Cheapest MCO -> Port Canaveral Transportation

dobball23

DIS Veteran
I am sure this question has been asked a lot, but I haven't been able to find it. What is the cheapest way to get from MCO to Port Canaveral (and back at the end of the cruise)?

I know it is not recommended, but we will be flying in the morning of our cruise. We will then have a later flight the day our cruise returns to Port Canaveral.

I am sure this question has been asked a lot, but I haven't been able to find it. What is the cheapest way to get from MCO to Port Canaveral (and back at the end of the cruise)?

I know it is not recommended, but we will be flying in the morning of our cruise. We will then have a later flight the day our cruise returns to Port Canaveral.
How many people in your group?

Good question. That will probably help someone come up with an answer! Just two adults in our travel party. We don't need luxury...just a way to get from point A to point B.
Well, DCL transfers cost $35.00 per person (each way). You'd have to do some research yourself to see if you can get a rental car cheaper (could be). I'm fairly certain that a private limo/towncar will cost more than that.

It all depends on what you want to do, as well. If you rent a car, you can stop for lunch, go to the liquor store, get medicine if someone is feeling iffy, etc. You can def. get a one-way rental for $70 or less. But then there's the hassle of the rental and return. DCL is a "no-brainer" and they take care of your luggage, etc. but you do have to wait for the bus to fill and there are no stops. Personally we always do a rental car for the freedom of movement but there are people who swear by the Disney transportation.

I've not seen it mentioned, but if you get together with another family (or two?) on your cruise meet board that are staying at your hotel, you could coordinate a private transport that may be cheaper than DCL transport. Just a thought.

Uber - last week I paid $48 from MCO to my hotel near the port. It was a bit of a wait at the airport, but I didn't have to worry about directions/paying tolls, etc. I use Uber often for work, although I do know some people are not comfortable with it.

Here's some suggestions that I have found from previous trips...some I have used, some I have not. There are several reputable shuttle companies. You can either go with a shared shuttle that takes other people from the airport to the port or you can pay for a private one.

1) Cruise Express (Wanda) shared - costs $20 per person one way - she picks you up in a nice SUV
2) Cortrans - is also shared $20 one way
3) Cocoa Beach Shuttle - also shared is $23 one way but mention Cruise Critic and they will give you a 10% discount.
4) Happy Hour Shuttle is $30 per person one way but it is NOT shared - they will take just your party.

All of them expect a customary 20% tip.

Since you are flying in the day of your cruise, DCL transport would be your safest option. If there are any flight delays, DCL transport is right there at MCO. If you go the private transport/rental car/rideshare route, getting to the ship is your issue. So any road delays, rental car issues or transit issues that are not DCL transport, the risk is all yours.

I've not seen it mentioned, but if you get together with another family (or two?) on your cruise meet board that are staying at your hotel, you could coordinate a private transport that may be cheaper than DCL transport. Just a thought.

Depends on luggage. We were just on vacation for 12 days (4 days in CA at Disneyland first and then 8 days in Hawaii). We rented a small SUV for four people and luggage in Hawaii. Their luggage alone would have taken up the whole trunk. We had to cram as much as possible in the trunk and put smaller bags into the back seat between us and put carry-ons on our laps. I thought I packed too much and we only had two medium sized suitcases, one carry-on each and a camera bag! Next time we travel together I will be suggesting a transport truck. Make sure you know number and size of bags if you team up with someone and order the appropriate size of vehicle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!