Check Here For Popular Transportation Links

We're flying home from Disney using PIE Tampa/St. Pete. Anyone have any suggestions for the best way to get from Disney to PIE? Most of the companies only have MCO or SFB on their websites.

We're flying home from Disney using PIE Tampa/St. Pete. Anyone have any suggestions for the best way to get from Disney to PIE? Most of the companies only have MCO or SFB on their websites.

It would most likely be cost prohibitive to try and find a service to get you to St Petersburg from WDW. It's about 75 mins to Tampa International..so figure an addtl 30 mins to Tampa/St Pete. No car services go to Tampa Intl. Your best bet is going to be a rental car.

We used FL Tours in '10 for roundtrip from MCO to Boardwalk and are considering using them again for roundtrip from MCO to Beach Club. Their service was impeccable in '10, has anyone used them recently and if so, is the service still good/reliable?

I need to get from Orlando airport to the Doubletree Suites that's on property at WDW. The options seem to be Mears or some other shuttle van, but with young children would we not need car seats in these? In the large shuttle buses (like Magic express, if I remember correctly) they don't have seat belts, so they don't. I haven't seen any post about car seats/boosters. When I called the hotel they said they've never seen anyone carrying in car seats. I'm confused.

I need to get from Orlando airport to the Doubletree Suites that's on property at WDW. The options seem to be Mears or some other shuttle van, but with young children would we not need car seats in these? In the large shuttle buses (like Magic express, if I remember correctly) they don't have seat belts, so they don't. I haven't seen any post about car seats/boosters. When I called the hotel they said they've never seen anyone carrying in car seats. I'm confused.

You don't need car seats in the large buses...as you said, no seat belts. In the shuttle vans, I haven't seen car seats used. If you want to use a car seat, I would get a towncar service (about $120 r/t for 4) and have them include a car seat.

I vaguely remember a link to a site that would tell you what options you have for transportation within WDW as well as how long it would take. It usually listed buses, boats, monorail, etc. Our last trip was in 09 so it may not be around anymore. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Wondering if there are any apps for that too.

I vaguely remember a link to a site that would tell you what options you have for transportation within WDW as well as how long it would take. It usually listed buses, boats, monorail, etc. Our last trip was in 09 so it may not be around anymore. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Wondering if there are any apps for that too.

I think this is what you are talking about

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx

Based on the DisBoards' recommendation, we booked an airport transfer with FL Tours and we were not impressed. First, the driver was running late to MCO. He did call to say he was about 5 minutes away, but by that time we had already been searching for him in Baggage Claim and getting frustrated. He also drove a bit too aggressively and made jerky movements while berating other drivers.

When he dropped us off at the Swan, I asked about our return pick-up date and time and he said the company would call the day before to confirm. We did not get such a phone call, so I called them the morning of our departure.

At the scheduled time, we waited in the lobby for the driver to show up. When he failed to show, I called their office and was told the driver was waiting outside. Well, we were never told to meet the driver outside in the taxi zone! When we had looked earlier, we did not see a Town Car with a sign and our name on it. When we used other companies in the past, the driver had always met us in the hotel lobby and helped with our luggage, which this driver failed to do.

Again, we were not impressed with FL Tours. There are other companies in Orlando that offer similar Town Car airport transfer services at comparable rates.

Based on the DisBoards' recommendation, we booked an airport transfer with FL Tours and we were not impressed. First, the driver was running late to MCO. He did call to say he was about 5 minutes away, but by that time we had already been searching for him in Baggage Claim and getting frustrated. He also drove a bit too aggressively and made jerky movements while berating other drivers.

When he dropped us off at the Swan, I asked about our return pick-up date and time and he said the company would call the day before to confirm. We did not get such a phone call, so I called them the morning of our departure.

At the scheduled time, we waited in the lobby for the driver to show up. When he failed to show, I called their office and was told the driver was waiting outside. Well, we were never told to meet the driver outside in the taxi zone! When we had looked earlier, we did not see a Town Car with a sign and our name on it. When we used other companies in the past, the driver had always met us in the hotel lobby and helped with our luggage, which this driver failed to do.

Again, we were not impressed with FL Tours. There are other companies in Orlando that offer similar Town Car airport transfer services at comparable rates.
Towncar drivers seldom, if ever, go into the lobby looking for passengers, at least not in WDW. That has never been my experience. But...having said that, please let the company know of your experience. They are really trying to give the best service they can. If particular drivers aren't giving good service, the company needs to know about it! I have also had an issue with being picked up by a driver, without him having anything showing that he was our driver. I even had one driver, not from FL Tours, play a game of 'names' with me. I asked who he was looking for, he said, ' you, right?' and we continued without him ever giving my actual name. Finally, after 5 mins of this back and forth he just laughed and finally gave our name. I wasn't happy.
So, please, let the company know of your experience.

Has anyone had any experience with Florida Town Cars? You can only pay cash or travlers check right to the driver when they leave you at the resort. They give you a voucher for your return trip.

The whole cash thing to the driver makes me uneasy :scratchin

I am also looking at Tiffany Town Car so if anyone has hear of them feedback would be welcome. Thanks:wave2:

Towncar drivers seldom, if ever, go into the lobby looking for passengers, at least not in WDW. That has never been my experience. But...having said that, please let the company know of your experience. They are really trying to give the best service they can. If particular drivers aren't giving good service, the company needs to know about it! I have also had an issue with being picked up by a driver, without him having anything showing that he was our driver. I even had one driver, not from FL Tours, play a game of 'names' with me. I asked who he was looking for, he said, ' you, right?' and we continued without him ever giving my actual name. Finally, after 5 mins of this back and forth he just laughed and finally gave our name. I wasn't happy.
So, please, let the company know of your experience.

This is my first time on this board so I don't even know if it's OK for me to post here, but I saw a post on the Resorts board that was moved here...which led me to this Sticky.

Pegasus Professional Transportation is wonderful! The drivers absolutely come inside, meet you at the bottom of the escalator at Baggage Claim, help you with your baggage, provide car seats and boosters, and give you flawless service to/from your resort. They will also come into your resort lobby to help you with bags if needed on airport return. http://www.pegasusprofessional.com/index.html We go several times a year and have tried several services. I'll never use anyone else! I do prefer calling to using their website--it's not the greatest.

Hope this helps somebody.

Are there busses from parks to DTD? I know busses at DTD only go to resorts, just wondering if we could go from DHS or Epcot straight there.

Are there busses from parks to DTD? I know busses at DTD only go to resorts, just wondering if we could go from DHS or Epcot straight there.

Nope. YOu would have to go to a resort from the park, and then transfer to a DTD bus at the resort. At DHS, I would go to either S/D or BW. At Epcot, I would go to BC or BW.
Or go to SSR and then take the boat over.

Is it possible for someone to post the website that searches for low airfares from several sites at once (not expedia, orbitz,) I found it in a thread here, and now cant remember a thing about it!!

tia
google.com/flights - sorry just noticed this is a very old original post that I responded to but nonetheless a potentially helpful link for someone.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!