• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheapest way to "cabin" & few questions

LMHB

Mouseketeer
Hi! We have never camped at WDW before but my son wants to do this thanks to his Camping sing-a-long video!! We are flexible on the time of year we go, but would prefer spring. Does anyone know the absolute cheapest way to rent a cabin? I know that other WDW resorts have discount codes at various time of the year, we got our room at ASMo a couple months ago for $49/night. Do the cabins ever have discounts? The Unofficial Guide lists that they range from $185-250 (I think)...is that about right? We have five adults, a small child, and baby. I know that is the MOST you can put in a cabin (with baby in crib). Since I am a little unsure about us all sharing that one bathroom, I am wondering if I can get a low rate on an AS room again, renting two rooms might be less expensive than one cabin, although we wouldn't have that kitchen. Any ideas?

Also, is the rental of a golf cart really necessary, are there some loops which make it unnecessary? That adds some cost to the cabin.

And what is a Murphy bed? Is that just another name for a pull-out couch? From the posts I have read they sound pretty uncomfortable. I would be sleeping on that one with my young child (I am pretty light) - would it be that bad?

Thanks so much! Camping sounds like fun at FW!
Lynn

I can't help much with the cost and discounts but I can comment on the murphy bed. It is actually a bed that folds down out of the wall. My husband and I shared it when we went and I would guess it is a double but really wasn't uncomfortable. Much more comfortable than some pull out sofas I have been on.:)

As far as sharing one bathroom - that could be tough. You could look at a FW map and get a cabin that backs up to one of the NICE bathhouses.

FW is great we have stayed there four times and never rented a golf cart. They can be fun and very convenient but not necessary.:jester:

Check out mousesavers.com. They had a deal for the cabins for $149 a night with a special code but I believe that deal is up. Definitely do the math on paper between the two room plus all meals out versus the cabin with eating some meals there. If you go with the cabins don't do your grocery shopping at Fort Wilderness...way too expensive. We shopped at Wal-mart for our food and it was less expensive there than I pay at home. And as the other person posted, golf carts are not a necessity but they are great to have if they fit in your budget. If you're driving consider bringing bikes. They're also a great way to get around the campground. I noticed you have a baby..I did see that they have a pack and play in the closet, not a full size crib, just fyi. Also about the Murphy bed, I didn't find it that uncomfortable, better than a sofa bed with the pain across your back. And my kids thought it was the coolest thing...a bed coming out of the wall!! If you do pick Ft. Wilderness, you'll have a great time!

I dont know where you live but I used the fl resident code and my cabin rate was $129 per night. Other codes may hit that price too, you just have to try. I got the code from Mary/Mousesavers. Ive never been to ft Wilderness. I do not plan to rent the golf cart. I requested the loop 2100 as that looked to be the most central to everything. Good Luck when we get back I will report my experience.

I used an AP rate to get the cabin over Christmas for $134. It would be crowded with 5 adults as the bedroom is one double bed, and two bunkbeds. They say the limit is 6, but I don't know if the baby counts. I found the murphy bed to be very comfortable, even with my 6'2" husband who is used to a queen bed. We love Ft Wilderness, but as others have said , you should do the paperwork, and perhaps 2 rooms at All-Stars would work better for you. I did bring food from home (we drove) and even cooked Christmas dinner. For us, the cabins were perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter