Cheapness In Seattle (A 2019 PNW Trip Report - 2020 update added on 6/25

This sounds like part of a really bad Christmas song...

That song is messed up. What woman on earth would want that many birds?

Now I want eggs... hungry.

Not rotten ones, though.:crazy2:

Wow! Cool!
And... I can't believe I didn't think to do that. :sad2:

Well, as you and I are both painfully aware, you just can't do everything.

Literally and figuratively.

::yes::

Remember this. Incredible amount of energy released.

It is amazing. That was a relatively small eruption compared to some that have occurred, too. If that Yellowstone super-volcano ever goes...

::yes:: I missed your date comment so googled to look.
Interestingly, when you do "Mt. St. Helens eruption"... you get the last eruption... July 10, 2008.

I do remember hearing about some activity there.

Thanks for that. Some interesting and incredible photos.

Those reminded me of that old National Geographic I kept leafing through.

Ew... not good. You should introduce them to the Everglades.

Maybe they can eat the mosquitoes!

Please... tell me.... PB&J????

But of course. Nothing but the finest for my family.

It's a legal requirement. If you live in ND, you just have a fountain built somewhere and call it that.

:rotfl::rotfl2: Well said. Same would go for Delaware, actually.

Nice. I shoulda stopped for that one too. But... ran out of time.

See above comment about doing everything.

Wow. Really! It's a big lot. But... I remember it being pretty full when I was there too.

Yeah, it's the waterfall everyone goes to visit. We got there mid-afternoon. The parking lot off the interstate was bigger.

Nope. Not a clue. None.

:rolleyes1

:laughing:
And the heights seem off... unless that's just a trick of perspective.

I noticed that, too. I thought maybe the pavement underneath was uneven. Or they are just bad at measuring stuff.

Big. Dam.

Exactly.

Okay! Okay! Sheesh.

That word does add some emphasis, doesn't it.

Also the reason you hire interns.

Absolutely.

Cool. Like the photo too. Not an aquarium. :)

Definitely not an aquarium! But a neat thing to see.

Or on my TR. :)

And here's your photo, corrected as above.

You are a miracle worker!

I did too... but still glad I made the trek.

Oh, yeah. Once you see that bridge, you think, "Well, I have to go up there and stand on that."

You can... but yes it is.

You can screw anything up, but most of the time Italian is a safe bet.

Excellent choice. May I recommend a Coke as an accompaniment?

Ah, yes. It has a full-bodied nose and really brings out the garlic in the bolognese.

We went with water, because...well, we're cheap. I would have preferred the Coke.

This sounds interesting... and I think I know what's next. ;)

I did kind of give it away...months ago.

Wow, it only took 3 updates for my opening post to come true. :rotfl2:

Still enjoying the TR - guilty of reading and not commenting at that time.

When the eruption finally came, the mountain literally blew its top. The peak and entire north face of the mountain collapsed, causing an enormous mud-and-landslide that wiped out hundreds of thousands of acres, snapping the trees of the forest like matchsticks. This was followed by huge blasts of ash clouds, which blackened the skies as far east as Spokane. It ultimately left significant deposits in 11 states and two Canadian provinces.

The landscape in the area has never really been the same since.

I actually was side tracked by reading this and continued through the TR and forgot to comment. This was an interesting side read. I remember this on the news as a kid.

It was still better than visiting Flamingo, Florida.

Still funny.

We did stop at the actual Vista House, from which we could at least see this view:

I think it is just as nice of a view.

So...I do not typically edit my photos, and I can't say I know what I'm doing. And I admit that I don't really know what you're talking about here! If you have the time and/or patience, would you be willing to give me a quick tutorial?
Sure! Do you have Photoshop, though?
That song is messed up. What woman on earth would want that many birds?
An aviarist?

I made up that word. Sounds official, though, right?
Not rotten ones, though.:crazy2:
Well... no.
Well, as you and I are both painfully aware, you just can't do everything.
Yup. Big world. Lots to see and do.
It is amazing. That was a relatively small eruption compared to some that have occurred, too.
Krakatoa, Etna, come to mind...
If that Yellowstone super-volcano ever goes...
...there goes the USA. And probably a chunk of Canada, too.
Those reminded me of that old National Geographic I kept leafing through.
Maybe they can eat the mosquitoes!
Win/win!
But of course. Nothing but the finest for my family.
Yuss!!!!
That word does add some emphasis, doesn't it.
You are a miracle worker!
Nah. Happy to help.
Oh, yeah. Once you see that bridge, you think, "Well, I have to go up there and stand on that."
Ah, yes. It has a full-bodied nose and really brings out the garlic in the bolognese.
That too. I just like it.
I did kind of give it away...months ago.
;)

Still enjoying the TR - guilty of reading and not commenting at that time.

Thanks for chiming in. Hopefully I'm not down to 2 readers already!

I actually was side tracked by reading this and continued through the TR and forgot to comment. This was an interesting side read. I remember this on the news as a kid.

Yeah, those old photos are fascinating. Amazing destructive power in that eruption.

Still funny.

Because it happened to somebody else?

I think it is just as nice of a view.

It's a great view. The building there just adds something to the photo, I think.
Sure! Do you have Photoshop, though?

Well, um....no. Used to have Aperture for the Mac way back when, but they stopped supporting it, and I never got any other photo editing software.

An aviarist?

I made up that word. Sounds official, though, right?

I was totally ready to just go along with it.

Krakatoa, Etna, come to mind...

...there goes the USA. And probably a chunk of Canada, too.

I saw a predictive map of a Yellowstone eruption once. Disney World was safe, so that was my evacuation plan.

:sad2:

Nah. Happy to help.

Thank you!

Mmmmm...sulfur...
Hey Mark! Pull my finger.

For someone who loves efficiency in a touring plan, backtracking is like nails on a chalkboard,

but I found that there was often no other choice on this trip. Many destinations had only one road in or out.
:sad2: but true.

The observatory is named for David Johnston, a geologist who called in the eruption of May 18, 1980 and then perished not long after.
That's cool. The naming part, not the perishing part.

If you were alive, you probably remember hearing about the eruption at the time. I was only 5 ½ years old,
I was a few years older and remember it well.

When the eruption finally came, the mountain literally blew its top.
Yep. Almost as bad as when my DW does.

Okay, fine, Mt St Helens is worse....a little.

causing an enormous mud-and-landslide that wiped out hundreds of thousands of acres, snapping the trees of the forest like matchsticks.
Yep and formed a canyon very similar to the grand canyon's "millions of years" layers in days.

This was followed by huge blasts of ash clouds, which blackened the skies as far east as Spokane. It ultimately left significant deposits in 11 states and two Canadian provinces.
At the time, I'm sure they were not happy, but given the fertility of volcanic soil, guessing it's good for crops now.

We chose….poorly.
Ruh roh.

It must have made a huge impression on me, since I remember it all these years later.
Exploding volcanos, exploding helicopters, come on, what's not to be impressed by?

Really, all it succeeded in doing was making us seasick.
That's not good. Sometimes film makers just don't consider this.

We only made it partway before being overtaken by swarms of bloodthirsty gnats
Did Julie slug you again? 💗 💗 :anticipation: :hoping:
:lmao:

Once Drew got his badge (he was especially proud of this one—I guess 5-year-old boys being impressed by volcanoes runs in the family)
So, he's likely to enjoy exploding helicopters when he's older? I may be wrong, but when I see the power of nature, whether it be volcanos, earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes, tsunamis, I'm always fascinated. Sad for the damage or loss of life it causes, but it is still fascinating/intriguing.

The view was better out the other window, as Mount Hood was visible.

Much better view.

so we crawled across the Columbia River.
Most people would swim. I presume no water if you crawled.

Eventually we got through the bottleneck and were able to reach the Historic Columbia River Highway.
So, you were shrunken size like @pkondz in TSL?

Right off the bat, I messed up.
We expect this, you know?

I had meant to stop to get a photo of this famous view (that’s Vista House in the foreground), but I completely missed the overlook. It’s called the Portland Women’s Forum State Scenic Viewpoint, which I had looked up and should have remembered.
The crack TR reporting we've come to know and love. ;)

We did stop at the actual Vista House, from which we could at least see this view:

Nice!

A little ways down the road, we stopped at the parking area for Latourell Falls. An overlook gave us a nice view of this 249-ft. drop.

From that picture, it doesn't look that tall. Pretty though.

On the not-so-nice side, dozens of people had decided to leave the path and swim or sunbathe at the base of the falls, which made it very difficult to get photos without random strangers in the shot. Win some, lose some.
That kinda stinks, but you know @pkondz is really good a photoshopping. I don't use photoshop, I use GIMP, but I can do some pretty good stuff too.

You know dam well what’s coming here.
You're dam straight we do. A bunch of dam jokes.

I got a kick out of these signs at the entrance. I was wondering if they put a new one up every time somebody hits the bridge.

That one is a bit puzzling to me...first off the difference between 15 and 12'4" does not look like 2'8" difference, but the difficult thing would be truck trailers are not round, so they would almost have to go straight through the middle to have any chance of not "partially" have clearance.

I feel bad for the people who are forced to stand there and count the dam fish as they swim by.
I think it would be a dam fine job if they paid me enough and didn't expect accuracy. I could be like the count on sesame street...uh one, uh two, uh three, they're paying me a lot to do this, ha ha ha.

This is the most popular waterfall in the gorge, and you’ve no doubt seen it on countless postcards and Oregon tourist brochures. It’s the one with the famous bridge over the lower falls.
To be honest, I can't say I've seen too many Oregon tourist brochures, so possible not. I've seen a lot of waterfalls, so hard to say if I recall seeing this one before. Pretty.

Naturally, the DIS's crappy photo interface is not letting me post any portrait-style photos, which is all I have of this waterfall. So, here's what it would look like if gravity pulled water sideways.
So, not a fan?

So, instead of the backside of water, you give us the front side of sideways water. Sheesh!

This also provided a chance for Julie to give Dave a ride for old times’ sake, just like when he was a toddler.
I did that with a couple of my kids. I don't think we got a picture, but had a good laugh.

Well, um....no. Used to have Aperture for the Mac way back when, but they stopped supporting it, and I never got any other photo editing software.
Hmmm... not sure if you can do it in Paint... or whatever the Mac has.
I saw a predictive map of a Yellowstone eruption once. Disney World was safe, so that was my evacuation plan.
Make sure you have ADRs and FPs set up, though. The crowds are gonna be pretty bad.
That kinda stinks, but you know @pkondz is really good a photoshopping.
But taking out a lot of people is pretty time consuming and often results in less than satisfactory results.
I did it a few times in my last couple posts on my TR but that's from tripod and multiple exposures to give me something more accurate to work with.

But taking out a lot of people is pretty time consuming and often results in less than satisfactory results.
I did it a few times in my last couple posts on my TR but that's from tripod and multiple exposures to give me something more accurate to work with.
I did it for a fellow DISer once. I would post the before and after, but since it's a personal picture, probably wouldn't want to do that.

Make sure you have ADRs and FPs set up, though. The crowds are gonna be pretty bad.
I'll be there before y'all are. Maybe I'll save you a place in standby. ;)

Well, according to the internets, which are never wrong, Seattle gets rain 156 days on average, which means it’s actually less than half of the year. It gets a total of 38 inches per year, which is less than the rainfall in New Orleans, Miami, and New York City. So there.

It is a steady, grey drizzle every. single. day. They can't call it rain because it's only heavy enough to send a frozen soak deep into your bones.

We almost always fly Southwest due to the lack of bag fees, which are a killer for 6 people.

It's killer for one. And the reason I almost always fly them as well. LOVE SW. And I adore their boarding system too. Fast and efficient.

I get two (2) free passes to a United Club in any airport, so peons like us can see how the other half lives. Julie and I abandoned our kids at the gate and wandered into the club to see what all the fuss was about.

Good move!

In the end, we used our free club passes for 10 minutes of quiet, a cup of weak coffee, and some pound cake. I’m counting that as a win.

That club didn't sound as nice as the one my aunt got us in when we flew to Sierra Leone. I wonder if they are all different or??? Ours had booze, showers, beds, hot food, etc...;

Was it worth two hours of my time to save $600? For me, the answer was yes. Because I’m cheap.

I'd have done that for $200.

made sure the hamsters in the engine were fed, and then away we went.

Wait...

Your kids don't pedal?

Lazy rotten...

This bridge is famous mostly due to its previous incarnation, better known as “Galloping Gertie”, which was built in 1940 and collapsed in the same year under 40-mph winds. You might have seen the famous video in your high school physics class during a lesson on resonance and natural frequencies.

Know it well and have seen that video a bunch of times. Never gets old!

Is someone taking a leak over the wall??

Strait of Juan de Fuca, which I encourage you to say out loud, because it’s really fun to say.

I suspect the pronunciation has been greatly perverted.

Hey Mark, it's been a while since I stopped by. Been busy. You know, life and all. Gets in the way of fun stuff. Anyway...

On the second day of our vacation, I lovingly took my family as close as I could get to an active volcano.

Mmmmm...sulfur...
I have only visited one active volcano. On the island of St. Lucia in the Caribbean. I remember the distinct smell of sulfur.
It was during my honeymoon. I figured I just got a woman to vow to spend the rest of her life with me. Best getting her used to smelling farts right up front.

Once Drew got his badge (he was especially proud of this one—I guess 5-year-old boys being impressed by volcanoes runs in the family),
There are probably worse things to have run in the family.

(I’m pretty sure every state has a Bridal Veil Falls somewhere—let’s get more creative, people).
Newfoundland says "hold my beer".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pissing_Mare_Falls
(I am pretty sure I shared that with you once before, but it seemed a very fitting place to share it again.)

I feel bad for the people who are forced to stand there and count the dam fish as they swim by. That’s got to be a job you foist on your summer interns.
Fun fact: I met a guy once who did this.
It must have been at least 10 years ago, when I was *a bit* more athletic. A friend and I did a canoe trip up a river in Terra Nova National Park (there's my Dis name secret again) and camped for a night. We were hiking up river the next day and came across a small warden's cabin with a fish ladder. A guy came out to meet us. He would come up the river in boat (as far as he could) then hike the rest of the way, spending the week maintaining the station and counting salmon. He showed us the ladder and we counted a few salmon. It was interesting to do for 10 minutes. Not sure I want to do it every day. But what a different kind of job. Definitely low stress.

Naturally, the DIS's crappy photo interface is not letting me post any portrait-style photos, which is all I have of this waterfall. So, here's what it would look like if gravity pulled water sideways.
I have had the same problem with sideways photos lately. It's nice that it's easier to post picture from your phone now. But anything that was taken in portrait post sideways.

Of course! You also painted quite a picture with the way you recounted everything.

Thank you! It's good to know my suffering can be enjoyed by others.

Hey Mark! Pull my finger.

Ooh, this is gonna be good, I can tell.

I was a few years older and remember it well.

That was quite a stunning event.

Yep. Almost as bad as when my DW does.

Okay, fine, Mt St Helens is worse....a little.

:rotfl2:

Yep and formed a canyon very similar to the grand canyon's "millions of years" layers in days.

Nature's power is pretty incredible.

At the time, I'm sure they were not happy, but given the fertility of volcanic soil, guessing it's good for crops now.

Maybe? I have no idea, to be honest.

Exploding volcanos, exploding helicopters, come on, what's not to be impressed by?

Explosions make everything better!

That's not good. Sometimes film makers just don't consider this.

Yeah, I've never been a fan of "shaky-cam".

Did Julie slug you again? 💗 💗 :anticipation: :hoping:
:lmao:

Well, I learned my lesson and didn't bring her along this time.

So, he's likely to enjoy exploding helicopters when he's older? I may be wrong, but when I see the power of nature, whether it be volcanos, earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes, tsunamis, I'm always fascinated. Sad for the damage or loss of life it causes, but it is still fascinating/intriguing.

Agreed 100%. I love to see it...from a safe distance.

Most people would swim. I presume no water if you crawled.

So, you were shrunken size like @pkondz in TSL?

We were just patient, is all. I know, I'm surprised too.

We expect this, you know?

I wish I didn't believe that, but...

The crack TR reporting we've come to know and love. ;)

That's what I'm here for!

From that picture, it doesn't look that tall. Pretty though.

It's hard to get a good sense of scale sometimes.

That kinda stinks, but you know @pkondz is really good a photoshopping. I don't use photoshop, I use GIMP, but I can do some pretty good stuff too.

I suck at it. I'm grateful to have friends who are much better!

You're dam straight we do. A bunch of dam jokes.

:woohoo:

That one is a bit puzzling to me...first off the difference between 15 and 12'4" does not look like 2'8" difference, but the difficult thing would be truck trailers are not round, so they would almost have to go straight through the middle to have any chance of not "partially" have clearance.

Like I said to pkondz, I think maybe the ground/pavement underneath was uneven. Either that, or they're bad at measuring stuff.

I think it would be a dam fine job if they paid me enough and didn't expect accuracy. I could be like the count on sesame street...uh one, uh two, uh three, they're paying me a lot to do this, ha ha ha.

I'm guessing the pay for that one is...not great.

To be honest, I can't say I've seen too many Oregon tourist brochures, so possible not. I've seen a lot of waterfalls, so hard to say if I recall seeing this one before. Pretty.

This one is definitely the most famous. The bridge makes it an iconic photo.

So, not a fan?

Of the DIS randomly posting sideways photos? Not so much.

So, instead of the backside of water, you give us the front side of sideways water. Sheesh!

It's completely different!

I did that with a couple of my kids. I don't think we got a picture, but had a good laugh.

I had some friends who went through the drive-thru in a shopping cart like that once.

Hmmm... not sure if you can do it in Paint... or whatever the Mac has.

:confused3 I'll try and figure something out.

Yeah, I imagine that would be a popular refuge.

I doubt I'd have the time to try that. Or the patience.

I'll be there before y'all are. Maybe I'll save you a place in standby. ;)

Hey, thanks for thinking of us!

On the second day of our vacation, I lovingly took my family as close as I could get to an active volcano.

Mmmmm...sulfur...
“Yeah, right, brimstone, don’t be talking about no brimstone. I know what I smelt, and it wasn’t no brimstone, and it didn’t come off no stone neither…”

For someone who loves efficiency in a touring plan, backtracking is like nails on a chalkboard, but I found that there was often no other choice on this trip. Many destinations had only one road in or out.
Just so long as there is a way out
Don’t want to be checking into any roach type motels.

The observatory is named for David Johnston, a geologist who called in the eruption of May 18, 1980 and then perished not long after.
Not much he could’a done to get out of the way, unfortunately.

If you were alive, you probably remember hearing about the eruption at the time. I was only 5 ½ years old
Pup…

We chose….poorly.
Well, at least it didn’t involve drinking any holy water…

We only made it partway before being overtaken by swarms of bloodthirsty gnats.
Flamingo II – The Wrath of Gnats

I guess 5-year-old boys being impressed by volcanoes runs in the family
50-year-old “boys” are impressed by volcanos
Heck, all “boys” are.

Explosions…
Destruction…
Brimstone….

It kind’s defines “boy”

The view was better out the other window, as Mount Hood was visible.
Just keep in mind that Hood is also a volcano and could at any time shift from scenic view to catastrophe if it took a mind to do so.

Right off the bat, I messed up.
So, situation normal?

Nothing to see here, folks.
Move along, move along…

PORTLAND WOMEN’S FORUM
State Scenic Viewpoint

I took one glance, saw the first three words, and thought, “Well, that’s not for me,” and sped off.
Thus adding to the grief to be endured once that gals in the van realized the extent of the error.

So we had that going for us, which was nice.
Not quite total consciousness, but there are worse ways to be stiffed out of a tip.

On the not-so-nice side, dozens of people had decided to leave the path and swim or sunbathe at the base of the falls, which made it very difficult to get photos without random strangers in the shot. Win some, lose some.
I’ve said it many times…
This world would be such grand place if it weren’t for all the people in it.

The next stop was the most famous waterfall, Multnomah Falls.
A bit more creative in the naming at least…

We drove down the highway for a few miles, and then exited at the Bonneville Dam.
You know dam well what’s coming here.
Well, gwarsh…
You should’a let us place dam bets of just how many dam references you were going to fit into this dam section of the chapter.

I got a kick out of these signs at the entrance. I was wondering if they put a new one up every time somebody hits the bridge.

View attachment 453938
Probably not…
Given the amount of attention paid by the average driver, I s’pect there’d be quite a few more signs there if this were the case.

I feel bad for the people who are forced to stand there and count the dam fish as they swim by.
Depends of what the dam compensation was for that specific dam task.
If it were interns assigned to that particular dam job, then yeah, they’d be just as well off swimming with the fishes and counting them (it’d be equally mind numbing)

nobody has to sleep on the floor. Unless I do something to tick off Julie.
Not all too common an occurrence, I do hope…

They found a shopping cart someone had left in the parking lot and decided to be good citizens and return it to the store. This also provided a chance for Julie to give Dave a ride for old times’ sake, just like when he was a toddler.
Then it’s probably good that she was the “grownup” in charge of the expedition, then.
Were it you instead, the same set of circumstances would likely have lead to recreating parking-lot go-cart races for old times’ sake.

And then someone might'a been sleeping on the floor.

It is a steady, grey drizzle every. single. day. They can't call it rain because it's only heavy enough to send a frozen soak deep into your bones.

There's nothing worse than cold rain. Except cold rain with wind.

It's killer for one. And the reason I almost always fly them as well. LOVE SW. And I adore their boarding system too. Fast and efficient.

I'm getting more annoyed with SW for reserving the affordable fares for red-eye flights only. I've actually used a few other airlines more recently, just because I've gotten better deals.

Good move!

It was nice to escape!

That club didn't sound as nice as the one my aunt got us in when we flew to Sierra Leone. I wonder if they are all different or??? Ours had booze, showers, beds, hot food, etc...;

I wouldn't know. That was the first airport lounge I've ever been in. Usually I'm just sitting in the cattle chutes.

I'd have done that for $200.

(me too)

Wait...

Your kids don't pedal?

Lazy rotten...

So entitled!

Know it well and have seen that video a bunch of times. Never gets old!

It is pretty spectacular. I love the guy who tries to rescue the car. What's he thinking??

Is someone taking a leak over the wall??

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Had a joke here, but then I thought it might get me banned from the boards.

I suspect the pronunciation has been greatly perverted.

I say FOO-kah. Don't have any idea what else you guys are talking about. :rolleyes1

Hey Mark, it's been a while since I stopped by. Been busy. You know, life and all. Gets in the way of fun stuff. Anyway...

I hear ya. It happens to all of us.

I have only visited one active volcano. On the island of St. Lucia in the Caribbean. I remember the distinct smell of sulfur.
It was during my honeymoon. I figured I just got a woman to vow to spend the rest of her life with me. Best getting her used to smelling farts right up front.

That's brilliant! This is my scent...know it!

There are probably worse things to have run in the family.

Totally agree.

Newfoundland says "hold my beer".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pissing_Mare_Falls(I am pretty sure I shared that with you once before, but it seemed a very fitting place to share it again.)

:rotfl2: I think you did share that one before, but it doesn't get old!

Fun fact: I met a guy once who did this.
It must have been at least 10 years ago, when I was *a bit* more athletic. A friend and I did a canoe trip up a river in Terra Nova National Park (there's my Dis name secret again) and camped for a night. We were hiking up river the next day and came across a small warden's cabin with a fish ladder. A guy came out to meet us. He would come up the river in boat (as far as he could) then hike the rest of the way, spending the week maintaining the station and counting salmon. He showed us the ladder and we counted a few salmon. It was interesting to do for 10 minutes. Not sure I want to do it every day. But what a different kind of job. Definitely low stress.

10 minutes is about as long as I'd last. God bless that guy.

By the way, I was reading a story the other day and it mentioned a guy who had a cabin in the middle of nowhere in Minnesota. Kind of reminded me of the one you escaped to a couple weeks ago. Apparently he named his cabin "Fugarwe". As in, "where in the..."

I have had the same problem with sideways photos lately. It's nice that it's easier to post picture from your phone now. But anything that was taken in portrait post sideways.

Somebody had to have brought that up as an issue by now, right?

Current wait times for BTMRR: 2 days, 6 hours.... PP: 3 days, 1 hour... IASW: 12 minutes.

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: Perfect.

you have to want to do that... I enjoy it, so...

Whatever floats your boat! You're certainly good at it.

“Yeah, right, brimstone, don’t be talking about no brimstone. I know what I smelt, and it wasn’t no brimstone, and it didn’t come off no stone neither…”

Hey, don't be a ja--uh, a donkey.

Just so long as there is a way out
Don’t want to be checking into any roach type motels.

That's the first priority!

Not much he could’a done to get out of the way, unfortunately.

Yeah...just in the wrong place.

Sure doesn't feel like it anymore.

Well, at least it didn’t involve drinking any holy water…

I'm not aging quite that fast.

Flamingo II – The Wrath of Gnats

Now there was an experience that didn't need a sequel.

50-year-old “boys” are impressed by volcanos
Heck, all “boys” are.

Explosions…
Destruction…
Brimstone….

It kind’s defines “boy”

::yes:: Truth.

Just keep in mind that Hood is also a volcano and could at any time shift from scenic view to catastrophe if it took a mind to do so.

But until that time, it is pretty to look at.

So, situation normal?

Nothing to see here, folks.
Move along, move along…

Thus adding to the grief to be endured once that gals in the van realized the extent of the error.

Thank goodness they haven't memorized the itinerary like me.

Not quite total consciousness, but there are worse ways to be stiffed out of a tip.

It's a Cinderella story.

I’ve said it many times…
This world would be such grand place if it weren’t for all the people in it.

Could not agree more.

A bit more creative in the naming at least…

And thank goodness for that.

Well, gwarsh…
You should’a let us place dam bets of just how many dam references you were going to fit into this dam section of the chapter.

It never gets old!

Probably not…
Given the amount of attention paid by the average driver, I s’pect there’d be quite a few more signs there if this were the case.

It would have to be trucks hitting the bridge...most truck drivers are more aware than your average guy.

Depends of what the dam compensation was for that specific dam task.
If it were interns assigned to that particular dam job, then yeah, they’d be just as well off swimming with the fishes and counting them (it’d be equally mind numbing)

Everyone starts off at the bottom rung of the ladder (pun fully intended).

Not all too common an occurrence, I do hope…

Well, we do have a couch at home, so there's that.

Then it’s probably good that she was the “grownup” in charge of the expedition, then.
Were it you instead, the same set of circumstances would likely have lead to recreating parking-lot go-cart races for old times’ sake.

And then someone might'a been sleeping on the floor.

In that case, it totally would have been worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!