into small pieces put in box it was done.

Took both to a Christmas party tonight both was a big hit. Still have plenty of both to give friends an neighbors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts