Check Here For Popular Transportation Links

anyone have a link or phone number to the cab service that is used around the WDW complex. We need to take a cab to the courthouse so we can get our weddng liscense.. So im trying to weigh our options.. Thanks for any help!!!

We are staying at Regal Palms and plan to go to WDW April 12-16, 2010 with our family car. We have reservations one day for breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. I thought it would be neat to park (valet?) at the Grand Floridian and take the monorail to MK and return on the boat. Can someone tell me if and what I have to pay for the monorail/boat/parking. I've read that transportation is free for resort guests, but there's no information for offsite visitors. Also, does anyone have any suggestions for transportation/parking in general during our stay?

Thanks!

We are staying at Regal Palms and plan to go to WDW April 12-16, 2010 with our family car. We have reservations one day for breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. I thought it would be neat to park (valet?) at the Grand Floridian and take the monorail to MK and return on the boat. Can someone tell me if and what I have to pay for the monorail/boat/parking. I've read that transportation is free for resort guests, but there's no information for offsite visitors. Also, does anyone have any suggestions for transportation/parking in general during our stay?

Thanks!
You are able to valet park at the GF for about $12 or so. Then you can take the monorail to the MK. All transportation within WDW is free.
Another option is just parking at the TTC..same price as valet parking. That way, you can take the monorail to the GF, then to the MK. And if you wanted to head to a different park, you could grab a bus there (to DHS or AK) or the monorail line to Epcot.

We wanted to try breakfasts at resorts other than the one we are staying at (POR) How early do the buses run. I guess we would have to go to DTD and then back to a resort? The website says that the DTD buses don't start until 8:30am! We have ADRs for 7:45am at two other resorts. Apart from the bus system, does anyone know what cab fare would be on average, say from POR to AKL?
Thanks for any help.

We wanted to try breakfasts at resorts other than the one we are staying at (POR) How early do the buses run. I guess we would have to go to DTD and then back to a resort? The website says that the DTD buses don't start until 8:30am! We have ADRs for 7:45am at two other resorts. Apart from the bus system, does anyone know what cab fare would be on average, say from POR to AKL?
Thanks for any help.

Your best bet is going to be a cab at that hour. You could get an early ADR bus to AK, then transfer to the AKL bus...but you would have to be out at your bus stop by 6:30 since there is no way of telling what time the bus to AKL from AK would be along.
If you post over on the main board, and give us some idea where you need to get to, and from which resort, we should be able to give you some more concrete ideas.

Does anyone have list of hotels/motels that allow dogs? We are attempting to drive straight through form New Jersey on Friday night, but in case we get too tired and need to call it a night, I would appreciate the names of any chains you might know of that accept small dogs.

Does anyone have list of hotels/motels that allow dogs? We are attempting to drive straight through form New Jersey on Friday night, but in case we get too tired and need to call it a night, I would appreciate the names of any chains you might know of that accept small dogs.
You might want to post this question over on the regular Transportation board. You'll get more notice there.

This December I will be staying on DWD property for the first time, with no car rental. One of my biggest concerns is how we will get around. I found the "Get around" section of the WDW page on Wikitravel to be helpful (wikitravel.org/en/Walt_Disney_World_Resort).
Here is some condensed info from there:

Disney buses

The bus routes facilitate travel from a resort to a park, but not from one resort to another or from one park to another. Most resorts have direct bus routes to all four theme parks and Downtown Disney.

As Disney's Boardwalk is part of a resort, travel from other resorts (except Swan/Dolphin or Yacht/Beach Clubs) is via one of the parks. The most convenient options are Disney's Hollywood Studios, which has two connections to the Boardwalk—walking or ferry—and Epcot, which has access to the Boardwalk through the back entrance (caution, without Park Hopper tickets, using Epcot as an interchange is not recommended, as it would require entering through the main entrance and exiting out the back entrance, thereby costing the admission fee).

There is no bus service to the Magic Kingdom or Epcot from the MK-area resorts; they are served by monorail. Likewise, service to Epcot and DHS from the Epcot-area resorts is by ferry or walking. There is also no direct bus service between the theme parks and DtD. To travel to/from DtD from/to a theme park, you must travel to a resort and change buses. The most convenient resort for this purpose is Disney's Saratoga Springs, which is next door to DtD; from DSS you can get to DtD via a pedestrian bridge, bus, or ferry.

Expect to wait up to 15 minutes for a bus to your destination, and another 10 to 30 minutes to get there. Guests in wheelchairs have first priority when boarding.

Disney monorail

The monorail service has three lines:

* Express: Travels from the Transportation and Ticket Center (adjacent to the Magic Kingdom parking lot) to the MK gates and back, without stopping at the resorts.
* Resort: From TTC to, in order: Polynesian, Grand Floridian, MK, and Contemporary.
* Epcot: Travels between TTC and the Epcot gates.

From the Polynesian Resort, you may walk to TTC to get to the Epcot monorail; it's usually faster than taking the Resort monorail through the loop. It is also possible to walk to the TTC from Disney's Wilderness Lodge. The distance is about half a mile (10 minutes).

Disney boat

* From MK, large ferries transport guests to TTC. Smaller ferries travel to the Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Fort Wilderness Campground, and Wilderness Lodge.
* From Epcot and DHS, service is to the Swan/Dolphin, Yacht/Beach Club, and Boardwalk.
* From DtD, service is to the Port Orleans, DSS, and Old Key West Resorts.

We are heading to WDW on Sept 9th. At the beginning of August, I thought I registered with DME via the website. However 10 days later I received an e-mail saying they could not process my request any further due to the website being wholesale people only. Has it always been like this and I just missed it?

Same thing happened to me... was told that was for wholesellers.

Greetings! I am hoping that someone can offer me good advice RE: the following dilemma . . .I am taking Magical Express from MCO to WDW on 9/14. I needed to rent a car because I am staying off-site over the weekend. I've been monitoring prices for weeks & had settled on a 3 day weekend rental picking up & dropping off at the car care center. The best price I found was about $145 (!) I was just able to book a last minute weekly rental for $160. The catch: I need to pick up the car at MCO instead of the car care center at WDW (where the same time period costs $400!!!) So, what is a cost effective way for me to get to MCO on Friday morning?

Thank you kindly for any advice you may provide!

Greetings! I am hoping that someone can offer me good advice RE: the following dilemma . . .I am taking Magical Express from MCO to WDW on 9/14. I needed to rent a car because I am staying off-site over the weekend. I've been monitoring prices for weeks & had settled on a 3 day weekend rental picking up & dropping off at the car care center. The best price I found was about $145 (!) I was just able to book a last minute weekly rental for $160. The catch: I need to pick up the car at MCO instead of the car care center at WDW (where the same time period costs $400!!!) So, what is a cost effective way for me to get to MCO on Friday morning?

Thank you kindly for any advice you may provide!
You could take the Mears shuttle from your resort to MCO. It's about $20 one way.

anyone have a link or phone number to the cab service that is used around the WDW complex. We need to take a cab to the courthouse so we can get our weddng liscense.. So im trying to weigh our options.. Thanks for any help!!!

i'm looking for cab info as well. i'm staying onsite.

what do people usually do? call the cab company yourself or have a front desk/valet/bell services/concierge person call?

is there more than 1 cab company that works the resorts?

I don't think about budget when it comes to go Disney land I always ready to book Airline Tickets.:banana:

2mycountry.com

I find this site very useful to keep track of severe weather (Winter & Summer), FAA flight status information, and local Orlando/ WDW weather all in one easy to use location..

Enjoy..

www.travelweather.weebly.com

We mainly use Amadeus a site similar to Kayak, it can be view in many languages, searches multiple Airlines and has some useful information on their link 'Trip Tools' such as Airport guides, Currency Converter, Subway Maps, Weather, etc.

http://us.bestfares.amadeus.net/

Cheers Samaya.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!