Check Here For Popular Transportation Links

Obi-Wan Pinobi

<font color=red>Jedi moderator who likes to live o
Hello, everyone! I decided to clean up the Sticky threads at the top of the Transportation Board. The following is a list of links frequently referred to here on the Transportation Board.

**Orlando Airport Transportation (Town Cars, Limos, Vans): The DIS recommends FL TOURS Transportation - www.fltours.com.

The wdwinfo.com site contains a lot of transportation information

wdwinfo.com transportation page

Orlando Airport Transportation
WDW bus schedules
the WDW monorail system

These popular threads contain a lot of useful information for travelers

Autotrain FAQ thread, about the Amtrak service from Lorton, VA to Orlando, FL

The National Emerald Aisle thread features reports from other DISers of what has been available recently

The "For Those Folks Driving" thread has been a popular one for -- well, those folks driving :teeth:

These websites outside of the DIS are also great resources and have been recommended many times by many members

TSA web site area for travelers
The TSA list of items prohibited on airplanes, as a PDF file and in html..

Flying but want to know which seats are the best and which are the worse? Check out Seatguru.com

Many on here have mentioned Flyertalk, a web site for frequent flyers

Using Disney's Magical Express? Here's their online reservation site.

Need to take a taxi and want to estimate the cost? Check this fare estimator on Mears Transportation's web site. Link originally posted by Kimberle.

Driving and need to budget for gasoline? Check out the AAA fuel cost calculator

USAStar.com I-95 info page contains exit information for the Main Street of the east coast

The I-75 exit information guide is a similar site for the interstate that runs from Michigan to Florida

**If anyone knows of a similar site for I-10 or other interstates, let me know and I'll add it**

Road work continues at the Springfield Interchange in northern Virginia, where the Capital Beltway meets with I-95. Work continues on the Wilson Bridge but may be nearing completion. Check the site for construction and road detour updates.

The three most popular websites for maps and directions --
Google Maps
Mapquest
Rand McNally

Purely for nostalgia purposes -- Plutospup recently posted a link to this site, which contains historical information and photos of various airports around the country, including MCO in Orlando.

Last, but not least, there is FL Tours, the town car company which sponsors the Transportation Board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible for someone to post the website that searches for low airfares from several sites at once (not expedia, orbitz,) I found it in a thread here, and now cant remember a thing about it!!

tia

May have been mentioned before.

Grass Roots website but very valuable info there. Free info but they have a spot where you can donate if you feel like you saved some money.

Hope it helps someone.

I have been searching all over this site. I know I read something somewhere about taxis vs. Mears vs. private car/limo. I want to get any advice I can to decide how we want to get from the airport to Shades, but we want to stop at a grocery store on the way. Any tips on what's best and what's most cost-efficient will be greatly appriciated. We usually travel via Mears, but they don't stop at stores and we don't want to rent a car if at all possible.

Wow! Sorry if the title is a bit confusing. I am wondering if anyone has a link or reference to the general order by which the resort bus system is structured at the parks? In all times past, we have stayed at the value resorts that, understandably, have these bus pick-up points at the furthest location in order (ya get what ya pay for). My presumption is that the layout will be by scale of hotel cost, but have been looking for a reference.

The fams is looking to stay at another resort and I am curious as to how this might factor into the decision. Not a lot of merit will be placed on this factor in particular, but I like to have all the ducks in a row.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Wow! Sorry if the title is a bit confusing. I am wondering if anyone has a link or reference to the general order by which the resort bus system is structured at the parks? In all times past, we have stayed at the value resorts that, understandably, have these bus pick-up points at the furthest location in order (ya get what ya pay for). My presumption is that the layout will be by scale of hotel cost, but have been looking for a reference.

The fams is looking to stay at another resort and I am curious as to how this might factor into the decision. Not a lot of merit will be placed on this factor in particular, but I like to have all the ducks in a row.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.
Probably would be better if you asked this in the main forum, but I'll try to answer it here for you.
Usually, note I say usually, the deluxes have bus stops closer to park entrances. But, this is not always the case. At MGM, POP Century is closest to the entrance, same with at DTD. But, at Epcot it's way down the road. And even if someone could tell you here how the bus stops are set up today, at each park, that could conceivably change next week. Choose your resort based on other parameters, not where the bus stop is at each park. ..especially since each park has a different order.

Oh, and by the way...Welcome to the DIS boards!!!!

Probably would be better if you asked this in the main forum, but I'll try to answer it here for you.
Usually, note I say usually, the deluxes have bus stops closer to park entrances. But, this is not always the case. At MGM, POP Century is closest to the entrance, same with at DTD. But, at Epcot it's way down the road. And even if someone could tell you here how the bus stops are set up today, at each park, that could conceivably change next week. Choose your resort based on other parameters, not where the bus stop is at each park. ..especially since each park has a different order.

Oh, and by the way...Welcome to the DIS boards!!!!

Thank you very much for the welcome and the input! As I said, this isn't a big factor more than just trying to jog my aging memory! :) I warmly recall carrying two kids after the MNSHP to the All-Star corral and waiting patiently with a throng of other families to catch a bus. Pop Century is, of course, much better as service is dedicated to one resort vice three. The major conditions for our selection this time out will be resort offerings based upon our growing kids (now 8 and 13 y.o.).

This is our third trip to WDW in October :woohoo: and will be anxious to see how much attendance has increased from the last time. What was once a relatively quiet time of the year has grown so much.

Really missin' the magic!!!

Is there a train that goes from California to Florida? My mom doesn't really like to ride in airplanes, and the gas prices are pretty high now a days, they don't want to drive

There is very little transportation information on this site regarding the WDW Watercraft (ferry boats, motor cruisers and motor launches) that service the Transportation & Ticket Center, Magic Kingdom and the nearby WDW hotels and the campground on Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. These boats are part of the WDW Transportation Department just like buses and monorails.

Go to allearsnet.com for information on the WDW Watercraft.

Effective 11/18/08, WDW Watercraft OPS on Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake have undergone a few changes. See the following for up-to-date info:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1646456

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!