Check-in March 2018

Yup. :earsgirl: Planning Little Mermaid. Although I write out a detailed plan we tend to go with the flow.
So glad you asked this question! I just made my reservation for Blue Bayou. I was scared there was no early time available. When I selected “lunch” it was showing 1 pm and later. Eek! My kids are early eaters. When I chose the time I wanted it was available each day. Maybe they’re trying to fill up the less common times first? (Eyeroll)
We love the Little Mermaid but of course it is hard to find a ride we don't like. I like to schedule the restaurants for non traditional meal times in hopes they are not as busy. We are doing BB the first night we are there for the Fantasmic package. I hope you enjoy your meal.

My kid and I like to stay to park closing and we jump in the line Peter Pan right before they closing time. It is a lot of fun but she is 15 so staying late is not an issue for her.

We did that our last trip - is was very close to closing and my DD and I rode Peter Pan - it was not a long wait at that time of night. My kids are 15 and 14 so I am pretty sure Dad will be the one wanting to leave the earliest of all of us!

We love the Little Mermaid but of course it is hard to find a ride we don't like. I like to schedule the restaurants for non traditional meal times in hopes they are not as busy. We are doing BB the first night we are there for the Fantasmic package. I hope you enjoy your meal.
We have a shorty with us and I think that may be her only ride of the day. :(

Last edited:

@smartlabelprint I love that you wrote out a plan! I like to do that in preparation but my husband thinks I'm crazy! Not that we have to stick to it, but I don't like standing around trying to decide what to do next and it is part of the fun for me!

Traditionally It's Small World has been the first ride harkening back to the days my grandparents would take the whole family but we don't have a first anymore. I now like to save the longer rides for later in the day.
That’s a fun tradition. I think I’d go late too.

I like writing because i get to think about my trip. :) It helps us to have our morning game plan written when we have dysregulated toddlers. If we get to come back in the afternoon we’re pretty open. I leave options in case they’re doing well and we can add something.

I don’t get to plan as much as I like because my oldest gets anxiety. So, when we watch YouTube’s (which we need to to mentally prepare) I say if we get to go to Disneyland again would you like to try this ride?

Ok finally bought my tickets through LMT with the savings there I can totally get MaxPass every day of our trip. Getting closer. :)

I'm SO GLAD that we bought our tickets before the prices went up! And this morning, I made our Fantasmic! dinner package reservation! We have NEVER seen Fantasmic. I'm pretty darn excited. :cool1:
I got mine a couple weeks ago too because I was worried about a price increase. I hope you enjoy Fantasmic.

So excited, I just planned a last minute overnight birthday trip for March 4-5, staying at the GCH for the first time EVER, WOO HOO!!! We are flying into Burbank that Friday night to use the last few days on our Universal AP, then I'm heading down to Anaheim on Sunday morning to get my Disney fix. The boys are letting me do this solo so I can RELAX and enjoy the Grand :)

So excited, I just planned a last minute overnight birthday trip for March 4-5, staying at the GCH for the first time EVER, WOO HOO!!! We are flying into Burbank that Friday night to use the last few days on our Universal AP, then I'm heading down to Anaheim on Sunday morning to get my Disney fix. The boys are letting me do this solo so I can RELAX and enjoy the Grand :)
You will love GHC. The atmosphere and the location can not be beat. I hope you get lots of relaxing done.

Flying into San Diego and driving up March 28th staying at Park Vue Inn through March 31. We're surprising our 9 and 6 year old. They know we're going to SD for Spring Break, but not that we added these extra days when we got cheaper flights on Wednesday. Was planning to do only 3 days in the park, but got such a good deal on LMT for the 4th day that we figured we could just go in for a few hours the first evening to make it worth it. Then we're driving back to SD the 31st to continue a week long trip seeing Legoland, SeaWorld, SD zoo, air craft carrier etc. I'm kind of tired just thinking about it. :scared:

Do you have anything special planned for your first trip as a family?

We have breakfast at Surf’s Up on our last day and I booked the Fantasmic! Hungry Bear package. I’ve been reading this site and trying to plan, but there’s so much!

We have breakfast at Surf’s Up on our last day and I booked the Fantasmic! Hungry Bear package. I’ve been reading this site and trying to plan, but there’s so much!
Surf's Up is our favorite character meal. You will enjoy it. There are good tips on the boards but my best tip is not to overplan and leave time to go with the flow.

Flying into San Diego and driving up March 28th staying at Park Vue Inn through March 31. We're surprising our 9 and 6 year old. They know we're going to SD for Spring Break, but not that we added these extra days when we got cheaper flights on Wednesday. Was planning to do only 3 days in the park, but got such a good deal on LMT for the 4th day that we figured we could just go in for a few hours the first evening to make it worth it. Then we're driving back to SD the 31st to continue a week long trip seeing Legoland, SeaWorld, SD zoo, air craft carrier etc. I'm kind of tired just thinking about it. :scared:
You will be busy, I hope you have tons of fun

Surf's Up is our favorite character meal. You will enjoy it. There are good tips on the boards but my best tip is not to overplan and leave time to go with the flow.

Thanks! I like to plan, but feel a little over my head with this trip. Your tip makes me feel a bit better. I know we're going to have fun regardless.

Reserved our rental car this evening! We just moved to Phoenix and don't feel like putting all those miles on our regular vehicles, so we're going the rental car route for this trip. I'm thrilled that it'll only be about a 5 hour drive this time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!