Check-in March 2018

I'm hopeful that the Main Street work will be complete by the time we arrive. We never spend too much time in the pier area of CA, besides, TSMM, but it is still a bummer that such a large area is closed, One for just the general look and two because people who would have been at the pier will now be in other areas of CA! :P

My husband and I will be there 3/9 and 3/10. We’re celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary!! I’m genuinely hoping the walls on Main Street will down and that Pirates will still be open.

Will be there 3/1-3/3 with my 10 year old daughter staying at the DLH. The only thing she wanted for Christmas was a solo daddy daughter trip. Her two older siblings are a bit jealous, but my wife is happy to skip it.

My bff and I will be there Feb 28 - March 3. I *think* we managed to hit the week between all the spring breaks. Anticipating a crowded Saturday with mini-gay days, but otherwise hoping that the construction and closures will keep some of the crowds away. I wish Splash was open, but otherwise I'm so excited! First trip since October 2016.

I am 38 days from my arrival. Ready to start packing. January was a rough month my car caught on fire and I had to buy a new one. My kid is having some health issues. So all of that and more will make my time at Disneyland that much better. :) First Ride I think will be tea cups. Anyone else have a first ride planned?

I am 38 days from my arrival. Ready to start packing. January was a rough month my car caught on fire and I had to buy a new one. My kid is having some health issues. So all of that and more will make my time at Disneyland that much better. :) First Ride I think will be tea cups. Anyone else have a first ride planned?

Our first day at the parks will be MM on a Saturday so we'll likely do Peter Pan - as we have before, we plan to arrive plenty early and be up against the gate! Keeping up with my kids is always a challenge now though as I have the shortest legs in the family this trip. No running though, that's the rule!

Yup. :earsgirl: Planning Little Mermaid. Although I write out a detailed plan we tend to go with the flow.
So glad you asked this question! I just made my reservation for Blue Bayou. I was scared there was no early time available. When I selected “lunch” it was showing 1 pm and later. Eek! My kids are early eaters. When I chose the time I wanted it was available each day. Maybe they’re trying to fill up the less common times first? (Eyeroll)

Attachments

• 0B1DC598-7CCD-4386-A9C1-BD10C37C3B9F.jpeg
    0B1DC598-7CCD-4386-A9C1-BD10C37C3B9F.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Did you see disneyland daily’s suggestion to skip pp first?
Our first day at the parks will be MM on a Saturday so we'll likely do Peter Pan - as we have before, we plan to arrive plenty early and be up against the gate! Keeping up with my kids is always a challenge now though as I have the shortest legs in the family this trip. No running though, that's the rule!

We are heading to Disneyland March 8-15, staying at GCV (DVC members)! Very excited for the resort, not so excited about the walls up! We understand the Pixar Pier construction will still be going on, but hoping some of the walls up on Main Street will be down when we get there!

We will have 3 park days, a couple other days to explore some other California attractions, and a day trip to Palm Springs possibly to visit relatives. Also may hit up an Anaheim Ducks hockey game!

Did you see disneyland daily’s suggestion to skip pp first?

Yes, we have skipped it before - but when it's magic morning and there is no rope drop and they are the first through the turn-style, teenagers can move FAST compared to strollers and other people - so they make it in good time. We were the first ones on HyperSpace mountain last trip at magic morning and they didn't run one tiny bit! We can grab a FP with MP once we are done or if there is a small line. That poor ride isn't all that much but it loads like a toad so getting it out of the way will be wonderful and with the wall up those fast moving agile bodies will work even better to get there fast. The only problem will be if I can keep up!!

@smartlabelprint I love that you wrote out a plan! I like to do that in preparation but my husband thinks I'm crazy! Not that we have to stick to it, but I don't like standing around trying to decide what to do next and it is part of the fun for me!

Traditionally It's Small World has been the first ride harkening back to the days my grandparents would take the whole family but we don't have a first anymore. I now like to save the longer rides for later in the day.

My kid and I like to stay to park closing and we jump in the line Peter Pan right before they closing time. It is a lot of fun but she is 15 so staying late is not an issue for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts